Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lower Ball Joints Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-13, 09:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

i just bought some Moogs the other day and swapped them on.....i hate them. i already ordered new OEM ones. the moogs made funny, funny noises and i swear felt worse than my old OEM ones

so to break it down i bought a set 2 weeks ago, they have been installed for 2 days and they are already coming off.. IMHO OEM only
Old 05-13-13, 09:57 AM
ohboitony
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
i just bought some Moogs the other day and swapped them on.....i hate them. i already ordered new OEM ones. the moogs made funny, funny noises and i swear felt worse than my old OEM ones

so to break it down i bought a set 2 weeks ago, they have been installed for 2 days and they are already coming off.. IMHO OEM only
I was thinking the same thing.,... Yes the OEM will fail but it will take 90-120k miles. To spend 160 shipped to your door once every 5 years isn't bad at all IMO. My friend said his LBJ doesn't sound right and he bought MOOG 2 years ago.
Old 05-13-13, 11:55 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ohboitony
I was thinking the same thing.,... Yes the OEM will fail but it will take 90-120k miles. To spend 160 shipped to your door once every 5 years isn't bad at all IMO. My friend said his LBJ doesn't sound right and he bought MOOG 2 years ago.
Well stop asking questions and buy something sheesh...your mind is made up so buy! Either get Moog, a product that a lot of people on this site are happy with including me, or get OEM..a product that is good, but has a known defective problem. BTW, there was a member who just posted that he purchased OEM lbj's and they broke again within the same year. NO way I would buy OEM.
Old 05-13-13, 11:56 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Well send them to me. I'll put them to good use buddy since they were horrible for you. PM me.
Old 05-13-13, 12:00 PM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hollywoood
What grease should we use for moog parts?????
I'm sure others will chime in with their favs, but I use Mobil1 synthetic, the pink stuff.
Old 05-13-13, 12:08 PM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
BTW, there was a member who just posted that he purchased OEM lbj's and they broke again within the same year. NO way I would buy OEM.
After a year dude??? Really?? You have a link to this thread?
Old 05-13-13, 01:26 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Originally Posted by repugnante
After a year dude??? Really?? You have a link to this thread?
I didn't say after a year, which is bad...I said within the same year, which is worse. Search, you should be able to find it. I read it two weeks ago. I wouldn't have stated it if I didn't read it. BTW, this isn't the first time I've read that the OEM failed within or a year after install on this site. If I come across it again, I'll post the link for you, but I'm not about to search for it.
Old 05-15-13, 02:43 PM
GunFightr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
yup Moogs are the way to go if you ask me. Got mine from RockAuto with a coupon code and free shipping and they come with the zerk - just push the grease gun and give her about 2 squeezes

did it come with that z to add oil??? if so where did you order it where it came with the joint?
Old 05-15-13, 05:14 PM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Yes. Zerks come with them, but you'll probably want to change therm for 90° elbow zerks. Much easier to grease that way when they're on the car.

Last edited by Blanco; 05-15-13 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Damn autocorrect !
Old 05-17-13, 09:44 AM
ohboitony
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blanco
Yes. Zerks come with them, but you'll probably want to change therm for 90° elbow zerks. Much easier to grease that way when they're on the car.
Where did you get the 90 elbow?
Old 05-17-13, 09:57 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ohboitony
Where did you get the 90 elbow?
Autozone sells them in a variety pack for $6. Pair of straights, 45s, and 90s.
Old 05-17-13, 12:11 PM
ohboitony
Driver School Candidate

Thanks alot Blanco!!!
Old 05-17-13, 02:08 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

my local autozone was $12 for a multi pack.... like 10 different sizes and like 8 of each size
Old 05-19-13, 02:17 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm actually glad i found this post... I was seriously considering the Moog LBJ as i found them for $80 on ebay but i went OEM last time and will do it again... Thanks ..
Old 05-19-13, 05:34 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I'm actually glad i found this post... I was seriously considering the Moog LBJ as i found them for $80 on ebay but i went OEM last time and will do it again... Thanks ..
why would you buy them on eBay when it's much cheaper on rock auto? I think that you wanted to purchase OEM anyway because you cant say this one bad post help with your decision even though there are a ton of positive posts on Moog lbj's on this site.

Quick Reply: Lower Ball Joints Question