Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Best Handling/Looking suspension compromise for BAD roads (NYC)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-13, 04:35 PM
roc
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the supra tt agx ajustables with the supra eibach springs,this setup is pretty harsh with nyc roads,because all of our roads is f***ed up, so there is no right settings.on the otherhand my cousin have the megan streets which is like a stock ride.this is my ride with the setup
Attached Thumbnails Best Handling/Looking suspension compromise for BAD roads (NYC)-photo-4-.jpg  
Old 01-14-13, 03:30 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by roc
i have the supra tt agx ajustables with the supra eibach springs,this setup is pretty harsh with nyc roads,because all of our roads is f***ed up, so there is no right settings.on the otherhand my cousin have the megan streets which is like a stock ride.this is my ride with the setup
I'm glad you posted. I was about to buy that exact Supra setup this week. Good to know it's harsh here.
Is it harsh to the point where you want them off? or just bad on the worst of roads?
(Nice , Clean SC!)
The Megan street coilover rides nicer than your AGX shocks and eibach springs? WOW! Thats good to know. How is it better than stock? What makes it worth the money?

Now I am looking at those. The price isn't much different.

Thanks RoC!
Old 01-15-13, 07:25 PM
roc
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
I'm glad you posted. I was about to buy that exact Supra setup this week. Good to know it's harsh here.
Is it harsh to the point where you want them off? or just bad on the worst of roads?
(Nice , Clean SC!)
The Megan street coilover rides nicer than your AGX shocks and eibach springs? WOW! Thats good to know. How is it better than stock? What makes it worth the money?

Now I am looking at those. The price isn't much different.

Thanks RoC!
no problem man,the supra agx would be ideal if our roads were like florida roads,i'm going with coilovers soon ,don't know what brand yet.my cuz sc with the megan ride like stock,but he's not really that lowered yet
Old 01-17-13, 06:03 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

roads here in chicago are pretty bad too. I have Supra TT KYB struts and Tein lowering springs on my sc400, and they feel better then the Tein basic coilovers i had before. but its still harsh. I wouldn't do it again though so with my 97 sc300 im just saving up a little bit more and geting STANCE coilovers. Everyone that has them seems to love the way they ride.
Old 04-02-13, 03:42 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Question

Originally Posted by SEXC
This would be my first choice due to price. If you want a smoother ride you can always go with a softer spring.

One of the best but expensive coilovers for bumpy roads are KW's. My friend has a set on his car and it rode beautifully so I purchased some. I hope to have them installed by next week.
Any word on those KW's? How are they so far?
Old 04-02-13, 05:01 PM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NF210/Tokico blues. If you want to go lower Megan Coils.

My NF210/Tokico setup rides great. We have ****ty roads up in Montreal so I wouldn't even want to go any lower than this setup. Super happy with it. Been running it for 3 summers now.
Old 04-05-13, 07:58 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Question

Originally Posted by Clean400

My NF210/Tokico setup rides great. We have ****ty roads up in Montreal so I wouldn't even want to go any lower than this setup. Super happy with it. Been running it for 3 summers now.
Are those the NF210's in your sig pic?
Old 04-08-13, 04:57 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Question

Originally Posted by Clean400

Can you post some pics of the drop please?