Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan Front Upper Camber kit question..

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-14, 10:38 PM
AZGHOST
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Megan Front Upper Camber kit question..

So I ordered my Megan UCAs and they came in today and was wondering if anyone has installed them personally. If so, how easy is it and is there a DIY thread on here about it? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-03-14, 11:15 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZGHOST
So I ordered my Megan UCAs and they came in today and was wondering if anyone has installed them personally. If so, how easy is it and is there a DIY thread on here about it? Thanks in advance for any help.
Just installed mine, I also installed BC BR coilovers at the same time so putting them on when the shocks are off is much eaiser, you also need a ball joint seperator. Here are a few pics. There isn't much room at the top with the shock in. Also I put mine on like they came from the maker and there seemed to be positive camber. I have moved them 3 times and still haven't got the - camber I want yet. I would adjust them so the ball joint is flush with the end of the arm, you'll see what I mean, just loosen the allen bolts and push the ball till the edge is flush with the arm.
Attached Thumbnails Megan Front Upper Camber kit question..-lowered-car-002-800x531-.jpg   Megan Front Upper Camber kit question..-lowered-car-003-800x531-.jpg   Megan Front Upper Camber kit question..-lowered-car-012-800x531-.jpg   Megan Front Upper Camber kit question..-001-800x531-.jpg  
Old 01-03-14, 11:18 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

I also used the stock nut and clip on the ball joint end as the nut has a nice built in washer and the clip is also nice if you don't bend it. I got the ball joint seperator at autozone, they rent tools, it is the larger one of the two they rent. Also get a 5mm allen socket on a 1/4 inch drive and you make life alot eaiser adjusting it.

Last edited by jgr7; 01-03-14 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-03-14, 11:32 PM
AZGHOST
Driver

THank you so much for the help.. A buddy and I will be tackling this tomorrow or so... Will come back to this thread for reference.
Old 01-04-14, 07:23 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Also the torques are 36 ft lb for the top bolts and 64 ft lb for the lower.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ere-first.html
Old 01-04-14, 11:07 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

No need for the ball joint separator; just remove the securing clip and loosen the nut until the nut is flush with that of the ball joint bolt. Then hammer on the end there with a 5lb BFH. But besides that, it's really a bolt-off/bolt-on affair. A ratcheting 12mm/14mm wrench (I forget which size that bolt is) will be your best friend with this project too.

GL!
Old 01-04-14, 01:05 PM
AZGHOST
Driver

Originally Posted by Gville350
No need for the ball joint separator; just remove the securing clip and loosen the nut until the nut is flush with that of the ball joint bolt. Then hammer on the end there with a 5lb BFH. But besides that, it's really a bolt-off/bolt-on affair. A ratcheting 12mm/14mm wrench (I forget which size that bolt is) will be your best friend with this project too.

GL!
Thank you sir!
Old 01-05-14, 08:49 PM
AZGHOST
Driver

So we ended up doing this today and ended up turning a job that was supposed to take 2 hours max into an 8 hour job for being unequipped... lol
Old 01-06-14, 06:49 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

So what happened? Any pics?
Old 01-06-14, 07:48 AM
AZGHOST
Driver

I didn't take any pics but here's what happened. Everything started off fine at first with taking off the wheels wheels. Both wheels off, both sides are supported and so we start taking off the Driver side UCA... Problem was we took off the UCA from the body first which in my opinion was not good. So it's off but still connected to the (knuckle?) We take off the cotter pin and crown nut And we try to separate the two but for everything in the world it does not come off.. I was pretty sure u could hit the bolt upwards and it would just come out but it didnt. So I'm say to my friend "Let's go to auto zone and rent a ball joint separator" we leave and come back and try to use it but it's not coming out....and this point we are tearing up the stock bushing pretty bad... so we are like wtf is wrong with this. .. should have been way easier... so we go back to auto zone and end up renting this spindle thingy... doesn't work either... just about ready to give up. . We try the other side... But this time we SUPPORT the whole wheel hub and UCA buy jacking it some to help support it... and we started by undoing the cotter pin and crown nut... then I decide I would just try to happen that bolt out... and up it pops out like nothing and there you have it.. didn't need any special tools... Just a hammer to get it separated...
Old 01-06-14, 01:12 PM
Gville350

^I guess I should have been more specific to NOT remove the upper UCA bolts first. LOL!

What is also key is having a 5lb BFH to hammer that ball joint out. Two whacks for me did either side.
Old 01-06-14, 01:14 PM
AZGHOST
Driver

Originally Posted by Gville350
^I guess I should have been more specific to NOT remove the upper UCA bolts first. LOL!

What is also key is having a 5lb BFH to hammer that ball joint out. Two whacks for me did either side.
Lol that's exactly how I got it off too... but yeah lesson learned. Thanks again
Old 01-08-14, 10:18 AM
static250
Driver

Does anyone know exactly how much adjustment these have?
Old 01-08-14, 11:52 AM
AZGHOST
Driver

I think around 2-3 degrees or so... not sure
Old 01-08-14, 12:18 PM
Gville350

From memory, I believe it was mentioned to be 2.5 degress. Previously the SPC ball joints only could allow for 1.5 degrees.

Quick Reply: Megan Front Upper Camber kit question..