Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Whiteline vs Titan Sway bar set ups

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-13, 01:14 PM
Dai Kaiju
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whiteline vs Titan Sway bar set ups

Does anyone here have experience with both? I would assume Titan is the better option, but due to need to do the Supra mount conversion it is pricier. Is it worth the price difference or is it even noticeable?
Old 03-12-13, 01:32 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I Just bought used Supra TT sways bars (115 shipped) and the mounts off parts.com ( 180 shipped) just because of the cost of the "aftermarket sway bars". Yes im sure they areworth it and better than the OEM TT sway bars but the TT sways will do just fine for the sc. paying 300plus for sways plus the mounts so mount them is pricey like you said.
Old 03-12-13, 04:56 PM
RoyallyGrn
Driver School Candidate

I just bought the titan kit and could tell a difference for the first day. But im so low that it didnt make a difference on my application. The supra stock tt sway bars are the best bang for your buck. You need the rear subframe mount but once you have those you can upgrade to any supra sway bar. The titans are very nice and pretty thick but from my understanding just tt sway bars that are bigger and have adjustment. im sure if i raised my car up i could tell a good amount of difference but im not doing that just yet.
Old 03-12-13, 09:54 PM
KarateDoc
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am interested to know as well. I bought the whitelines and I need to know if I need the mk4 subframe mounts
Old 03-13-13, 08:18 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i believe titan sways are rebranded whitelines (quite a few titan parts are rebranded). i bought the whitelines (supra tt) and they were $100 less, same adjustability and same silver powdercoat as the titan sways. spent the difference on a set of powerhouse racing solid subframe mounts with the sway mount in place.

Originally Posted by KarateDoc
I am interested to know as well. I bought the whitelines and I need to know if I need the mk4 subframe mounts
if you bought the sways for an sc, they are direct replacement. if you bought the sways for a supra (different rear part #), you will need the supra subframe mounts - oem or aftermarket.
Old 03-13-13, 08:52 AM
estomax
Lead Lap

are these sway bars hollow? I am looking for some thicker sway bars that are hollow to keep the weight down and slim this porker of a car a bit
Old 03-14-13, 04:35 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 60 Posts

or you make the swaybar holder self

greets

Tom
Old 06-23-13, 01:47 PM
KarateDoc
Driver School Candidate

I bought the whitelines from ebay and also bought the mk4 subframe mounts. I installed the mounts today and found out that I didn't need them with the whitelines. Oh well if I ever decide to go with a supra swaybar for the rear I can just replace it.

After installing the sway bars I have noticed a significant improvement at reducing body roll. Next up is the gixxer drew setup and new wheels and tires.
Old 06-23-13, 07:45 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 550 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by KarateDoc
I bought the whitelines from ebay and also bought the mk4 subframe mounts. I installed the mounts today and found out that I didn't need them with the whitelines. Oh well if I ever decide to go with a supra swaybar for the rear I can just replace it.

After installing the sway bars I have noticed a significant improvement at reducing body roll. Next up is the gixxer drew setup and new wheels and tires.
You only need the subframe mounts if you buy sway bars for a supra. Whiteline makes sway bars specifically for the SC, so subframe mounts are not required (if you buy the SC application).
Old 07-09-13, 12:13 PM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Has anyone had the SC-specific whitelines vs the Supra-specific sways/titan adjustable? I have stock TT sway bars from my Supra and for the cost of rear Supra mounts, it's almost the same price as an SC specific rear bar from whiteline.

just want to make sure I buy the better product.... and this car will be put on a road course. The adjustable whitelines seem to be a good choice if I just want to buy once.

Last edited by marshall2j; 07-09-13 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-09-13, 05:09 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Titans on my SC. I havent tracked the car yet but it feels like a gokart on the highway.
Old 07-09-13, 05:12 PM
3L4jzz31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by marshall2j
Has anyone had the SC-specific whitelines vs the Supra-specific sways/titan adjustable? I have stock TT sway bars from my Supra and for the cost of rear Supra mounts, it's almost the same price as an SC specific rear bar from whiteline.

just want to make sure I buy the better product.... and this car will be put on a road course. The adjustable whitelines seem to be a good choice if I just want to buy once.
Although I can't really tell you difference between the SC and Supra specific whiteline sway bars. The Supra sway bar in the rear are generally better for handling because of their design compared to that of the SC (because of the more direct path). Just based on that information I'd say principally the sway bar for the supra should be better.

Visual reference. (off of CL sway bar thread)
Old 07-19-13, 01:36 PM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Those who have upgraded to TT sway bars, do I need Supra or SC300 (or a combo of both) for the end links?
Old 07-22-13, 04:02 PM
3L4jzz31
Pole Position

If you google Sway Bar Swap From MKIV Supra TT To SC300.pdf - ClubLexus
That pdf will have all the information you'll need including parts numbers and install