Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Camber kits?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-13, 12:43 PM
CrispyST3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber kits?

Anyone know of any good camber kits for our cars?

just lowered my baby and the camber is a little too negative for my taste haha. Any info would help thanks guys
Old 10-06-13, 06:38 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Google much? Or the CL search function...Its been covered on who makes what
Old 10-06-13, 07:11 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

lol that's all the info your gonna get here now^^^

Members that try to score points by doing the moderators job, telling you to 'search'

They have completely disrupted the flow of knowledge, and are killing the site IMO.

God forbid someone wants some up to date information, or has a few questions that weren't answered in the other threads.

As for your question, Battle version is by far the most popular, I hear that name all the time, and there is cheap brand on e bay, I forget the name, apparently they are good for the price.

I think what you need is a camber correction kit, Since your saying its too negative.
Old 10-07-13, 06:46 AM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ im with you on this one, I know everything been talked about but if everyone just used the search button, this site would be all outdated
Old 10-07-13, 08:58 AM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Before I would consider the adjustable upper control arms from Battle Version, but I guess they don't make it anymore. If its the rear camber then you can still get some Megan rear toe arms
Old 10-07-13, 09:54 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

Megan Racing makes rear traction and rear toe arms if that helps.

About the searching thing, most people can't find the proper information they need. For example, if you were to type in "camber" in the big search bar you would be spending all day looking for answers and you wouldn't get anything accomplished. The proper way to search is to click on ADVANCED SEARCH and click the TITLE ONLY option. That will get the results you are looking for on most forums but 90% of people don't know that and there isn't a tutorial about it.
Old 10-07-13, 01:20 PM
CrispyST3
Driver

Thanks guys. Its pretty funny how i was fully prepared for that post, "use the search bar" but sometimes you want to hear from people who have had experience using them. That wau i get feedback on the brand/product before i actually go and spend my money on a kit.
Old 10-07-13, 09:38 PM
scott101
Pole Position

just to make sure, you tried the oem camber adjustment first right?
make sure thats maxed out positive before you buy some arms
also how much did you lower it?
Old 10-09-13, 11:14 PM
CrispyST3
Driver

You can do that? Lol i didnt know that. Ill check it out first then. Any ideas on where i can find a diy on how to adjust the camber?
Old 10-10-13, 06:03 AM
Answer300
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

You can do it easily. There are dial indentations on the plate. Make sure the car is lifted and there is no stress on the suspension. Once you start to move left or right, you will see the camber move. Make sure you use your strong hand cuz they get rusted.
Old 10-10-13, 01:29 PM
SCstone
Pole Position

i'd say the whole search thing is situational. sure wanna reach through the monitor sometimes..

get an alignment and tell the tech what you want... important to understand more about alignment and how all the parts work together then to just down and out, tuck and stance. I like how you think you have too much negitive camber, most yahoo's think they dont have enough. which in most cases is bad for your car/tires especially on a stock setup.

I have and use a Fasttrax system from Eastwood($200~) with toe adapter($100~) hooks up to 13-18" wheels and uses a level gauge for caster and camber. its pricey but i've done countless alignments with it, infact i'll be using it again soon on my SC after i swap out CA bushings. seince ive owned it it's paid for itself. it just takes awhile to do all 4 wheels. one of my favorite tools.

for caster you attatch it to the wheel and turn the wheel from center outward 15 degrees, set guage to 0 then go inward 15 degrees and make necessary adjustments. (I had to make a rotating plate with 360 degree marks on it that the wheel being aligned sits on. which is not supplied by the kit.. I'm sure theres an easier way but its what i came up with...)

for camber you need a level surface set the tool on the ground next to wheel and level out the gauge. attach to wheel and make necessary adjustments.

for toe you need the extra toe attachment. it attaches to bottom of the main unit. you also need a really straight and level piece of wood or square tubing or whatever but it has to be straight and just a few inches longer than the diameter of the tire. if its a 16" tire use 18" tube. and 2 tape measures.

using the center position used for caster make sure wheel is center straight. lay tube on ground as level as you can along the face of the tire.
attach tool to wheel and extend the toe arms. use a tape measure and attatch to tip of toe arms even with outside of tire and measure distance and make refrence point on the tube. now measure the otherside of the tire. and make a refrence point on the tube. the difference between the measurements is your toe.

heres a pic of the tool witout toe attachment. I'll try to post some pics the next time I use it.

Old 10-14-13, 10:47 AM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCstone
i'd say the whole search thing is situational. sure wanna reach through the monitor sometimes..

get an alignment and tell the tech what you want... important to understand more about alignment and how all the parts work together then to just down and out, tuck and stance. I like how you think you have too much negitive camber, most yahoo's think they dont have enough. which in most cases is bad for your car/tires especially on a stock setup.

I have and use a Fasttrax system from Eastwood($200~) with toe adapter($100~) hooks up to 13-18" wheels and uses a level gauge for caster and camber. its pricey but i've done countless alignments with it, infact i'll be using it again soon on my SC after i swap out CA bushings. seince ive owned it it's paid for itself. it just takes awhile to do all 4 wheels. one of my favorite tools.

for caster you attatch it to the wheel and turn the wheel from center outward 15 degrees, set guage to 0 then go inward 15 degrees and make necessary adjustments. (I had to make a rotating plate with 360 degree marks on it that the wheel being aligned sits on. which is not supplied by the kit.. I'm sure theres an easier way but its what i came up with...)

for camber you need a level surface set the tool on the ground next to wheel and level out the gauge. attach to wheel and make necessary adjustments.

for toe you need the extra toe attachment. it attaches to bottom of the main unit. you also need a really straight and level piece of wood or square tubing or whatever but it has to be straight and just a few inches longer than the diameter of the tire. if its a 16" tire use 18" tube. and 2 tape measures.

using the center position used for caster make sure wheel is center straight. lay tube on ground as level as you can along the face of the tire.
attach tool to wheel and extend the toe arms. use a tape measure and attatch to tip of toe arms even with outside of tire and measure distance and make refrence point on the tube. now measure the otherside of the tire. and make a refrence point on the tube. the difference between the measurements is your toe.

heres a pic of the tool witout toe attachment. I'll try to post some pics the next time I use it.

Awesome post! And OP, Im surprised your needing a camber kit. Im slammed and it spec's in fine.

It sure is tiring to see the same posts, but with the same effort it takes our crusty old vets to cry "search omg" a simple re direction or informative response could be given as it was above

and thats why the crusty old trolls get blocked

Last edited by sj408; 10-14-13 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-29-13, 07:02 PM
CrispyST3
Driver

you mentioned caster adjustment, we can do that as well for our cars? If so then i'm sure that would help alot for our turning radius right? haha