Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

ananybody running megan front camber arms?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-13, 02:23 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ananybody running megan front camber arms?

I was really thinking about the megan front camber arms as I am -2 degrees camber in front and with brand new front tires at 521.00 per set I must get the suspension in check before I drive her anymore but was tossing around spc vs megan and the only thing spc has is caster adjustment over the megan so any opinions from people currently running either of these?

I am aware that the ball joint angle if far from ideal since it's not a heim joint but I may beable to fab up a heim joint for the megans in the future for a better angle.
Old 07-03-13, 06:08 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Here is a pic of the megan arms...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGAN-2pc-Fr...f78a72&vxp=mtr
Old 07-05-13, 06:31 AM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

No dice I see, I am going to just buy these and mod them with a heim joint as opposed to a ball joint, Will post pics once they are done.
Old 07-21-13, 10:16 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

any update? Why not just install these right out of the box? Think these are better than SPC
Old 07-22-13, 03:00 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

No updates as of yet I am still trying to figure out which route I want to go and I may just install them out of the box and see but what is throwing me for a loop is the fact SPC re designed theirs and looks to be much stronger however having caster adjustment is a big plus for me as I like to have a nice zero drag alignment on my cars.
Old 07-22-13, 06:40 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by xspsi6
No updates as of yet I am still trying to figure out which route I want to go and I may just install them out of the box and see but what is throwing me for a loop is the fact SPC re designed theirs and looks to be much stronger however having caster adjustment is a big plus for me as I like to have a nice zero drag alignment on my cars.
I would contact SPC to make sure they redesigned them. eBay has 2 different pictures for our cars I believe. the Megan's are a little cheaper.

I myself need to figure out why my tire only worn on the inside ? camber possibly? could I benefit from these?

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 07-22-13, 09:33 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Yes that is exactly what mine is doing which I am lowered on coil overs but not slammed and as my car sits it is -2 degrees in the front which is much more than I like as -1 is about the most you would ever want to go.

Usually a zero friction alignment is as follows...

Camber -0.5
Caster +2.0
toe 0.00

This is just a general starting point you may need to custom adjust to your driving style and what you are looking for the car to do such as slow tire wear,turn in faster and or stick better when cornering etc etc
Old 07-22-13, 09:51 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Yes that is exactly what mine is doing which I am lowered on coil overs but not slammed and as my car sits it is -2 degrees in the front which is much more than I like as -1 is about the most you would ever want to go.

Usually a zero friction alignment is as follows...

Camber -0.5
Caster +2.0
toe 0.00

This is just a general starting point you may need to custom adjust to your driving style and what you are looking for the car to do such as slow tire wear,turn in faster and or stick better when cornering etc etc
will most alignment shops know what a zero friction alignment is? Maybe my upper control arms are shot?

i bring in those settings when i go for my alignment
Old 07-22-13, 10:07 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Most alignment shops will only do a factory alignment so it takes some searching to find one to do a proper alignment and you will need the SPC if you want to gain control of the caster and camber beyond factory settings which allow very little room for adjustment and the megan arms will help you get the + camber you will need to get back in to spec but either way you will need a set of adjustable arms to get the front camber back where it needs to be.
Old 07-22-13, 10:09 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Most alignment shops will only do a factory alignment so it takes some searching to find one to do a proper alignment and you will need the SPC if you want to gain control of the caster and camber beyond factory settings which allow very little room for adjustment and the megan arms will help you get the + camber you will need to get back in to spec but either way you will need a set of adjustable arms to get the front camber back where it needs to be.
Well i don't know the first thing about adjusting them... So u agree that the Megans would be fine?
Old 07-22-13, 10:34 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Well i don't know the first thing about adjusting them... So u agree that the Megans would be fine?

Yes the megan arms will do everything you need them to do plus they replace a potentially worn out factory uca which also helps but in short it will stop your inner tire wear
Old 07-22-13, 11:27 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Yes the megan arms will do everything you need them to do plus they replace a potentially worn out factory uca which also helps but in short it will stop your inner tire wear
thanks for the help.... i'll look into getting those.. New tires here on Friday so i should order them.

these are the correct ones right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271219919474?item=271219919474&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Last edited by tmf2004; 07-22-13 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-23-13, 07:41 AM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

No problem and those are the ones you will need to fix the uneven tire wear.
Old 07-23-13, 12:49 PM
Gracen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there I know this is off topic to this thread but i was trying to get a hold of you xspsi6 I'm the guy who did the ls400 decals i wanted to let you know that I made and ad specificly for club lexus all you have to do is search

"Club Lexus ls400 2811"

and my ad will pop up for you. Thanks again
Old 07-23-13, 01:35 PM
rwheelz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my two cents: I run -1.5 deg on the rear for camber on stock suspension for performance (the max I could achieve), and do not get inside tire wear. IMO, camber causing inside tire wear is a bit of an internet legend. 9/10 times it is caused by toe out, not camber. Now if you are running a LOT of negative camber, you should expect some inner wear, but it is almost always due to improper toe adjustment. The rear toe adjusting bolts on our cars wear out easily, and cause the rear toe to wander even after getting an alignment. Pull them out and look to see if they are worn and need replacing.

Quick Reply: ananybody running megan front camber arms?