Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein H-Tech - Looking for reviews...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-13, 01:09 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Tein H-Tech - Looking for reviews...

I'm looking to drop my car 1" next summer (not more than that), after reading a few suspension threads here, I came to realize that most people go with the S-Tech's, I personally don't want to drop my car to that point.

I'm aiming for a 1" drop, hence the H-Tech, but I don't want to lose the comfort. My question are: Does the comfort get affected with the H-Tech springs? Should I be looking for another spring?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
Old 08-17-13, 08:10 PM
Uda880
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think there is another spring aside from the OEM Sport Springs (3/4" drop in front only). H-Techs are a great mix of lowered height + comfort. Rides a bit firmer than stock, but not much less jarring than S-Techs and H&Rs. I think if you're looking for a great compromise between height + comfort + handling, it's a good route to take.

Given the price though, many would say to go lower. Personal preferences really.
Old 08-17-13, 10:38 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Originally Posted by Uda880
I don't think there is another spring aside from the OEM Sport Springs (3/4" drop in front only). H-Techs are a great mix of lowered height + comfort. Rides a bit firmer than stock, but not much less jarring than S-Techs and H&Rs. I think if you're looking for a great compromise between height + comfort + handling, it's a good route to take.

Given the price though, many would say to go lower. Personal preferences really.
Just to confirm, when you mentioned OEM sport spring, you're referring to these:
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2010/1800.html

Thanks for the info, I know going lower would look better, but I don't want to compromise the comfort at the moment.

Last edited by Lex_Giorgio; 08-17-13 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-18-13, 09:23 AM
MarioIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeR
I'm looking to drop my car 1" next summer (not more than that), after reading a few suspension threads here, I came to realize that most people go with the S-Tech's, I personally don't want to drop my car to that point.

I'm aiming for a 1" drop, hence the H-Tech, but I don't want to lose the comfort. My question are: Does the comfort get affected with the H-Tech springs? Should I be looking for another spring?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
From checking lots of reviews why don't you check out swift springs?
Seems like the best route
Old 08-18-13, 10:37 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Sounds like the H-Techs are exactly what you want. I had H-Techs on my DD '95 Civic EX coupe and it rode like stock with that slight hint of a lowered stance. I loved them!
Old 08-19-13, 05:55 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

I'll end up going with F-Sport springs, I saw the photos and the drop is perfect and my dealer will honor the warranty on the car as well. So everything works out just fine.

Thanks again for the help everyone!