Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Front upper and lower bushing kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-13, 12:19 PM
LomoFire
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front upper and lower bushing kit

Hello everyone yes i'm knew, I am looking for a front upper and lower bushing kit for my car, I ran a search but have only found a few that were for sale on the classifieds section that are purchased now or DIY installations, I also checked the vendors thread but am sorta lost.

I can get the rear local for $600 thats for the arm as well is this a good deal?

and don't worry i'm not installing them myself just helping my dad and his mechanic friend out.
Old 09-26-13, 12:47 PM
SCstone
Pole Position

you only need to change the arms if the balljoints are bad or the arm is in really bad condition.
what year is the car and what milage?

I reccomend getting Polyurathane Bushings. especially in the front because thats where most fluid leaks are.
the best is Daizen by TM engineering but can be a little difficult to get. I myself use Prothane which are alot easier to aquire. you can find them on ebay. just search "SC300 bushing" they have a kit that has both front and rear upper and lower control arm and sway bar bushings for under $200. then all you would need are the steering rack bushings and you're pretty much set as far as suspension bushings go.

heres a pic of the Front Upper and Lower Control Arm Bushings by Prothane.

Old 09-26-13, 01:01 PM
LomoFire
Driver School Candidate

Oh thank God! I don't need the control arm but locally you can only purchase the bushings with a control arm phew I will do some looking online, thank you for the picture I believe I saw some Polyurathane Bushings on ebay.

It is a 95 SC400 with around 200,000 miles on it.

thank you again so much for your help this will save my dad and me hundreds of dollars.

Also quick question should I look for "A Frame Bushings" or just bushings? Reason I ask is that is what our mechanic called them. I know next to nothing about cars (I build computers) I mostly know how to change a tire, check my oil and water but i'm a girl never really needed to learn but want to
Old 09-26-13, 01:08 PM
SCstone
Pole Position

yeah with that milage if the bushings havn't been changed yet theres no doubt they do now.

yes I know it will. good thing you asked. the prices for NEW arms are a joke. get the kit i mentioned earler that has all the CA and Sway bar bushings. and you're good to go. you're goanna have to get the steering rack and diff bushings seperate. but in the long run your car will thank you. =)

I also reccoment not using OEM bushings because they will just get destroyed all over again.

Last edited by SCstone; 09-26-13 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-26-13, 01:12 PM
LomoFire
Driver School Candidate

Thank you so so much I am looking for the kit right now
Old 09-26-13, 01:18 PM
SCstone
Pole Position

don't celebrate just yet. they still need to take the contol arms off and check the balljoints. hope there isn't alot of play when they wiggle the joint, and the boot needs to be intact with no tears to keep the grease in and dirt out.

I totaly missed the "A-Frame" question.

he could be talking about 2 things when he says "A-Frame" and thats either the upper contol arms or the subframe. but chances are this was all during his diagnostic.
if he's talking about your contol arms then you're okay becuase we've worked out contol arms already. most likly this is what he's talking about.
if he's talking about your subframe, the subframe has bushings too. but I wouldn't worry about these just yet.

no probs glad to help out a fellow Texan/SC owner =) feel free to ask questions.

Last edited by SCstone; 09-26-13 at 01:46 PM. Reason: a-frame question
Old 09-26-13, 04:13 PM
LomoFire
Driver School Candidate

well shoot I will hold off on ordering until I find out.
Old 09-26-13, 04:58 PM
SCstone
Pole Position

you still need the bushings. don't hold off on it. if you have money to get them. esp if your car is at 200k mi.
I'm saying getting the bushings is only half the battle. the condition of your balljoints are unknown.
Old 09-30-13, 05:48 AM
LomoFire
Driver School Candidate

Thank you SCstone, I ordered the bushing kit last night along with my steering rack bushings. My dad and his mechanic friend looked the car over and told me the bushings should work fine so cross your fingers and thanks again