Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Creaky Front End after replacing everything - Problem found today!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-13, 04:30 PM
JZS161NZ1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creaky Front End after replacing everything - Problem found today!

Hey guys, just spent the last hour at the suspension shop with the mechanic on my JZS161 trying to isolate the creaking sound coming from my front drivers suspension. The background is ive replaced everything LOL, and sometime shortly after the creaking started. It was ************ loud and extremely annoying!!

Below is link to my initial thread outlining what happened in more detail

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...sion-woes.html

What it turned out to be was both the NEW upper and lower control arms had noisy bushes. The mechanic took out the UCA and greased all the bushes, as well as greasing the new TRD LCA #1 bush. He also mentioned that he has had quite a few Toyota Hi-Ace vans come back with the exact same creaking sound after installing new UCA's. It usually starts after a few hundred kilometres and he said once they get regreased they seem to be fine after that.

Ive spent a ****load of time researching this stuff as im sure a lot of other members have with these cars after reading the same story over and over again on here. I also had the 4x17mm bolts tightened that connect the crossmember to the chassis, they had ALOT of movement in them too im guessing they haven't been touched since factory.

So make sure they grease the **** out of any new suspension parts peeps are fitting to their cars, its such a simple thing and yet the cause of a lot of headaches for us GS300/Aristo owners.

I really hope this may help some people out there who STILL have this terrible creaking problem, after replacing their entire front ends.

peace

Last edited by JZS161NZ1; 12-01-13 at 04:33 PM.