Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

who makes/mods SC/supra front DROP knuckles/spindles?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-13, 07:32 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default who makes/mods SC/supra front DROP knuckles/spindles?

howdy boys and girls.
ive done a little searching on here for DROP spindles, as well as some google searching for "sc300 drop knuckles, sc300 drop spindles, supra drop spindles, supra drop knuckles"

havent come up with much. found a thread here talkn bout wisefabs set up but that is way out of my budget.

most drop spindles give at least an inch of drop while maintaining stock suspension geometry.

and if its a 'drift' associated shop theyll also have made the spindles so that they allow more angle, as well. (DISCLAIMER: i know the different things i can do to gain angle, im mainly looking for drop)

parts shop max finally got their shipment for forged S14 knuckles (which include drop)

so when i eventually go to pick them up ill be asking Dan if they can mod my knuckles to add drop (already know they can mod for angle.)

buuut i just wanted to see if there are any already on the market, i prefer forged/made over modded but if forged are too high or if they dont exist ill go modded, provided i can find someone that does it.

car is a 97 sc300. just for cruising. no drifting or visiting the track. stock everything for now,
will be building a set of coilovers (possibly QA1) in the future once i get done with my homework.
Old 06-05-13, 10:19 PM
DSOUN88
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i been looking for the same thing too and couldent find anything beside fabbing one up
Old 06-05-13, 10:51 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

got off the phone today with Dave at parts shop max.
initially he told me that they do mod SC knuckles and that its about 250,
but to call him later after he talk to one of the other guys.

called him later and as it turns out, they cant mod the knuckles for drop (roll center,)
they can only do angle mods. boo.
Old 06-21-13, 11:18 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

I will add this to our SC project list. Finally getting to some development on this.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 06-22-13, 12:07 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

woohoo! thank you thank you thank you!
Old 04-23-16, 08:13 PM
estomax
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anything ever come from this from FIGS? i am looking to get my knuckles modified for more steer angle and need to replace wheel bearings anyway so if i can get some drop knuckles that would be cool.
Old 04-24-16, 11:00 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by estomax
anything ever come from this from FIGS? i am looking to get my knuckles modified for more steer angle and need to replace wheel bearings anyway so if i can get some drop knuckles that would be cool.
From what we have found a drop spindle is not necessary but we have 60+ degrees on modded knuckles with our PROangle kit. New mod spindle is coming soon. We now make every arm but the rear upper.

Old 04-24-16, 11:03 AM
estomax
Lead Lap

thanks for the quick response! those arms are super nice i was looking at them, a bit hard to justify, but im sure worth every dollar.

do you guys modify the knuckles though? i'll gladly ship them to someone who can stand behind their work and shorten them so they work with the stock control arms and don't run the wheels into them... (maybe you guys have a jig set up for it so the guess work is done by you already) something like this i dont want to have a backyard mechanic do.

Marko
Old 04-24-16, 11:56 PM
FIGS
The Maker

thanks for the quick response! those arms are super nice i was looking at them, a bit hard to justify, but im sure worth every dollar.

do you guys modify the knuckles though? i'll gladly ship them to someone who can stand behind their work and shorten them so they work with the stock control arms and don't run the wheels into them... (maybe you guys have a jig set up for it so the guess work is done by you already) something like this i dont want to have a backyard mechanic do.

Marko
Yes we do have a jig and we take a little different approach. We convert to a precise shoulder bolt and ditch the taper a normal ball joint uses. we lower the steering pickup as well but add nearly twice the knuckle engagement because we can then add a lot longer bolt for drift load support. We will have our modular spindle out soon to compliment these arms, but they do a great job of creating clearance and driving with the factory spindle. The mod spindle will allow us a lot more clearance, especially in the brake area. Here is our first implementation on a custom subaru kit using Lexus hub parts. 13" brakes will be included to simplify things. The SC spindle will be similar, it will just have a double wishbone geometry.

Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 04-25-16, 08:47 PM
estomax
Lead Lap

that knuckle in that pic doesnt even resemble a stock one anymore

do you guys modify the stock ones or build your own? is it listed on your website already as far as price and availability?

im just a road course/autox guy who wants better steering angle and a bit more response, not looking for crazy angles, just trying to avoid embarrasing 3 point u turns in even the wide pits!

cheers
Marko
Old 04-25-16, 09:36 PM
FIGS
The Maker

that knuckle in that pic doesnt even resemble a stock one anymore

do you guys modify the stock ones or build your own? is it listed on your website already as far as price and availability?

im just a road course/autox guy who wants better steering angle and a bit more response, not looking for crazy angles, just trying to avoid embarrasing 3 point u turns in even the wide pits!

cheers
Marko
We have designed our own spindle hub and brake setup from scratch using readily available products from other Lexus platforms with higher production numbers. For an autocross setup we would have different ackerman setup, similar to the hysteer knuckle we made for the IS300 a while back.
Old 04-28-16, 04:01 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Track worthy arms.... I'm interested. What do they do for caster?