Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Wild Front End...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-13, 02:55 AM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wild Front End...

S far I have put over 5000 miles on my SC ever since I got it in September. I have only driven it in rain and bumpy roads only very few times. I live 15 minutes outside of downtown DC where the roads are rough. And it hasn't rained much.

I haven't had the chance to raise my car up and check stuff out yet... But was hoping if anyone else may know or had same experiences.

I have GS L Tuned wheels, 18x8 F and 18x9.5 R, on Tein CS w/EDC (not hooked up). Ride height is close to factory, not lowered.

Anyone seen how some roads that have buses and trucks run on it constantly and there's two grooves in the pavement from the weight on the tires? There's plenty of that in DC. I had to drive into DC recently. Going through an intersection, I had a green light doing around 35. I came across those wear grooves in the road. Literally, my car wanted to go to the lowest part of the groove, yanking the steering wheel. My heart raced once because I really came close to a damn construction wall when it did it to me almost off guard. However, potholes, speed bumps, etc. the steering wheel is fine.

In the rain, same thing. If it's moderately pouring, my steering wheel would feel like it's being turned so I have to be more cautious. It's only on highways when I'm traveling at 60 (speed limit is 65). My back tires are wore down to the wear bars, this is my first RWD car so I'm not sure is it because of the rear tires hydroplaning or combination of both my front end issue and it.

Other than that, dry smooth pavement at any speed, all is good. Steering is very responsive (when I am the one steering). The car does veer slightly to the right when I let go of the steering wheel.
Old 01-24-13, 02:10 PM
Lexsingle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need to get an alignment done. that's why the car is pulling to the right, the situation only gets worse when you are driving on uneven road especially if it's on the right.
Old 02-07-13, 07:19 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

road crown is the spawn of satan with lowered vehicle/incorrect alignments.

Get some new tires, then a good alignment. Also, check out your rack and pinion bushings. If they are worn badly, your rack will shift slightly as well without you turning the wheel. This will cause a "loose" feeling in the steering. Bad rack bushings are common with our SCs
Old 02-08-13, 01:48 AM
greens14
Lead Lap

this is called tramlining . the guys above are correct.