Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

new bilstein struts and TT springs, ride is incredibly rough

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-14, 12:25 PM
Boergy
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 60 Posts

Hello!

i have installed Supra Bilstein struts with the Supra Springs and later with the eibach lowering springs. with the eibach, the car feel much more better, not hard, for me great, much better as with the OEM Supra springs. ok, the car is lower, i have also installed the supra TT swaybars, but the eibach supra springs was are the best. i tested on front with the oem sc and supra springs and different highes of the spring disc. i bought also new KYB Supra TT rear springs. All versions are not near so good as with the eibach springs. the car feels like i would have from beginning with the change to the supra shocks and springs.more balanced suspension, no bumping more. install lowering springs!

here with the supra oem springs

and here with the eibachs

front oem vs eibach

rear oem (KYB) vs eibach
Old 04-30-14, 08:13 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

boergy that color and ur car look magnificent
Old 05-01-14, 12:54 AM
Boergy
Advanced

thank you Candela

i´m not a fan of coilovers, and tested long time with the sping seat high on the shocks ( i made the grooves self) and the best was the combination with the seats on the original position with the eibach springs

which setup use you ?
Old 05-01-14, 10:01 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Supra front bilsteins with tein s tech 12 kg

GS300 rear bilsteins with SC espelir 6 kg

Both use e36 bumpstops

Only did that cuz I came across the GS shocks and tein springs for low cost.

They're on the upper spring perch groove and sit well, and ride great!
Old 05-03-14, 11:46 AM
cameratoaa
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats up guys!

So i've got the rear s-tech's in but the car is still in the air. Had a quick question...I had to compress the stock supra springs to get them on/off the strut but with the s-tech ones i didnt have to compress them at all, they fit right on with no compression. the struts were set on the lower of the two grooves when i bought them, i just left them there...is this going to be ok?

Boergy your car looks great!
Old 05-04-14, 10:19 AM
Boergy
Advanced

hy!

my eibachs also fit on rear nearly without compression on the strut, this is normal with lowering springs. how much says s-tech the car go lower?
Old 05-04-14, 10:34 AM
962jzsc415
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Boergy
Hello!

i have installed Supra Bilstein struts with the Supra Springs and later with the eibach lowering springs. with the eibach, the car feel much more better, not hard, for me great, much better as with the OEM Supra springs. ok, the car is lower, i have also installed the supra TT swaybars, but the eibach supra springs was are the best. i tested on front with the oem sc and supra springs and different highes of the spring disc. i bought also new KYB Supra TT rear springs. All versions are not near so good as with the eibach springs. the car feels like i would have from beginning with the change to the supra shocks and springs.more balanced suspension, no bumping more. install lowering springs!

front oem vs eibach

rear oem (KYB) vs eibach
GREAT visual for supra tt oem and eibach set up. I'm going with the eibach tt setup soon
Old 05-08-14, 05:08 PM
cameratoaa
Rookie

Ok so all four corners are done now and the ride is wayyy smoother now...as long as the road is in good shape, the second i go over an imperfection it's still rough but i think its my tires. I have bridgestone potenzas with maybe 30-40% tread on them, looking at michelins since everything ive seen says theyre really comfortable...any recommendations on tires? im 245/40-18

To recap parts:

New front LCA's
New front and rear poly sway bushings
New sway bar links all 4 corners
Tein S-tech springs
Bilstein shocks AK1242/AK1243

Car has a nice drop to it as well, sits very nicely and no rubbing so far...ill get pics up later.
Old 05-13-14, 07:30 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm running Falken 245/40/18 F and Pirelli P6 265/35/18 R, very minor scraping in the front in the shap turns, other than that I'm very happy fon now!!!
Tires will effect the handling as well as softness of the ride in a positive way!

I'm glad you like the ride!
Old 05-13-14, 07:35 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Boergy
Hello!

front oem vs eibach

rear oem (KYB) vs eibach

I wish I could get a set of mkiv supra eibachs, I'd be all over them over teins
Boergy, you're a lucky man! Love the stance man!!
Old 05-13-14, 03:27 PM
cameratoaa
Rookie

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
I'm running Falken 245/40/18 F and Pirelli P6 265/35/18 R, very minor scraping in the front in the shap turns, other than that I'm very happy fon now!!!
Tires will effect the handling as well as softness of the ride in a positive way!

I'm glad you like the ride!
Those tires you have pretty flexible rubber? How does your car feel on rough road? I almost got the Pirellis but went with michellins.
Old 05-16-14, 01:15 AM
Boergy
Advanced

thanks lexxium! i bought the from ebay.com, short time used for not much. look, maybe have you also luck and found one set of springs

i use 235/40/18 and 255/40/18 Falken FK 452 and the are very pretty good! i had before conti sport contact 3 and the are very very poor. i changed to used Falken at first and the were better as the like new contis! Japanese Car -> Japanese Tyres
Old 05-20-14, 05:13 PM
Fran96
Driver School Candidate

I have a 93 SC400, and one of the struts is a little bent, without jacking it up ,a friend told me it was bent, and may have an adjustment which may be within limits -so i may not have to replace it. If it has to be replaced, can I trust a used one ( and can a visual tell me if it's OK to use )?
Old 05-20-14, 05:57 PM
cameratoaa
Rookie

if a strut was noticeably bent i would probably not use it and replace right away...not sure how adjusting it would take the bend out ya know?

Usually go by mileage when buying used struts...im selling my old ones over in the classifieds right now, they have 98K on them.
Old 05-25-14, 07:53 AM
cameratoaa
Rookie

Pictures of my dirty car...with the drop and new tires. The tein springs have been on for about 3 weeks and have softened up a bit and feel perfect.

Quick Reply: new bilstein struts and TT springs, ride is incredibly rough