Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Airbag suspension for daily driven IS

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-13, 09:28 AM
JoeSupra
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag suspension for daily driven IS

Hey guys. I come to the decision if Im going to drop my car its going to be on bags, Thing is, I cant find a bolt on kit for my 2012 AWD is250 anywhere. I searched on here and looked up the airrex, accuride, uas, etc but I still feel like I know nothing cause there isn't much info on here. So far I really like the Airrex kit, but idk where I can order the kit from or how reliable they are or anything.

I am very new to this airbag suspension but I am really into the idea. I don't like the idea of the coilover/airbag setup. Plus I know if I had to order coilovers Id just drop them in and call it a day. lol But I don't want that. I feel that airbags is such a smart decision for where I live. I want to know more about these kits though and how they ride. If any of you got any input on the Airrex kit or any other id appreciate it. Im going to put a video down below to show basically what I want. I really like this persons setup a lot. if your on here please post!

Old 05-28-13, 10:34 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I daily my bagged + boosted IS250. Bagged since late August 2012, i drive about 350 miles a week. I have KSport Pro Plus. Love everything about it except the ride preset heights dont work, and not just off by half an inch. Un-predictable, 3-4 inches off, high/low, one side up one side down, its horrible... lol So i dont use the presets.

PS: Here's my Air thread, not much extra info but it's there for the reading

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...on-review.html

Last edited by heyarms; 05-28-13 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-28-13, 11:12 AM
JoeSupra
Rookie

Originally Posted by heyarms
I daily my bagged + boosted IS250. Bagged since late August 2012, i drive about 350 miles a week. I have KSport Pro Plus. Love everything about it except the ride preset heights dont work, and not just off by half an inch. Un-predictable, 3-4 inches off, high/low, one side up one side down, its horrible... lol So i dont use the presets.

PS: Here's my Air thread, not much extra info but it's there for the reading

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...on-review.html
Thanks for the input. That kit looks great. Love the key fob, looks baller. But the presets function would have to be important to me. I like the idea of "on the fly stance" lol Hows it ride? Anything like stock? Also is your car AWD?
Old 05-28-13, 06:57 PM
thuynh100
Driver School Candidate

i have been dailying my IS with a custom UAS/accuair E-level setup for 2 year already and had no big issues. I feel the more you read up and piecing together your own air suspension yourself, you get a better understanding of your air suspension. Took me 5 months to completely piece together my air suspension but I saved a lot and spent a total of $2900. If you like the idea of having presets, accuair E-level is a must. Its a little pricey and a pain of the butt to install, but once you have it up and running you'll love it.
Old 05-28-13, 07:23 PM
JoeSupra
Rookie

Originally Posted by thuynh100
i have been dailying my IS with a custom UAS/accuair E-level setup for 2 year already and had no big issues. I feel the more you read up and piecing together your own air suspension yourself, you get a better understanding of your air suspension. Took me 5 months to completely piece together my air suspension but I saved a lot and spent a total of $2900. If you like the idea of having presets, accuair E-level is a must. Its a little pricey and a pain of the butt to install, but once you have it up and running you'll love it.
I just don't wanna get into the coilover/airbag setup when piecing it together. Seems more complicated to me. Im having a hard time finding out if awd users are using rwd air kits. I contacted airrex and they don't make a awd kit. I don't know why it matters when it comes to aftermarket suspension.
Old 05-28-13, 10:56 PM
thuynh100
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JoeSupra
I just don't wanna get into the coilover/airbag setup when piecing it together. Seems more complicated to me. Im having a hard time finding out if awd users are using rwd air kits. I contacted airrex and they don't make a awd kit. I don't know why it matters when it comes to aftermarket suspension.
AWD struts are shorter than the RWD.
Old 05-28-13, 11:15 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Airrunner all the way http://www.airrunnersystems.com/air-suspension/

(not my car)
Old 05-29-13, 07:38 AM
JoeSupra
Rookie

Originally Posted by thuynh100
AWD struts are shorter than the RWD.
Shouldn't they be longer since it sits higher? Doesn't make sense.

Originally Posted by mex lex
Airrunner all the way http://www.airrunnersystems.com/air-suspension/

(not my car)
They don't have kits for awd though =( Says only rwd