Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein Comfort Sport Coilover Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-13, 09:54 PM
duncan351
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tein Comfort Sport Coilover Review

I have 98 GS400 with previous Eibach springs over stock struts and upgraded sway bars. Struts finally wore out and decided to go with the Comfort Sports instead of the flex. My buddy had a GS430 withe the flex and it rode good however its pretty stiff even on the softest setting. The CS's are a lot softer and closer to stock without all the floating and slop in the factory suspension. Its a great upgrade with a very nice ride dampening even on bumpy roads. Just wanted to drop my review from a guy that's not all about slaming the car just lowered and still want the luxury sedan comfort and feel. In my opinion this is the way the car should have come stock. If you want the soft suspension go buy an LS model.
The following users liked this post:
2JZandME (05-04-18)
Old 03-04-13, 03:13 PM
gsfman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree 100%. Going the same way soon.
Old 03-04-13, 03:44 PM
RoninEng
Driver

I bought the cs I have from a member on here for a great price and then i basically rebuilt them. The ride quality is fantastic. The main "disadvantage" people say is the limit to ride height adjustment. IE if you want to slam the car you can't. It's bs though bc you can purchase springs straight from TEIN for a very affordable price that are direct replacements for the "stock" coil springs. I can go down 4 inches now if i wanted and still have an amazing ride quality. Gotta love that
Old 03-04-13, 04:15 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought me a set of brand new TEIN CS V.2 in one of the old group buys with carson toyota a while back. Never looked back. Zero issues, zero complaints
Old 06-14-13, 11:23 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Tein Comfort Sport Coil Overs for Sc430

Dear Friends. I'm considering putting Tein Comforty Sport Coilovers on my 2002 sc430. My car is ulta stiff. It shoulds lik these coilovers are able to provide a comfortable/softer rid???
Old 06-14-13, 01:55 PM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

sounds like the suspension I would have gone with if I didn't go with air.
Old 06-27-13, 09:24 PM
GSdarksol
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing... Good input on them
Old 06-27-13, 09:32 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Personally I thought the Tien CST were garbage.

I had them on my car and hated them.
Old 07-01-13, 05:55 PM
gtmax
Driver

I just took off the Tein springs off my '99 GS400. I had the Springs on stock shocks. It was a terrible combination if the road wasn't race-track smooth. I loved the lower profile but the way the car was slamming on potholes was literally painful. Now i'm back at full stock. Car looks like an SUV compared to before but i'm smiling like a 14yr having just made out with a girl for the first time.

I'm not afraid of bad roads or coming in and out of shopping centers.
Old 07-17-13, 04:20 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Default ...........

CSv.2 are a little too soft for me, Driving around in an X5 perhaps has biased my opinion..lol The X5 feels better than my GS on the road.
Old 07-18-13, 12:13 PM
MotoEvo
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have experience with the Comfort Sport V.1 and EDFC controller. With the EDFC on the lowest setting, the car is soft, probably similar to a set of stock shocks in terms of dampening and ride quality, except you sit lower. It soaks up bumps and expansion joints well, and you don't feel the chassis shudder. On the hardest setting, it's still not a stiff ride, but it does control the weight transfer better. You can feel the bumps a bit more, but they still aren't terribly intrusive. Maybe this is a similar feeling to something like a sport package.

For a daily driven car, the coilovers work well, but if you want to do some spirited runs through corners, you'll probably want to go with a stiffer setup because you do get a little bit of dive under hard braking. But then again, these are called comfort sport and not track sport. Normally I set the controller to 12 out of 16 during a commute. My wife prefers to leave it at 0.

As for lowering, I had to raise the car up 1.25" from when I bought the GS because the tires were constantly scraping the fender liners when going through dips or undulations on the road. I think the car could have gone down about another 1-1.25" or more, but I didn't measure how many threads were left.

So in short, I think the comfort sports are good for street driving for people who want a sporty feeling ride, but bad if you are an aggressive driver who needs more weight/roll resistance.
Old 07-18-13, 08:43 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoEvo
I have experience with the Comfort Sport V.1 and EDFC controller. With the EDFC on the lowest setting, the car is soft, probably similar to a set of stock shocks in terms of dampening and ride quality, except you sit lower. It soaks up bumps and expansion joints well, and you don't feel the chassis shudder. On the hardest setting, it's still not a stiff ride, but it does control the weight transfer better. You can feel the bumps a bit more, but they still aren't terribly intrusive. Maybe this is a similar feeling to something like a sport package.

For a daily driven car, the coilovers work well, but if you want to do some spirited runs through corners, you'll probably want to go with a stiffer setup because you do get a little bit of dive under hard braking. But then again, these are called comfort sport and not track sport. Normally I set the controller to 12 out of 16 during a commute. My wife prefers to leave it at 0.

As for lowering, I had to raise the car up 1.25" from when I bought the GS because the tires were constantly scraping the fender liners when going through dips or undulations on the road. I think the car could have gone down about another 1-1.25" or more, but I didn't measure how many threads were left.

So in short, I think the comfort sports are good for street driving for people who want a sporty feeling ride, but bad if you are an aggressive driver who needs more weight/roll resistance.
what he said..lol
Old 07-20-13, 04:07 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

BC Coils are actually better than Teins.
Old 07-21-13, 03:24 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

I have the CS as well. I really liked the ride, but I wanted the car a little stiffer. I called tein and they said that I could go change it up +/- 2 kg/mm. I did some research and ended up getting Swift springs and putting them on the CS damper. OMG it was the best thing I ever did....for the suspension that is. The TT V8 is probably the best thing I did to the car!
Old 01-23-14, 11:00 AM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
BC Coils are actually better than Teins.
BC actually better then teins?

Quick Reply: Tein Comfort Sport Coilover Review