Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

BC BR damper adjustment and squeak/klunk

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-13, 09:03 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC BR damper adjustment and squeak/klunk

I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for. When adjusting do you lift the **** before turning or just turn? I get that you go all the way hard first than turn to where you want. Also have a squeak and small klunk in the pass side rear. I will be getting it off the ground tomorrow to check everything. Any ideas from you guys? Also have to go back to tire shop, some weights are coming off the drivers side rear. Tried to hide them on the spoke but it looks like they will have to be on the barrel.
TIA
Old 12-30-13, 11:59 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

There should not be any need to lift the **** to adjust it. The way you adjust it is fine.

The squeak might be the upper mounts; maybe some silicon lube might help. I only hear mine squeak while driving very slowly with no music on; once driving and music bump'n, I don't hear it any more. My squeak is due to having pillowball uppoer mounts though, which are known for being "loud".

The clunk probably is coming from the fact that the pre-load was not set on the coilovers during installation.
Old 12-31-13, 09:05 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
There should not be any need to lift the **** to adjust it. The way you adjust it is fine.

The squeak might be the upper mounts; maybe some silicon lube might help. I only hear mine squeak while driving very slowly with no music on; once driving and music bump'n, I don't hear it any more. My squeak is due to having pillowball uppoer mounts though, which are known for being "loud".

The clunk probably is coming from the fact that the pre-load was not set on the coilovers during installation.
Found my squeak and clunk, the lower bolt on the sway bar link where it bolts to the lower control arm was not tight. Also sprayed a little dry silicone spary in a few things
Old 01-01-14, 04:19 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Well that was too easy. LOL! Glad it was a simple fix.