Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-13, 12:57 PM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers

So a local member recommended these coils, and after a little bit of "research" on Google, they seems to have an excellent reputation. They even provide dyno charts on their website! Since each shock is individually dyno-tested before it goes out, they also offer the dyno-test printout of each coilover to the customer at an additional cost of $99. They also offer some nice upgrades like Swift springs, custom spring rates, Swift helper springs, and a couple of other things.

MSRP on the website is $1199. Are there any vendors who carry this product line?? I'll be sending PMs to CircuitMS, b2designs, SonicMotor and IAPDirect.

Forgot to mention that they offer a 1-year warranty on the piston and 5-year warranty on everything else.
Old 03-26-13, 01:21 PM
maddnotes
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed these on my IS this weekend and I must say they are incredible. I went with the 500 Series with the Swift spring upgrade and custom spring rate of 11k/7k. I still have a little more adjusting to do, but so far I am very impressed and satisfied.
Old 03-26-13, 05:25 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks interesting...they have one for the awd...gonna check it out
Old 03-26-13, 05:30 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

These are popular with the mr2 crowd and I have a set for my '91. They are very very track worthy. And lastly, like you said, they have great warranty.
Old 03-26-13, 06:52 PM
sm1ke
Racer

Its only a matter of time now

I wonder why there aren't any group buys for these? I talked to the manufacturer and they said that group buys are up to the dealers.
Old 03-27-13, 08:21 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

500 vs 510....they said 510 for track use only?
Old 03-27-13, 08:24 AM
sm1ke
Racer

510 is spec'd for track use, but it doesn't mean you can't use them for the street. The 510's use an upgraded system that's better suited for the track.. it goes into better detail on their website. My car is never going to see the track so I'm going with the 500s, possibly with the Swift spring upgrade.
Old 03-27-13, 01:45 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

the 500 is very attractive in specs and pricing, but hate the colour!
Old 03-27-13, 01:58 PM
sm1ke
Racer

Who cares lol, you won't be able to see them unless you have the wheel off. If it's really a problem, I guess you could plastidip them?
Old 10-17-13, 10:39 PM
510to808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so I got a pm from a vendor today and i wanna know should i go with bc coils for 955$ shippedor just spend the extra and get fortune auto 500 series for 1080 shipped ? From what ive read you cant tell the difference, i have no problem spending an extra 100$ for a longer warranty and green coilovers lol. what are your suggestions i really wanna lower my is with the stock rims for now. let me know..
Old 10-18-13, 08:19 AM
sm1ke
Racer

I'd spend the extra for the extra warranty. From what I understand, both BC and FA shock dyno each damper and match them in sets. Both BC and FA offer rebuilding of dampers, and both offer the Swift spring upgrade. Whatever you do, I'd recommend going with the Swift spring upgrade if you can swing the extra money. It takes longer for them to ship because they will custom valve the dampers for the new springs, but speaking as an owner of BC coils with Swift springs, its definitely worth it.

Edit: I really wish they made the Fortune Auto 500s for AWD models..
Old 10-18-13, 08:31 AM
510to808
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sm1ke
I'd spend the extra for the extra warranty. From what I understand, both BC and FA shock dyno each damper and match them in sets. Both BC and FA offer rebuilding of dampers, and both offer the Swift spring upgrade. Whatever you do, I'd recommend going with the Swift spring upgrade if you can swing the extra money. It takes longer for them to ship because they will custom valve the dampers for the new springs, but speaking as an owner of BC coils with Swift springs, its definitely worth it.

Ok thanks for the info sounds like ill try and spend the extra $ for the swift spring upgrade...
Old 10-18-13, 08:41 AM
510to808
Pole Position

Do you track your car in just tryna slam the **** outta mine not really for track use, mostly daily driver
Old 10-18-13, 09:51 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Originally Posted by 510to808
Do you track your car in just tryna slam the **** outta mine not really for track use, mostly daily driver
No I don't track my car.. I thought about trying autocross but never got around to it this summer. I really don't have anything to compare the ride to. All I know is that I love the way the suspension behaves with the current setup, and if I were to swap to the normal springs, I'd just want to switch back to Swifts. Mine is also a daily driver. This summer I took the car on a 3000+ km trip from Manitoba to Alberta, and the ride quality was great. No complaints from the lady, if you can believe it lol
Old 10-18-13, 10:25 AM
510to808
Pole Position

No I don't track my car.. I thought about trying autocross but never got around to it this summer. I really don't have anything to compare the ride to. All I know is that I love the way the suspension behaves with the current setup, and if I were to swap to the normal springs, I'd just want to switch back to Swifts. Mine is also a daily driver. This summer I took the car on a 3000+ km trip from Manitoba to Alberta, and the ride quality was great. No complaints from the lady, if you can believe it lol
Well I talked to the vendor and he said I don't really need the swift springs because the ones they come with are good enough plus it's an extra 280$

Quick Reply: Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers