Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Steering rack bushing HELP ASAP.

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-13, 12:14 AM   #1
Nycgs300
Banned Scammer Created Multiple Accounts
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ny
Posts: 36
Default Steering rack bushing HELP ASAP.

I need to change me steering rack bushings ASAP,I'm just not too sure which set to get.
My options are
Figs-polyurethane
Sewell-polyurathane
Ricochet-polyurathane
Battle version-Aluminum
Or any others....
Im not going to waste time trying to get daizen.If anyone have any reviews about these or any others please let me know.

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Nycgs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 02:40 AM   #2
CodPiece
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
CodPiece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: QLD
Posts: 70
Default

I just ordered this , not delivered yet.

There's also Whiteline but they were out of stock at the place I was looking so I got SuperPro polyurethane - SPF1193-47K (Australian brand).

Can there be much difference between the poly brands?
CodPiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 05:14 AM   #3
porn-adkt
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (37)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 2,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycgs300 View Post
I need to change me steering rack bushings ASAP,I'm just not too sure which set to get.
My options are
Figs-polyurethane
Sewell-polyurathane
Ricochet-polyurathane
Battle version-Aluminum
Or any others....
Im not going to waste time trying to get daizen.If anyone have any reviews about these or any others please let me know.

Thanks
Any one of these.

Figs-polyurethane
Sewell-polyurathane
Ricochet-polyurathane
porn-adkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 06:50 AM   #4
DriftOner
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 32
Default

Just installed battle versions last night. They took out the slop in my wheel without adding any vibrations or harshness. I recommend these as they'll never wear out.
DriftOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 11:32 AM   #5
AVSRacing
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: W
Posts: 441
Default

how do you know if the bushings need replacing?? and how long does it take to do the swap?
AVSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 12:55 PM   #6
Nycgs300
Banned Scammer Created Multiple Accounts
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ny
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSRacing View Post
how do you know if the bushings need replacing?? and how long does it take to do the swap?
I went for an alignment and after that the only way my gs went straight is if i turn the steering slightly to the right,i took it back twice for them to check it and then the mechanic showed me the rack moving 1/4" when he turned the wheel and the rubbers looked dead.
From all the reading I've been doing I think it takes about an hour.

Last edited by Nycgs300; 09-02-13 at 01:06 PM..
Nycgs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 12:58 PM   #7
Nycgs300
Banned Scammer Created Multiple Accounts
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ny
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOner View Post
Just installed battle versions last night. They took out the slop in my wheel without adding any vibrations or harshness. I recommend these as they'll never wear out.
Did you change the bushing that goes around the cylinder?
Nycgs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 01:00 PM   #8
Nycgs300
Banned Scammer Created Multiple Accounts
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ny
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****-adkt View Post
Any one of these.

Figs-polyurethane
Sewell-polyurathane
Ricochet-polyurathane
What do you think about aluminum?
Nycgs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 01:03 PM   #9
DriftOner
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 32
Default

I didn't change that one. The two solid ones should be enough to hold it still.
DriftOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 01:09 PM   #10
Nycgs300
Banned Scammer Created Multiple Accounts
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ny
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOner View Post
I didn't change that one. The two solid ones should be enough to hold it still.
Ok I'm thinking abt getting these...how much did you pay?
Nycgs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 02:30 PM   #11
DriftOner
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 32
Default

Check their website. I think I paid $50 shipped
DriftOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-13, 02:56 PM   #12
Nycgs300
Banned Scammer Created Multiple Accounts
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ny
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOner View Post
Check their website. I think I paid $50 shipped
Battle version website sold out....

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...00rackbush.php

Are these at drift motion the same? There in stock.
Nycgs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 06:51 PM   #13
jjbenzo
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
jjbenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 555
Default

I replaced my steering rack bushings last in January 2012 with whatever Sewell Lexus sold at the time. Not sure if they were OEM Lexus, or polyurethane. My steering is once again very sloppy (like Jello). The dealership said that it is the steering rack bushings, but there is nothing wrong with them. He said I should by aftermarket polyurethane bushings as they will prevent the rack from moving as in the case with the softer OEM parts. This is whats confusing, Im not sure if the tech. realized I have pollyurathane already, or if they are in fact the rubber OEM bushings. Are the OEM bushings still available?I have heard of Daizen and SuperPro around the Supra community, how are they for our GS's? Most important to me is quality.
__________________
14 Maserati Quattroporte
13 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
11 Land Rover Range Rover
02 Lexus GS430
00 Lincoln LS
85 Toyota Celica Supra

Last edited by jjbenzo; 11-16-13 at 07:05 PM..
jjbenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 08:09 PM   #14
clos430
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (17)
 
clos430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So.Cali
Posts: 1,113
clos430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbenzo View Post
I replaced my steering rack bushings last in January 2012 with whatever Sewell Lexus sold at the time. Not sure if they were OEM Lexus, or polyurethane. My steering is once again very sloppy (like Jello). The dealership said that it is the steering rack bushings, but there is nothing wrong with them. He said I should by aftermarket polyurethane bushings as they will prevent the rack from moving as in the case with the softer OEM parts. This is whats confusing, Im not sure if the tech. realized I have pollyurathane already, or if they are in fact the rubber OEM bushings. Are the OEM bushings still available?I have heard of Daizen and SuperPro around the Supra community, how are they for our GS's? Most important to me is quality.
Go with Figs!
http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=215
__________________
clos430 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 08:15 PM   #15
jjbenzo
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
jjbenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clos430 View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. I did check out their website a little while ago. However, I am having a hard time understanding how a solid bushing could work. The point of a bushing is to eliminate vibration in my opinion, and until recently I have never heard of solid steering rack bushings. If you don't mind, could you please let me know the pros and cons of the solid rack bushings? I'm in the dark on this one. It would seem as if you would want something that cushions the rack.
__________________
14 Maserati Quattroporte
13 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
11 Land Rover Range Rover
02 Lexus GS430
00 Lincoln LS
85 Toyota Celica Supra

Last edited by jjbenzo; 11-16-13 at 08:19 PM..
jjbenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 08:15 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
bushings, gs, lexus, rack, steering

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SuperPro Polyurethane Steering Rack Mounting Bush Kit 47 mm or 50 mm ? Sc400NL Suspension and Brakes 2 06-18-14 08:11 AM
My Experience with Steering Shimmy, ADUS 207 Poly Rack Bushings, and Wheel Balancing BayAreaLex Suspension and Brakes 7 04-02-14 10:35 PM
97 ES300 Steering Rack Bushings? NoBullShiz ES300 and ES330 0 05-17-13 04:58 PM
What bushings to buy gittert GS - Second Generation 0 05-03-13 07:46 AM
Steering Rack Bushings richardrx RX - Second Generation 6 12-18-12 03:50 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:39 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info