Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

FinallyReplaced the Whole Front End

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-14, 10:17 AM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great post! As far as the #2 caster arm bushings go your options s are a full set of OEM arms Or The Press In Poly Bushings From Sewell I Believe PSB 537 are the ones. Oh and there's also the Rocas that are also a press in bushing. But NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER buy the daizens!!! Good luck and post some pics once you get your coils on. hope this helps you out that is if you haven't already pulled the trigger on a decision.
Old 02-03-14, 08:14 PM
DNAARISTO
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by socal72
Great post! As far as the #2 caster arm bushings go your options s are a full set of OEM arms Or The Press In Poly Bushings From Sewell I Believe PSB 537 are the ones. Oh and there's also the Rocas that are also a press in bushing. But NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER buy the daizens!!! Good luck and post some pics once you get your coils on. hope this helps you out that is if you haven't already pulled the trigger on a decision.
Thanks. A lot. O heard the DAIZEN are not that good. A lot of people have reported premature failure within a year or so.I have not made a decision on.the coils yet. I'm.on.springs now, and will probably buy some wheels first. Still looking at options.
Old 02-28-14, 11:21 PM
antinnous
Driver School Candidate

great info on here!
Old 06-20-14, 01:23 AM
BertDeclan
Driver School Candidate

Default Finally Replaced the Whole Front End (Too!)

It appears we did the same 'Whole Front End' replacement w/ all MOOG parts (except for the Raytheon UCA's) and ALL of my clunks and bangs are GONE! We only replaced the #2 LCA (L&R) bushings, instead of the entire arms. Also replaced the brake caliper shim clips. That eliminated the forward/back, at less than 2mph, clicks I had EVERY TIME that I pulled in/out of parking spaces. One loud clunk I had remained, AFTER the new front end and alignment was completed. It was FINALLY found by my Glendale mechanic while checking my wheel bearings, and it appears that my left front rotor had worked loose just enough to oblong the bolt holes ever so slightly, but apparently enough to make a LOUD CLANK, every time I stopped. Forward AND backwards. It took 3 different mechanics looking for this sound over 6 months, before anyone found it! Couldn't find it just doing visuals, as the movement wasn't enough to see a gap behind the Bolt heads. Needless to say, My front end feels/SOUNDS brand new again. My mechanic said I would have probably had a lower suspension failure if I had hit anything significant in the near future. Coulda' been another 'Ball Joint Mishap Member' had it not been for all the good info in this forum. So, Thanx to All!
Old 06-20-14, 03:00 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

DNAARISTO, after having the MOOG UCA's on for the better part of 5-6 months, how are you liking them?
Old 06-21-14, 12:30 PM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we would like to know, thanks!!!
Old 06-22-14, 08:07 AM
Titten
Driver

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
DNAARISTO, after having the MOOG UCA's on for the better part of 5-6 months, how are you liking them?
Yes, I'd like to know, too. Thx.
Old 06-22-14, 09:06 AM
DNAARISTO
Rookie

They are great. Excellent quality. I just put my Megan Coilovers on last week, and I double checked the upper ball joints, and they are still as tight as when I bought them. Same for the tie rods, they are still hard to move with your bare hand. That's a good sign. The boots are still good on all of the parts as well. I do need to regrease them. Not because I am having problems, but because I think it's time to refill them with grease. All in all I'm satisfied with all the parts that I replaced.
Old 06-22-14, 05:44 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DNAARISTO
They are great. Excellent quality. I just put my Megan Coilovers on last week, and I double checked the upper ball joints, and they are still as tight as when I bought them. Same for the tie rods, they are still hard to move with your bare hand. That's a good sign. The boots are still good on all of the parts as well. I do need to regrease them. Not because I am having problems, but because I think it's time to refill them with grease. All in all I'm satisfied with all the parts that I replaced.
So I guess anyone who said that the MOOG UCAs starting with "RK" are bad quality have no clue what the hell they're talking about... thanks for the 6-month review DNAARISTO.
Old 07-09-14, 01:07 AM
DOPEPICS
Rookie

Def gonna do this before I have issues
Old 07-13-14, 06:14 PM
DNAARISTO
Rookie

So I guess anyone who said that the MOOG UCAs starting with "RK" are bad quality have no clue what the hell they're talking about... thanks for the 6-month review DNAARISTO.
No Problem. Just trying to do my part for the community.
Old 07-17-14, 08:06 AM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you remember how much you spent for the parts? I'm trying to see the price of these around the ballpark. Thanks for the write up.
Old 07-21-14, 03:53 PM
DNAARISTO
Rookie

Originally Posted by armanitran
Do you remember how much you spent for the parts? I'm trying to see the price of these around the ballpark. Thanks for the write up.
About $550, and your welcome.
Old 07-25-14, 08:01 AM
maxx430
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Curious to know why your inner tie rod was bent. I hardly seen any inner tie rod damage.
Old 07-28-14, 03:46 PM
DNAARISTO
Rookie

Originally Posted by maxx430
Curious to know why your inner tie rod was bent. I hardly seen any inner tie rod damage.
Don't really know, but when I bought the car it was lowered improperly on trash springs and stock shocks. So I'm sure the excessive bouncing along with the poor ride quality had something to do with it.

Quick Reply: FinallyReplaced the Whole Front End