Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Best place to order caster arm busings?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-13, 10:07 AM
GenOneGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to order caster arm busings?

Hey guys I've read countless post on how to replace the bushings and ball joints but can't seem to find any good links and/or vendors that offer the bushings. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Where have you all ordered the parts from? Also, does anyone sell the entire caster arm with a new busing already in place. If so that would save me time on going and having the old and new ones pressed in / out since I don't have my own press. I'm at 238,000 miles on my 98 GS400 and I need to address this in a bad way before the worst happens. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-03-13, 12:51 PM
kt636
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can get the polyurethane bushings from Sewell Lexus parts website or the whole arm as well. Make sure you register with them that you are a CL member to get your discount. The other place you can get just the aftermarket rubber bushing is through Roca USA. They only sell the caster and lower control arm bushing as a set tho. I just ordered the polyurethane ones and will be doing that when I get back to Dallas for spring break. Which part of TX are you from?
Old 03-03-13, 03:10 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by GenOneGS
Hey guys I've read countless post on how to replace the bushings and ball joints but can't seem to find any good links and/or vendors that offer the bushings. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
if u cant find this info you DEF didnt read countless posts
Old 03-03-13, 04:41 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ha ha ha ha Yeah just means he wanted someone else to do the work for him. Its ok I remember trying to pull that when I was a noob Guess it worked though right......
Old 03-03-13, 05:56 PM
GenOneGS
Driver

Thanks KT636, I'm in the Dallas area so Sewell is in my backyard...I will check that out.
Old 03-03-13, 06:13 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by kt636
You can get the polyurethane bushings from Sewell Lexus parts website or the whole arm as well. Make sure you register with them that you are a CL member to get your discount. The other place you can get just the aftermarket rubber bushing is through Roca USA. They only sell the caster and lower control arm bushing as a set tho. I just ordered the polyurethane ones and will be doing that when I get back to Dallas for spring break. Which part of TX are you from?
dont forget the vendor FIGS sell a spherical one that never needs replacing ever. i have them along with a handful of other members

1998-2000 model older/thinner arms use this one

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=122

and

the 2001+ bigger/thicker arms use this one

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=139

here is a DIY for both

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...-bushings.html

Originally Posted by socal72
Ha ha ha ha Yeah just means he wanted someone else to do the work for him. Its ok I remember trying to pull that when I was a noob Guess it worked though right......
he's not a noob though, he's been here since 2005.... i have said for along time the older members are just as bad as the noobs somedays about not searching.. i said that first piece cause i think almost every thread dealing with the castor arms addresses a company,place or vendor that these are available from and if he had truthfully read the countless posts he claims he read he would have seen at least one place it recommends people to get them from

ALSO if he looked in the stickies on the suspension subsection of the forum this is in there

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...s-of-pics.html

Last edited by sakataj; 03-03-13 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-04-13, 06:04 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

^^I'm interested, but where is the engineering data proving that this has been stressed tested based on the load of the car? I'm sure he should have designes that has been signed off for approval. I'm looking on their site and I don't see it. I'm a engineer by trade, so I know how critical this information is for new products hitting the market.
Old 03-05-13, 12:18 PM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

I have the Sewell poly caster arm bushings. They are fine, but if I were to do it again I would probably just buy replacement OEM arms with bushings already pressed in from Sewell.
Old 03-06-13, 09:38 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
^^I'm interested, but where is the engineering data proving that this has been stressed tested based on the load of the car? I'm sure he should have designes that has been signed off for approval. I'm looking on their site and I don't see it. I'm a engineer by trade, so I know how critical this information is for new products hitting the market.
Rarely you'll find such information on aftermarket car parts.
Old 03-07-13, 11:11 AM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
lol, when it comes to some of the lesser known aftermarket car part brands, it's often one or two people running design/development, production, materials sourcing, sales, marketing, etc. Your engineering analysis will be limited. And even when dealing with a larger company, it's very rare that they will give a consumer any engineering analysis documents unless you yourself work for a large company and are designing in their products into a larger product/system backed by major volume potential.
Old 03-08-13, 04:48 PM
GenOneGS
Driver

I ended up getting the arms with the bushings already in. Got them from Sewell Parts. Installing tomorrow. Now I can press some bushings into my old arms and have a set of spares if I ever need to.