Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-Tuned installation cost

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-03, 12:39 PM
Craxis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question L-Tuned installation cost

My local Lexus dealer quoted me 6.5 hours labor at $95/hour ($618 total) for installing the L-Tuned springs/shocks. A local independent shop with a good reputation for performance wheel and suspension work quoted me $370 for the install. Any problems (warranty or otherwise) having a non-lexus shop install the L-Tuned springs/shocks? Doing it myself is not an option.

I plan on ordering the parts from Carson Toyota, so I am already getting a good price on the parts.

Thanks.

- Ken
Old 02-03-03, 02:34 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

That's not a bad price from a Lexus dealership. Remember that the installation also is warrantied by Lexus if the work is done at a dealership. However, if your independent is also warrantying his work, that's a great price.

The Lexus dealer's price probably includes the cost of the 4 wheel re-alignment. Plan on adding an extra $100 to the independent's cost for the alignment, since I'm betting that their number doesn't include that. Still, a good deal if they do good work.
Old 02-03-03, 11:36 AM
Craxis
Driver School Candidate

I forgot to mention that the independent price includes the 4 wheel re-alignment, not sure if the dealer price does or not, they didn't specify.

Thanks for the response mooretorque.
Old 02-03-03, 05:51 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Mine was $440 including alignment at a Lexus dealer. Perhaps the diff. is the hourly rate where I go is $75 (I think).
Old 02-08-03, 05:37 PM
dipstick
Pole Position

Mine was $512 including alignment at the same Lexus dealership as Bit (I think). My local dealer quoted me $1200 just to install the springs & shocks???? They also quoted me $350 to install the new sway bars. Which I am getting done for more like $125. I guess the Lexus clientele here is richer than in Atlanta. Just joking!
Old 02-10-03, 06:11 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

$100 for installation at the local shop. However, no alignment is included at that price.
Old 10-27-03, 12:55 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My Lexus dealer (Lexus of Cherry Hill) quoted me about $900. (includes alignment) to install L-Tuned shocks/springs, but still refuses to do it because I'm not buying the parts from them...
Old 10-27-03, 01:16 PM
joel5150
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer in Westminster quoted me about $700 and that includes the 4-wheel alignment.

In my past car experiences I have had other 'qualified shops' do work on my cars, and it has not been pretty. I have a good friend now that can do work on my car for cost of parts, but I would rather take it to the dealer and make sure the work is covered under the warranty.

Just my 2 cents,

Joel
Attached Thumbnails L-Tuned installation cost-my-sig-lexus.jpg  
Old 10-27-03, 01:20 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Sorry, but you guys are out of your minds.

I recently stated before of my shopping around.

There are PLENTY of reputable shops out there that will install shocks/springs and give you an alignment for no more then 300 or so. There is absolutely no reason to spend $500 and beyond.

I just feel that is getting ripped wether it's Lexus warrantied or not.

-Anthony
Old 10-27-03, 01:40 PM
joel5150
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Captain Bone,
I don't wnat to start anything here, but have you ever tried to get something fixed on your car with the dealer and thy say, you had this work done at an non-dealer service location, I am sorry but you will have to take this matter up with them. Since we didn't work on it we have no idea if that service you had done caused the problem.

I know this doesn't always happen, and depends on how well you know your mechanic, but some people like the comfort of knowing that the dealer will gaurantee the work they have done and if something goes wrong the dealer will fix it, without charging.

Joel
Attached Thumbnails L-Tuned installation cost-my-sig-lexus.jpg  
Old 10-28-03, 02:28 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by joel5150
Captain Bone,
I don't wnat to start anything here, but have you ever tried to get something fixed on your car with the dealer and thy say, you had this work done at an non-dealer service location, I am sorry but you will have to take this matter up with them. Since we didn't work on it we have no idea if that service you had done caused the problem.

I know this doesn't always happen, and depends on how well you know your mechanic, but some people like the comfort of knowing that the dealer will gaurantee the work they have done and if something goes wrong the dealer will fix it, without charging.

Joel
No problem Joel.

I completely understand where your coming from. I have a few specialty shops for brakes, wheel installation, engine, etc. in my area and therefore if I have a problem with what they do then I will check and find the problem before I leave or go back afterward. I wouldn't and never have payed for it. I understand though that some people like the comfort of the dealership. To those who are willing to shill out for the extra comfort, all the power to ya. I guess I'm just lucky.

-Anthony
Old 10-29-03, 09:19 PM
camtrek
Driver

I was considering the L-tuned shocks and springs also. But My car is leased. DO you think get the shocks etc. done by the Lexus dealership even tho it's a lease?
Old 11-03-03, 10:17 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think the dealer would know if your car is leased or not. But the leasing company will want the car back in it's stock condition so unless you plan on buying it after the lease is over you should factor in the cost of putting it back to stock.
Old 11-04-03, 08:18 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

my dealership quoted me $400 w/ 4 wheel alignment
Old 11-04-03, 08:34 AM
martialart
Driver

i refuse to pay someone 500 bucks to lossen a couple screws a. i did it my self with a friend and it took us about 1.5 per tire, it is not really that hard to do. i am about saving money and 500 bucks is way to high for labor on this matter.

Quick Reply: L-Tuned installation cost