Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

For those of you with Daizen sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-13, 03:47 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default For those of you with Daizen sway bars

I just had these installed and have a quick question. There are 2 holes on the outer ends of these sways; I guess for adjustment purposes. What do these adjustments do and which setting is typically used for our cars?

Thanks
Old 10-15-13, 04:06 PM
Sampak
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
I just had these installed and have a quick question. There are 2 holes on the outer ends of these sways; I guess for adjustment purposes. What do these adjustments do and which setting is typically used for our cars?

Thanks
I don't own one but generally the outter hole will give you a softer 'stiffness' setting while the inner hole closer to the bar will stiffen the cornering ability -- the stiffer the setting, the more it is going to stress the swaybar itself (since you're twisting it a lot more under hard turns), end-links and related components unless you are using beefier end-links and bushings. If the sway bar is designed for our car specifically, then start at the safer point and go from there!
Old 10-15-13, 07:33 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Sampak
I don't own one but generally the outter hole will give you a softer 'stiffness' setting while the inner hole closer to the bar will stiffen the cornering ability -- the stiffer the setting, the more it is going to stress the swaybar itself (since you're twisting it a lot more under hard turns), end-links and related components unless you are using beefier end-links and bushings. If the sway bar is designed for our car specifically, then start at the safer point and go from there!
Thank you Sampak. I did some research online today and found this info out as well. My car is currently in the middle setting out of the 3 adjustment holes so I'll just leave it like that for now. It rides nice!
Old 10-15-13, 09:10 PM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this for the rear sway bar? there should be 3 holes for the rear end links to go into. middle is normal, the inner or outer would be more understeer, and or more oversteer feel, if i remember correctly. it was in the instructions. the front sway bar has no adjustment, its just thicker and poly bushings