Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
Old 12-12-14, 03:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

RS*R Down Lowering Springs vs Super Down

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-16, 09:28 PM
asiandavid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does anyone have pics wirhy super downs with a front lip i want to see how low itll be with a font lip/splitter
Old 03-26-16, 03:55 AM
Chump408
Driver School Candidate

On the superdowns you may want to get a cheap lip. I have a steep driveway so I scrape every time I exit. But if you don't, you may be okay. But here's mine dropped on superdown with a cheap eBay lip

Old 03-26-16, 01:07 PM
asiandavid
Driver

Originally Posted by Chump408
On the superdowns you may want to get a cheap lip. I have a steep driveway so I scrape every time I exit. But if you don't, you may be okay. But here's mine dropped on superdown with a cheap eBay lip

Your side shot is perfect the light helps show the drop and with the lip look like maybe 1 to 2 inches off the ground lol do you scrap often i was planning on superdowns and aimgain reps of ebay
Old 03-27-16, 12:30 PM
Chump408
Driver School Candidate

I scrape all the time leaving my driveway. Which is why I got a cheap eBay lip. It's already damaged. But other than that I don't scrape too often, I drive pretty safe often when going over speed bumps. Here's a better side shot to give you an idea how low the front is

Old 03-27-16, 12:45 PM
asiandavid
Driver

Wink

I scrape all the time leaving my driveway. Which is why I got a cheap eBay lip. It's already damaged. But other than that I don't scrape too often, I drive pretty safe often when going over speed bumps. Here's a better side shot to give you an idea how low the front is

Tganks for the info and pucs when you say damage is it just scrapes or is it cracked? And if possible can you take a close up of how close the front lip to the ground is?
Old 03-27-16, 12:52 PM
Chump408
Driver School Candidate

Scraped, that's all. I'll snap a photo for you later
Old 04-04-16, 11:54 AM
thang87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ultran00b8
The drop is correct as the car comes with reverse rake from factory. Why RS*R chose to accentuate this, I do not know. But from the specs, you can see that they didn't do much to reduce the factory reverse rake.

Maybe it's to ensure that there will be no rubbing during full lock over bumps?

Stock: 1 Finger rear, 3 finger front (On 19's)
RS*R Down: Flush rear, 1.5 finger front

Just freshly lowered on RS*R Down Springs...

Hi Tran, i currently have a 2016 Red IS350. I really love to have that 19 inches Fsport wheels like yours. Would you please tell me the cost of wheel and installation and also the link to these wheels if you buy it online.
What springs did you use to drop your car ? Is it Fsport or RSR down or super down ?
Thank you!
Old 04-05-16, 04:01 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

How much should I pay for installation? I was quoted 160. Should I negotiate down? It seems pretty expensive
Old 04-05-16, 08:41 PM
Chump408
Driver School Candidate

$160 is the norm. I paid $200 for install of springs, camber kit and spacers

Last edited by Chump408; 04-05-16 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-05-16, 08:46 PM
asiandavid
Driver

Got it drop gesture day for 160 still waiting on spacers and idk if I want to spend more on camber kits yet I wanna see how bad the tires wear down
Old 04-05-16, 08:48 PM
asiandavid
Driver

Chump408 have you rubbed yet with the rear I heard with 20mm in the rear if you pack people or go over dips/bumps it'll rub. If you have how bad was it?
Old 04-05-16, 08:49 PM
Chump408
Driver School Candidate

It rubs only when I have 2 passengers in the rear but it is a slight rub. Other than that when I drive alone I never rub.
Old 04-05-16, 08:51 PM
asiandavid
Driver

It rubs only when I have 2 passengers in the rear but it is a slight rub. Other than that when I drive alone I never rub.
Yeah that's what I was afraid of when I got out with friends they all go in my car lol would i be rubbing as you drive with 2 in the rear or just when dips/bumps
Old 04-09-16, 12:31 PM
Chump408
Driver School Candidate

For those who have the Superdowns installed, I'm sure you all are experiencing the issue with the headlights pointing down after install. I can see only about 10-15 feet in front of me while driving at night. So today I wanted to get that problem fixed. Went to 2 dealerships and 1 refused to work tamper with the headlights because they didn't want to be liable for any mishaps. Dealership 2 said it would cost about $260 to play around with it and not guaranteeing it'll fix the issue because of the sensors possibly trying to readjust itself.

I read through this whole thread again and only on page 6 it mentions a solution but it wasn't too descriptive. Did a search on the forum and came across a few pages but it was for other models so unsure if it applies to the IS. If someone can guide me with either directions of a picture diagram on how to adjust the height, I would greatly appreciate it or chime in with your own experience.
Old 04-09-16, 12:35 PM
asiandavid
Driver

For those who have the Superdowns installed, I'm sure you all are experiencing the issue with the headlights pointing down after install. I can see only about 10-15 feet in front of me while driving at night. So today I wanted to get that problem fixed. Went to 2 dealerships and 1 refused to work tamper with the headlights because they didn't want to be liable for any mishaps. Dealership 2 said it would cost about $260 to play around with it and not guaranteeing it'll fix the issue because of the sensors possibly trying to readjust itself.

I read through this whole thread again and only on page 6 it mentions a solution but it wasn't too descriptive. Did a search on the forum and came across a few pages but it was for other models so unsure if it applies to the IS. If someone can guide me with either directions of a picture diagram on how to adjust the height, I would greatly appreciate it or chime in with your own experience.
Theres a lot of forums on how to adjust the lights all you would need is a Philips screw driver and on the back of the head light there is teeth s that will move as you turn the screwdriver

Quick Reply: RS*R Down Lowering Springs vs Super Down