Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Adjusting Megan EZ coilovers IS250 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-13, 03:10 PM
DaMitsuMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting Megan EZ coilovers IS250 AWD

Hey,
How do I go about adjusting the coilovers to have a two inch drop from the stock AWD height without continually putting it on the lift and messing with it. Is there a way to determine what a 2 inch drop would be on the coilovers or is it a trial and error of adjusting it and measuring from the top of the fender? I want it to be 25 inches to the ground all around. Any help would be appreciated. I feel that there has to be an easier way than constantly measuring and taking the wheels off to determine what two inches is. Thanks again.
Old 01-25-13, 03:59 PM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Much of this is trail and error. You do not have to put the car on a lift each time you adjust them. Jack and jack stands will suffice. If you measure the difference between the two struts and the length of the springs you should be able to figure it out also.

Last edited by BernieIS; 01-25-13 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-02-14, 02:53 PM
keyur246
Driver

When did Megan start making coils for the AWD model? How are they?
Old 04-03-14, 11:45 AM
IS250TW
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by keyur246
When did Megan start making coils for the AWD model? How are they?
As I remember they (and BC, AFAIK they're the same company just different branded names and stuff?) are the first ones to make AWD coils

IMO they're okay, good enough for daily use but if you want to slam your car or go low offset, get BC with higher spring rates

(BTW I see you are studying at rutgers.. ever parked at livi parking lot? you might have seen my car lol)
Old 04-11-14, 07:59 AM
keyur246
Driver

Ohh ok so would I be fine with megans if i wanna lower just enough to get rid of the wheel gap? I study at rutgers newark but im down at the livi campus often, ill keep an eye out for your car! I think i may have seen it once

Originally Posted by IS250TW
As I remember they (and BC, AFAIK they're the same company just different branded names and stuff?) are the first ones to make AWD coils

IMO they're okay, good enough for daily use but if you want to slam your car or go low offset, get BC with higher spring rates

(BTW I see you are studying at rutgers.. ever parked at livi parking lot? you might have seen my car lol)
Old 04-11-14, 09:37 AM
IS250TW
Lead Lap

Ohh ok so would I be fine with megans if i wanna lower just enough to get rid of the wheel gap? I study at rutgers newark but im down at the livi campus often, ill keep an eye out for your car! I think i may have seen it once
Yeah to get rid of the wheel gap should be enough
(That's pretty low already lol)

I graduated from Rutgers at 2013 so only little chance you'll see me (but I live around the area so probably )
Old 04-14-14, 05:38 AM
DaMitsuMan
Rookie

Yup, I had them on mine, and I had the fenders 25 inches from the ground all around and it killed the wheel gap. It looked awesome and for the price they are good. You will most likely experience the shake at stop lights so be prepared for that.
Old 04-14-14, 10:19 AM
rushi450
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaMitsuMan
Yup, I had them on mine, and I had the fenders 25 inches from the ground all around and it killed the wheel gap. It looked awesome and for the price they are good. You will most likely experience the shake at stop lights so be prepared for that.
how are the Megans with handling, do they make it better or is there no difference at all. From what i heard about them from a buddy that had them on his accord the handling was just like stock. (i know that the 2is is totally different from the Accord obviously)
Old 04-15-14, 05:16 AM
DaMitsuMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by rushi450
how are the Megans with handling, do they make it better or is there no difference at all. From what i heard about them from a buddy that had them on his accord the handling was just like stock. (i know that the 2is is totally different from the Accord obviously)
It was stiffer, and body roll was reduced. The ride is a bit harder but not terrible.
Old 04-15-14, 06:36 AM
aspeckt
Lead Lap

is it possible for these coils to lower on their own over time?

i just started rubbing on my front drivers side wheel well and i've never rubbed there before. I've been on these coils since March 2012. they have about 40k miles on them.
Old 04-15-14, 09:06 AM
DaMitsuMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by aspeckt
is it possible for these coils to lower on their own over time?

i just started rubbing on my front drivers side wheel well and i've never rubbed there before. I've been on these coils since March 2012. they have about 40k miles on them.
That I can't help you with. I only put about 6 thousand miles on them before I traded it in. I would assume they wouldn't settle but I could be wrong on that and coils will eventually wear out.