Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Who makes the best camber kits?

Old 07-18-13, 05:53 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingshawty
how big is your outer lip and your inner barrel? if thats a 13" wide rim by the picks it looks like you have close to 6" of lip that would but you and just around 0et.

it will camber in a bit with you're coilovers when you lower it.
He said swapping the faces pulled the wheels in by an inch, so the current setup is probably 20x13 +35 give or take a few mm.
Old 07-18-13, 06:37 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
He said swapping the faces pulled the wheels in by an inch, so the current setup is probably 20x13 +35 give or take a few mm.
if he is 20x13 with a 6" lip he has to have at least +10 or less. maybe even in the negatives due to the pad height and etc. This are just guesstemates. Even though he did swap out the faces that wouldnt really change.

13" = 330mm
6" of lip = 153mm
7" of barrel = 177mm

0 et would be at 165mm from each edge of the rim.
so it looks like his specs IF his pad mounting height IS Right where the lip and barrels are would be at 12mm offset. Although his pad is probably more in past where the two halves meet his offset would be around 0et or less. I am doing this for the rear by what he has told me.

also this does not apply to all wheels with it all depends on the shape of the face etc.

example of what i mean by his pad is more in than where the face would get sandwhiched in between the lip and barrel.

Last edited by SC4Paulo; 07-19-13 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-25-13, 12:51 AM
durps
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good dude! Cant wait to see the finished fenders.
Old 07-26-13, 09:42 AM
shimshady
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk about changing the car to fit the wheel. I've never heard of someone doing things in this particular order. You dont even have coils yet.... How dyou know if you're gunna like the ride height? How dyou know if you'll like the fitment AFTER its dropped? Fitting it before you're at the ride height you want is a little counterproductive because the alignment will change again....
With that being said, after ALL (i mean ALL) the work is completed, it'll look very very baller. Keep cranking at it.
Old 08-08-13, 08:30 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

*****, sorry to say bro, but its not looking right,(im giving you an honest opinion, people who said it looks good dont effin listen to them) its just a those wheels are not ment to be for sc3/4.
It seems that wide body is an answer here too.
Ifthe fender lip was a lot smoother coming out of the body it would be different. You just trying to make wheels fit, but completely trashing the body lines of your beautiful car.(but it is your car you can do what you want)
Im sorry i had to come out like that, but at least im being realistic. I know youve got a lots of time and money and sweat invested, but the car is totally going in the wrong direction.
Old 08-14-13, 08:02 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
*****, sorry to say bro, but its not looking right,(im giving you an honest opinion, people who said it looks good dont effin listen to them) its just a those wheels are not ment to be for sc3/4.
It seems that wide body is an answer here too.
Ifthe fender lip was a lot smoother coming out of the body it would be different. You just trying to make wheels fit, but completely trashing the body lines of your beautiful car.(but it is your car you can do what you want)
Im sorry i had to come out like that, but at least im being realistic. I know youve got a lots of time and money and sweat invested, but the car is totally going in the wrong direction.
Hey lex, its ok buddy ,

if you've been following along any of my other threads, and even this one, you will see that this was never in my plans, I never wanted to hack my fenders up so drastically, but after all the work and money I put into these wheels, ill be damned if I didn't get to put them on the car for the summer time, so this was the temporary fix that at least allows me to drive on them while I figure out what to do next.

Anyways wide body or over fenders was my original plan after installing the wheels, but that's no longer the idea, ive reduced the flares by at least 50% , they are still not what I had planned, but they are much better then before.

You may not like these wheels or feel they belong on the Sc, but I LOVE them, and so does everyone I come across, ive been getting people trying to buy them off me everywhere I go , including while driving on the highway lol.

Considering the other options, which are wide body, plastic flares, or over fenders, Im going to live with what I have now.

Do me a favour, when I post pics of my car finished, give me your honest opinion at that time, its just a little unfair now as the pics your seeing are of a completely unfinished product.

Old 08-15-13, 12:40 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

im actualy loving the way its coming along, these flares might not necesarilly flow with the body lines, but id rather sacrifice a little ebit of the lines in order to have these monster wheels on my car.

Comes down to a matter of taste that's all, ive always loved big fat wheels.

still needs a little finishing work , but flares are 95% done
Attached Thumbnails Who makes the best camber kits?-left-side-good-011.jpg   Who makes the best camber kits?-left-side-good-016.jpg   Who makes the best camber kits?-left-side-good-013.jpg  

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 08-15-13 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-19-13, 04:57 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

are you oging to be respraying the car or just getting the rear quarters color matched?
Old 08-19-13, 10:20 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

whole car is getting sprayed, then tint and coils and im done.

this should of been done a long time ago man but ive been so busy , also its more work then it looks
Old 08-26-13, 08:37 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Much better man, much better!
It's coming Along!!!