Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Front Lower Ball Joints: OEM vs. Aftermarket?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-14, 04:07 PM   #1
Mason77
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Mason77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4
Default Front Lower Ball Joints: OEM vs. Aftermarket?

Sorry if this question has been answered before but after some searching I couldnt find it. Anyways, I need to replace the front lower ball joints on my '98 GS300 and I was wondering if it is worth it to buy OEM replacements or a set of cheaper replacements from Auto Parts Warehouse. The car is just a daily driver but I know how dangerous lower ball joint failure can be so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with some of the replacement brands from Auto Parts Warehouse vs. OEM. Thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Mason77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 05:55 PM   #2
offbad
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 414
Default

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...420&cc=1363542

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...350&cc=1363542


you're welcome.
offbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 07:44 PM   #3
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
DosyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PGH
Posts: 2,009
Sicily_Bronze
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason77 View Post
Sorry if this question has been answered before but after some searching I couldnt find it. Anyways, I need to replace the front lower ball joints on my '98 GS300 and I was wondering if it is worth it to buy OEM replacements or a set of cheaper replacements from Auto Parts Warehouse. The car is just a daily driver but I know how dangerous lower ball joint failure can be so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with some of the replacement brands from Auto Parts Warehouse vs. OEM. Thanks!
Their must be 2 dozen threads on this, u did not search or you would of had your answer...
__________________

"HYPE IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER"
DosyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 09:47 PM   #4
SaiyanGS3
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (8)
 
SaiyanGS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: H-town, TX
Posts: 1,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlockoV8 View Post
Their must be 2 dozen threads on this, u did not search or you would of had your answer...
And also keeping in mind he PM me the same question just to turn around and ask the question again. Glad this is moved
SaiyanGS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 11:06 AM   #5
Mason77
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Mason77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4
Default

When did I PM you? I havent PMd anyone on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiyanGS3 View Post
And also keeping in mind he PM me the same question just to turn around and ask the question again. Glad this is moved
Mason77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 11:06 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1997 front upper control arms Nguyen07 Suspension and Brakes 8 02-13-14 09:06 PM
Lower bvall joints and outer tie rod questions.. PLEASE HELP aneidiaz Suspension and Brakes 23 01-08-14 01:41 AM
Aftermarket Lower Ball Joints & Tie Rods VIPvPanda Suspension and Brakes 51 04-18-13 11:54 AM
Anyone has good or bad experience with after market Moog ball joint? GS4TEK GS - Second Generation 17 05-03-12 06:58 PM
Need New Control Arms Going Aftermarket djspawn00 GS - Second Generation 12 08-28-10 07:50 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info