Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brakes and Calipers what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-13, 08:20 AM
xshurikx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes and Calipers what to do?

I need some help, my 93 sc300 is having some issues

my brakes are wearing out so i read some revies spoke to some people and bought myself a set of brakes and rotors

R1Concepts premium slotted for the front $163
R1Concepts E-line slotted for the rear $100
Posi-Quite Extended wear pads all around $46/$38 (front/rear)

My issue is that my front left wheel is not moving as freely as my right. I had it up on the lift during an oil change and you can easily spin my right wheel and have to force the left one to move
what could be the issue? mechanic said possible calipper is getting stuck and might need a new one
Could it be just some thing i can clean to get it going or will i really need a new caliper?

second issue is during hard braking or generally any thing more than just touching the pedal the car does a slight jerk to the right as if the left brakes need an extra second to kick in and then it corrects itself, again the mechanic said because of the left front caliper sticking it might not be working as fast causing the jerk to the right.
Any thoughts?

just as general info my lower control arm bushing are not in great shape but they work. I only get noises when reversing and braking a bumping sound. not sure if the bushings can be the cause of the issue. also my brake fluid probably needs to be changed it is pretty dark.

Any help on this would be great as i will be changing the pads and rotors hoping to fix or change the caliper as needed right away so i can fix one more overall problem.