Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

TSB - RECALL on Brakes

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-13, 08:53 PM   #16
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.
Trader Score: (9)
 
RTIS250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lexus
Posts: 2,946
RTornio RTornio RTornio RTornio
Send a message via AIM to RTIS250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB5674 View Post
As for the moderator. This is a forum. You are not the end all be all, nor do you possess the experiences of others. I'd suggest refraining from speaking to situations that you don't know about.
Senior moderator, get it right. Trust me, i know absolutely nothing when it comes to Lexus vehicles...

For those who are interested though, here are the part numbers for front brake pads...

IS350 FSport: 04465-30500
IS350 Non-FSport: 04465-30470

IS250 FSport: 04465-53040
IS250 Non-FSport: 04465-30480
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
Current Rides:
2014 Lexus GS350 FSport
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7 TRD 4x4
2010 Toyota Sienna Limited
2000 Honda Civic Si

RTIS250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13, 10:08 PM   #17
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTIS250 View Post
For those who are interested though, here are the part numbers for front brake pads...

IS350 FSport: 04465-30500
IS350 Non-FSport: 04465-30470
So the F Sport brake pads are less expensive than the non-F Sport ones?

I'd think opposite...
dbs600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 11:10 AM   #18
dojoman
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)
 
dojoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California
Posts: 2,321
Default

Thanks RTIS250 for checking the part. I bought 04465-30470 and will keep it posted after install.
dojoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 01:09 PM   #19
bucanero
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 293
ForeverIrise cesar_cervantes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
So the F Sport brake pads are less expensive than the non-F Sport ones?

I'd think opposite...
Where did you get the pricing on them? So, we buy, and replace the old pads with other Lexus pads because these F Sport pads are too noisy and leave too much brake dust... Lexus won't replace them for free because of this issue?
bucanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 01:34 PM   #20
dojoman
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)
 
dojoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California
Posts: 2,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucanero View Post
Where did you get the pricing on them? So, we buy, and replace the old pads with other Lexus pads because these F Sport pads are too noisy and leave too much brake dust... Lexus won't replace them for free because of this issue?
The brakes are not noisy it just leaves too much brake dust. Lexus already said F-sport pads will produce more brake dust and really not their fault.
dojoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 03:12 PM   #21
bucanero
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 293
ForeverIrise cesar_cervantes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojoman View Post
The brakes are not noisy it just leaves too much brake dust. Lexus already said F-sport pads will produce more brake dust and really not their fault.
How much will the pads and installation run approx? Would getting other after market pads be better?
bucanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 03:17 PM   #22
bucanero
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 293
ForeverIrise cesar_cervantes
Default

EBC Ultimax or Redstuff a better option?
bucanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 03:22 PM   #23
dojoman
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)
 
dojoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California
Posts: 2,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucanero View Post
How much will the pads and installation run approx? Would getting other after market pads be better?
i got the pads for $60 and installation is about an hour. You can DIY, looks easy but I'm lazy and prone to break things so I'll let the shop take care of it.
dojoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 03:35 PM   #24
bucanero
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 293
ForeverIrise cesar_cervantes
Default

I figure, if I am going to change them out, might as well be an upgrade. EBC ceramic pads would be my first option.
bucanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 10:07 AM   #25
dojoman
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)
 
dojoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California
Posts: 2,321
Default

Just switched out the pads to non-Fsport over the weekend. So far so good but I only had 4k miles and already had to resurface the rotors. There were already grooves on them. F-sport pads are really bad, brake dust had already burned the rotors.
dojoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 11:18 AM   #26
JB5674
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTIS250 View Post
Senior moderator, get it right. Trust me, i know absolutely nothing when it comes to Lexus vehicles...

For those who are interested though, here are the part numbers for front brake pads...

IS350 FSport: 04465-30500
IS350 Non-FSport: 04465-30470

IS250 FSport: 04465-53040
IS250 Non-FSport: 04465-30480
So, I owe RTiS250 an apology. My service writer is a rah-tard. He misinformed me, as I found out my brake pad cracked. ( a hairline crack ) and they ( Lexus ) are replacing the front brakes with new fsport pads. While no TSB, it was a unique scenerio
JB5674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-13, 09:13 AM   #27
aTeAse
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 489
Default

Off topic:
I have found very unique criss crossed scratches on the surface of my rear rotors, ''which I thought is suppose to have a clean 'straight' streaks. Just like the fronts.

Is this normal for the rotors?? It really doesn't seem like it
aTeAse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-13, 02:14 PM   #28
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.
Trader Score: (9)
 
RTIS250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lexus
Posts: 2,946
RTornio RTornio RTornio RTornio
Send a message via AIM to RTIS250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTeAse View Post
Off topic:
I have found very unique criss crossed scratches on the surface of my rear rotors, ''which I thought is suppose to have a clean 'straight' streaks. Just like the fronts.

Is this normal for the rotors?? It really doesn't seem like it
All rotors come with a cross-hatched pattern on the surface, the fronts just usually wear off quicker. This aids in the bedding in of the pads to the rotors without creating a directional pattern... and reduces noise..

So yes, its normal.
__________________
Current Rides:
2014 Lexus GS350 FSport
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7 TRD 4x4
2010 Toyota Sienna Limited
2000 Honda Civic Si

RTIS250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-13, 02:54 PM   #29
doodlebug
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
doodlebug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 128
Default

Will the brake dust lessen over time or should I expect this much dust for the life of the pads?
doodlebug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-13, 03:03 PM   #30
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.
Trader Score: (9)
 
RTIS250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lexus
Posts: 2,946
RTornio RTornio RTornio RTornio
Send a message via AIM to RTIS250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Will the brake dust lessen over time or should I expect this much dust for the life of the pads?
Its the nature of the high performance pads that come with the FSport package.. reduced pad life, and increased dust/noise. Just the nature of the beast.
__________________
Current Rides:
2014 Lexus GS350 FSport
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7 TRD 4x4
2010 Toyota Sienna Limited
2000 Honda Civic Si

RTIS250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-13, 03:03 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2007, 2014, 250, brake, dust, is350, lexus, sport, squeal, tsb

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brembo brakes Rayh78 LS460, LS460L and LS600h 4 09-11-14 06:50 AM
Anyone with 13' GS350 F-Sport AWD version get brake pads replaced due to squeak? Rexus300 GS - Fourth Generation 4 05-29-14 03:09 PM
TSIB / TSB List RamshakleZ IS - Second Generation 12 04-18-14 07:02 PM
TSB's done? Gigggdy GS - Third Generation 4 02-02-14 12:35 PM
Brake noise.....Should I get new brake pads? SNiiP3R GS - Fourth Generation 9 01-21-14 04:44 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info