Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

BC Extreme Drop Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-13, 06:12 PM
kamikaze04
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PlatGS3
The bottom I used about 4 screw to hold that thing on but the part that goes right under the grill always comes off cause Im using double sided tape. But its only the passenger side that comes off even though I hit both sides.

You got it off the Matco tool truck ?? What is the name of the glue ? Let me know ! I need it bad lol
Sorry it took me so long to find out the product name. It is called rapidfix and here's a link http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0056D66JA
Old 01-08-13, 08:16 PM
PlatGS3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet. Let me know when you get em on. I'd like to check it out in person if you don't mind. I still haven't seen Jakes new GS yet. I like his new wheels though

Originally Posted by Kyanite
Yo Plat. This is Carlos. I'm one of Jake's friends with the black GS3 out here in Portland. I'm ordering a set of BC coils on the extreme drop kit here hopefully by the end of the month. Going to run a 20/18 as well here. If you plan on SLAMMING be sure to get the higher spring rates. I know roads aren't TOO bad, but there's always those few areas out here.
Old 01-08-13, 08:17 PM
PlatGS3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks brotha ! Will order in a couple of days.

Originally Posted by kamikaze04
Sorry it took me so long to find out the product name. It is called rapidfix and here's a link http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0056D66JA
Old 01-09-13, 03:17 AM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts

thanks I'll definitely take a look at this when I take my winter wheels off. I was opening my cousins brand new BCs for his TL today and I don't think they come preloaded from the factory. I can jiggle the spring a little bit but I can easily spin the spring with my hand.

Originally Posted by racersky
AVSRacing that clapping/clunking noise is not a normal thing. The noise is telling you that your springs preload is off. To correct this you have to jack the car up and take the wheel off.

1. Once wheel is off grip the spring with your hand jiggle it side to side or back and forth which ever your preference. If there's a lot of movement that means your preloads are off.

2. The collars at the bottom of the spring break the second one free and then tighten the first one until the the the spring has less play but not too tight you still want a little play.

3. Once that is done screw the second back up to tighten it against the first and then you should be set.
Old 06-23-13, 04:09 AM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

almost 6 months in and no updates op?? just picked up another gs and debating on the spring rates as well. either 16\14 or 18\16. i like riding slammed but hate bottoming out constantly. had stance coilovers and i believe it was 14\12 and it bottomed out on full stiff...
Old 06-23-13, 08:29 AM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by AVSRacing

on the side know there is a bit of a clapping/ clunking noise over bumps in residential streets but I'm not sure if thats normal or what.
It's most likely not the preload from my experience (although it's not a bad idea to check that first).

It's the shock cartridge itself going bad. I just spoke to Megan Racing about this and they told me that when the shock starts to go bad, you will get a rattle coming from the shocks. FIGS explains it well here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7982637-post326.html

This was happening on my passenger side rear. I replaced the top hat, the carrier bushings, the sway bar bushings, the sway bar links, nothing helped... Finally it was recommended to me to swap the shock itself. That cured it. After only 20K miles, it was discouraging to see the shock go bad so soon.
Old 10-03-13, 06:55 PM
jdmdredloc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
I'm running 14/12 works fine for me. It's all based on preference really. They told me the stock 10/8 would be fine but from past experience I bumped It way up
I hope these do ride good..I just ordered the same setup..