Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Front Upper Control Arm Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-14, 10:55 PM
gtsfire
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
How are you making out with your suspension? any updates?
You were really going through it for a minute. Thanks for posting as it helps us all big time.

I just ordered upper control arms (Doorman as well). Do you have any tips/advise for me to give my mechanic for installation so we can get it right the first time?

I was also hoping to also have my Daizen poly bushings pressed in to the new UCA's before installation if that is advisable.

Hope you are all sorted out!

Thank You!
Since my last post in this thread I have ditched the 18" wheels in favor of some factory 16x7" wheels. I put new tires on them and the car rides and drives so much better. I will be putting the original Lexus springs back on the rear of the car eventually also. I'd like more of the luxury ride this car is supposed to have back. I STILL have that *****ing tremor in the front end at speeds over 65 mph. It's not wheel balance either and it doesn't always do it, but most of the time it does. It pisses me off so bad that I seriously consider selling it sometimes. I still believe the problem may be in the rack n pinion. It's has some play in it once you get above a certain speed. Now mind you this was a new (reman'd) rack. I did not however, pull the evo sensor and clean the filter so I'm hoping that is the problem. If not it's still under warranty.
Old 07-16-14, 07:49 PM
acacg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gtsfire
Since my last post in this thread I have ditched the 18" wheels in favor of some factory 16x7" wheels. I put new tires on them and the car rides and drives so much better. I will be putting the original Lexus springs back on the rear of the car eventually also. I'd like more of the luxury ride this car is supposed to have back. I STILL have that *****ing tremor in the front end at speeds over 65 mph. It's not wheel balance either and it doesn't always do it, but most of the time it does. It pisses me off so bad that I seriously consider selling it sometimes. I still believe the problem may be in the rack n pinion. It's has some play in it once you get above a certain speed. Now mind you this was a new (reman'd) rack. I did not however, pull the evo sensor and clean the filter so I'm hoping that is the problem. If not it's still under warranty.
any luck yet?
Old 07-21-14, 08:10 AM
gtsfire
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by acacg

any luck yet?
No. It's summer in Texas which makes working on the car not fun. Also I've been focusing on my supra a little more. I needed a break from the Lexus issue.