Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

BC racing or Tein Coilovers?

Old 01-27-13, 12:46 AM
chiem15
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC racing or Tein Coilovers?

Guys kind a confused and still can't decide whether to get bc racing or tein coilovers for my is250 rwd 2008 model..im gonna use it for daily driving and don't what to get without getting clunking noise in my car as well as getting a bouncy ride..please help me decide guys..thank you so much..
Old 01-28-13, 01:24 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Get the BCRs with the spring rate you want, and professionally have them installed by a suspsension specialst. They'll know what they're doing, and their will be no "clunk" noise.

I DD mine with BCRs with a 12k/8k spring rate, same as the Megan LPs...which is supposed to be a more friendly ride quality. Wish I had gone with 14k/10k though, cuz I LOVE them corners!
Old 01-28-13, 01:30 PM
chiem15
Driver School Candidate

Yeah..almost all are suggesting the bc bro..think m gnna get it..u thnk its better to get 12/10k? Coz thats what i'm planning to get..thnkx bro..
Old 01-28-13, 01:31 PM
chiem15
Driver School Candidate

Ohh by the way..u thingk its fine of i'm not yet goin to get the swift springs? Tnx
Old 01-29-13, 11:54 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We do a lot of BC Racing coils for Lexus cars, we can help you get a kit with the right rate for your needs, just shoot us a PM
Old 02-14-13, 11:59 AM
Alantjai
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a previous owner of the Tein CS (7kg/mm all around) and now owner of a BC racing with (6kg/mm all around) "due to a blown shock of the Tein, I can say that the Tein is more comfortable and less noisy of the 2.

Now in the winter the bc makes a little bit more noise, but thats only the first few minutes, therefore the BC cant be raised anymore due to the 6kg/mm springs, its almost on its max ride height and that just sufficient, but speedbumps can be an issue....

The bc racing with 6kg is comfortable, but stil got its stiffness due to the stiffer damper.

Overall, both are great and honestly the tein cost almost twice of the BC, so just for that little bit of extra comfort and quality it might not worth it.

Side note: Tein is easier to raise and drop the height....
Old 02-16-13, 08:16 AM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

ill go with BC Coilovers
Old 05-15-13, 12:11 PM
exjay
Driver School Candidate

I was also thinking about getting BC racing coilvovers with the rubber mounts but now im hesitant since i've been seeing alot of users having issues with "clunk" noise in the rear. Not keen on going back and forth to the shop as i dont have any tools at all if i were to run into this issue.

Read that the Tein CS offer a smoother, more comfortable ride, and easier adjustable ride. anyone have noise issues with these? If anyone knows any good deals or selling teins let me know! thanks
Old 05-15-13, 12:27 PM
minato
Pole Position

Originally Posted by exjay
I was also thinking about getting BC racing coilvovers with the rubber mounts but now im hesitant since i've been seeing alot of users having issues with "clunk" noise in the rear. Not keen on going back and forth to the shop as i dont have any tools at all if i were to run into this issue.

Read that the Tein CS offer a smoother, more comfortable ride, and easier adjustable ride. anyone have noise issues with these? If anyone knows any good deals or selling teins let me know! thanks
clunk? I think that depends on how they where installed, I havent heard any from mine, BC seems legit to me, I dont even know what you mean by rubber mounts. when I got my set, I took out the stock oem struts and put in the BC's it was plug and play afterall, no clunk while driving if its installed correctly. it feels like stock to me. but better when getting around those ramps
Old 05-15-13, 01:08 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

^He means the upper mount that came with your BCRs. Most customer order what they see or get what is a default from the factory (rubber); but if you ask (like I did) you can get a pillowball upper mount. Supposed to give you more "feel" during cornering.
Old 05-15-13, 02:21 PM
exjay
Driver School Candidate

if search on the forums i see threads with "clunk" issue with BCRs, then again I dont know how low they've gone. im just looking for a 1.5/1.0 drop with ride simliar to stock without all the squeaky or clunk noise.
Old 05-15-13, 07:00 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by exjay
if search on the forums i see threads with "clunk" issue with BCRs, then again I dont know how low they've gone. im just looking for a 1.5/1.0 drop with ride simliar to stock without all the squeaky or clunk noise.
me personally i have the BC coilovers and i havent had any clunking noises what so ever and im pretty low and planning on going lower. ive read about folks with that issue but mine havent made any noises
Old 05-16-13, 07:02 AM
FMJ IS
Pole Position

just want to make sure, is BCR a Taiwanese brand name?
Old 05-16-13, 07:25 AM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Taiwan, they are made in.. BC is one of the biggest coilover manufacturer in Taiwan. I've heard that BC is the manufacturer of many Jap brand-name coilovers. True or false, I don't know. The clunking issue is like "hit-or-miss" luck. Most owners don't have this issue while many others get that clunking noise. I believe problem lies in the quality control in the production line.
Old 05-16-13, 08:07 AM
2008GT500
Driver School Candidate

I have never seen the BCs in person, but the coilovers on my Mustang made a clunk sound, and come to find out there is a very thin nut where the piston slides in and out. Tightened that, no more clunk. For those with the clunk, it might be worth checking under the dust cover to see if BCs are built the same and tighten that nut if it is there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BC racing or Tein Coilovers?