Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

P2M Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-20, 07:09 PM
allan96sc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P2M Questions

Has anyone ever tried P2M suspension on their SC? Looking at their parts and not sure if I wanna pull the trigger. Not a track car. Daily driver that’s just low. Looking to fix my camber and toe.
Old 05-14-20, 10:50 AM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 117 Posts

Just in case you don't know, the P2M and Japspeed are the same arms made in China. It's just P2M is the American division and Japspeed is the UK/Europe division. There are rumors that they are just the infamous TCSportline control arms just painted another color.

I don't have them on my car, but I have a friend who had Japspeed rear uppers on his 1st gen GS300 and he had 3 sets snap at the welds on him. They kept sending him free replacements but after the 3rd set broke he demanded all his money back and ended up buying Ikeya rear uppers.
He built his car as a weekend drifter that he occasionally drove daily. He never had catastrophic failure when the arms broke; it's not like it happened while he was drifting or driving on the highway. He said the first and 3rd time the arms broke as he was driving up his driveway. The 2nd time happened as he turned off the main road into his work's drive.
He's had those Ikeyas on his car for a little over 2 years now. I know people have told me "but that's a GS300 not SC" but people seem to forget that the JZS147 JZZ30 and JZA80 all use the exact same rear upper arm.

I can vouch for the quality of the Ikeya Forumla arms. I've had the complete set on my SC since fall 2012. Only T.Demand, Figs, BattleVersion and Serial9 have the same level of quality.

If you're just trying to correct some issues without spending thousands, I would recommend getting the Megan Racing arms. Those seem to be the best bang for the buck. They've improved alot in quality over the years. Not the same level as Figs or Ikeya, but for a daily SC that you might not keep longer than 3 years they're enough.
If you need arms that Megan doesn't sell, I highly suggest shopping the brands I listed above for what you need to finish off your suspension issues
The following users liked this post:
SC_coupe (04-08-21)
Old 05-14-20, 08:10 PM
allan96sc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I was planning on getting Megan but as of the covid issue, most sites have delayed me for months to a year. Guess I’ll just have to wait it out. Appreciate the input 👍
Old 04-07-21, 10:50 AM
Zymol75
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered the full set of six Rear Links from Megan, and all 4 points Aluminum Subframe Inserts and Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms from BattleVersion for my SC4. Really not the worst pricing and all seem to be high quality in the images. Ill post pics and details here. Or rather, a link to a new thread on the build of the rear subframe setup.
The following users liked this post:
SC_coupe (04-08-21)