Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

crub damage (driverside)

Old 02-26-14, 08:21 AM   #1
tylerd1023
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default crub damage (driverside)

so a few weeks ago in virginia we got hit with our first snow storm of the year , well in the midst of the storm i had to run to the store for wood , for my fireplace , and for some food , well on m route home i made it about 95% of the way without a problem , and when i was making my right turn onto my road i actually hit a slight incline ( roads were covered in about 1" of snow ) the road wasnt perfectly flat

well i ended up sliding into the curb on my drivers side ( 10-15mph max) and came to a stop , ended up getting out and noticng no physical damage , so i backed off the curb , drove the car all of 1/4 mile down the road to my house and parked in my driveway . well about a week ago , we got hit with almost perfect weather ( 70 degrees) so i decided it was time to jack the gs400 up and pull the wheel off to start fixing the damage ,
i had already noticed the bent lower control arm so i had already had a replacement , well when pulling everything off i noticed a few things

1) lower control arm was bent towards the interior (3-3.5")
2) lower radius arm ( control arm #2) not noticable bent
3) bad lower ball joint

so i went on with replacing the lower control arm , so i could make steps towards the car being fixed, when i noticed while bolting everything back up , i had a bad ball joint , and the lower drivers side radius arm was bent so bad ,. if i placed the one end on the stud . i couldnt bolt the control amr to the lower control ar, so then i bolted it to the car with the bushing side dangling and noticed it has about bent about 1.2-2" . and the ball joint was bad as well

so my question is , where the hell can i find this lower radius arm , used if possible , but also new if it can be found at a fair price , it isnt a very easy part to come across hints why im asking in here before i go out and spend all this money replacing this part.

P/N: 48069A - ARM SUB-ASSEMBLY, FRONT SUSPENSION, LOWER No.2 LEFT. ARM ASSY, LWR NO.2 Left

there is also a diagram of this but i cant find it . its the arm the atached on the back side of the lower control arm , that has 2 bolts on the lower control arm underneath the strut mount , and bolts to the back of the wheel well atached to cars unibody..

if you hav a part for sale ( drivers side , lower raidus arm ( tension rod) you can contact me at 8045145252 by text or call becouse i am really trying to fix this issue
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
tylerd1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-14, 08:21 AM