Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sway bar kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-14, 08:49 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by marshun
so...will this rear bar be bigger than 19mm? maybe some kind of adapter to fit a much bigger sway in the rear?

i hope so. cause im so tired of the lean on the stock bars and how the rear is ridiculous. lol.

im willing to wait, but i'd like some insight
A sway bar is just a cross spring rate. It sounds like you might benefit from a higher static coil rate if you really want to curb body roll. you can't put it all on the sway bar anyway. There is far more control if you put it at the damper. If you use the factory sway connections the sway bar is at a horrible leverage multiplier where the spring is closer to the outside. This is one reason we have a movable shock mount on our MEGA arms to impact effective spring rate.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 06-16-14, 10:00 AM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks. i know a bit about suspension. but im trying to gauge what to expect with what you folks are developing. is it something special that i should wait for?

im trying to have it ride smooth and handle well in turns (i dont expect it to turn like my other cars. but it definitely seems capable enough to turn better. that rear bar is just such a pitiful thing though...)

i know the 2nd gen gs isnt an ideal platform and you guys are catering to a niche market...but it would be nice to know whats goin on. has anything been started on yet? cause this late in the year, i dont think anything will be coming out this year if you havent had some things in the works already.
Old 06-16-14, 10:16 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

thanks. i know a bit about suspension. but im trying to gauge what to expect with what you folks are developing. is it something special that i should wait for?

im trying to have it ride smooth and handle well in turns (i dont expect it to turn like my other cars. but it definitely seems capable enough to turn better. that rear bar is just such a pitiful thing though...)

i know the 2nd gen gs isnt an ideal platform and you guys are catering to a niche market...but it would be nice to know whats goin on. has anything been started on yet? cause this late in the year, i dont think anything will be coming out this year if you havent had some things in the works already.
Mike did mention the fact that it will be priced lower then the TRD set (hopefully).... I do look on there website from time to time and FIGS is one of the only companies making products for the 2GS... If its priced accordingly they would probably sell...

is this thicker than our 2GS rear sway bar?

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2005/4639.html
Old 06-17-14, 08:18 AM
marshun
Advanced

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Mike did mention the fact that it will be priced lower then the TRD set (hopefully).... I do look on there website from time to time and FIGS is one of the only companies making products for the 2GS... If its priced accordingly they would probably sell...

is this thicker than our 2GS rear sway bar?

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2005/4639.html
yeah the price is definitely a factor. but as long as i know its gonna be good then i'll pay. theres no way i wouldnt

i believe the aftermarket rears for the ls's top out at about 19mm too.
Old 06-17-14, 08:36 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

yeah the price is definitely a factor. but as long as i know its gonna be good then i'll pay. theres no way i wouldnt

i believe the aftermarket rears for the ls's top out at about 19mm too.
would that LS rear bar fit the GS? The TRD is 19mm i believe but this one is cheaper by $60....
Old 06-17-14, 01:56 PM
marshun
Advanced

from what i've ben looking at..it doesnt have that bend in it for the tank. but when i was under the car it didnt seem like a straight bar would have much of a problem. but i didnt look at that for that long cause i only changed out the vsv and had errands to run

i went ahead and ordered the trd's. i figure if the figs bar comes out and its that much better, i'd gladly do a review comparing trd's to figs.
Old 06-17-14, 02:26 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

from what i've ben looking at..it doesnt have that bend in it for the tank. but when i was under the car it didnt seem like a straight bar would have much of a problem. but i didnt look at that for that long cause i only changed out the vsv and had errands to run

i went ahead and ordered the trd's. i figure if the figs bar comes out and its that much better, i'd gladly do a review comparing trd's to figs.
thats cool, our rear bar is straight from what i remember... right?
Old 06-18-14, 09:31 AM
marshun
Advanced

thats cool, our rear bar is straight from what i remember... right?
yes it is.

were there any urethane bushings that fit the trd bars? im trying to find some right now
Old 06-18-14, 06:14 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

yes it is.

were there any urethane bushings that fit the trd bars? im trying to find some right now
i thought the bushings came with the TRD bars already? energy suspension should have them just get the proper size.
Old 06-19-14, 08:25 AM
marshun
Advanced

i thought the bushings came with the TRD bars already? energy suspension should have them just get the proper size.
yeah. theyre a hard rubber. i just like to go for urethane cause i know they last. i got urethanes all around in my other cars and i put way more miles on those cars and the bushings stay in damn good condition
Old 07-09-14, 09:52 AM
marshun
Advanced

Originally Posted by RamAirRckt
I don't personally think a TRD bar is worth that much, but being there isn't much out there, they can probably get away with it. Will it help? Yes, you will like having more rear bar, these cars need it.

Look at this, http://www.hrpworld.com/store/defaul...rs-hollow.html, find the length you and straight ends and you have a bar for $200 or less that will run circles (pun!) around the TRD bar.
so...about these bars...anyone tried them yet? cause I have the trd's on now. decent for sure. a definitely improvement over the stock bars. but still a bit to be desired in the rear (huehuehue maybe pun?_
Old 10-16-14, 06:37 PM
marshun
Advanced

any update on the figs bar?
Old 10-17-14, 06:35 AM
FIGS
The Maker

The first proto has been made along with bushings. It should be testing by the start of next week. I am trying to get our production schedule figured out once testing completes. Making progress but its slow unfortunately.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 10-17-14, 06:31 PM
marshun
Advanced

cool. at least its something and you answered my question.

thanks
Old 11-07-14, 09:42 AM
FIGS
The Maker

update: 10 bars are bent up and initial testing is ongoing with very positive results. Currently we are close to 100% front increase and range fro 60-100% rear increase with 3 way adjustment. I will open up preorders next week as soon as I get some logistics figured out.

Mike

Quick Reply: Sway bar kit