Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

FIGS Front Lower Arm Rear Mount #2 Poly Bushing 90 duro HP

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-15, 05:05 PM
ChickenIS
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FIGS
There are just a few we are missing. But we can come close especially on the ones that matter.
most our sway bushings are 80 durometer, but the real benefit is in the lubrication features. Sticky sway bar bushings are what I estimate cause the majority of bar breakages.
Mike
Never had a sway break, but I have heard of it happening. Scary sheet.
Old 02-08-15, 06:47 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

There are just a few we are missing. But we can come close especially on the ones that matter.
most our sway bushings are 80 durometer, but the real benefit is in the lubrication features. Sticky sway bar bushings are what I estimate cause the majority of bar breakages.
Mike
Hope those rear diff bushings come back soon!
Old 02-10-15, 08:10 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Hope those rear diff bushings come back soon!
yes looking at next week.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 03-13-15, 03:24 AM
Gatriel
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just messaged them to see about shipping to the Fatherland.

I gotta get this done and then align the car ASAP. The inside tread of my tires currently are completely bald -- while the rest of the tires are ok. I am not interested in playing patty cakes with my car, and given that I am putting new Summer tires on the car tomorrow -- this needs to get done.

FIGS, anyway I can order these pre-mounted in bushing "brackets" (for lack of a better word)?
Old 03-14-15, 01:53 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatriel
Just messaged them to see about shipping to the Fatherland.

I gotta get this done and then align the car ASAP. The inside tread of my tires currently are completely bald -- while the rest of the tires are ok. I am not interested in playing patty cakes with my car, and given that I am putting new Summer tires on the car tomorrow -- this needs to get done.

FIGS, anyway I can order these pre-mounted in bushing "brackets" (for lack of a better word)?
yep responded.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 03-15-15, 01:02 AM
Gatriel
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep responded.
Mike
And ordered.

Thanks Mike.
Old 04-18-15, 08:28 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

I might not be following something correctly.

I am not sure how one can lubricate the inner sleeve after the whole assembly is installed on the car...there is no way you can push it out of the poly bushing while the two body mounting nuts are still on the LCA bushing bracket. You would have to take the whole assembly back off the car and then gently tap it out with rubber hammer and some sort of punch (maybe end of a wrench?).

Also, how are you guys installing these?
Running your car up on ramps and leaving the tires on?
Putting the car on jackstands and removing the front tires?
Old 04-19-15, 05:31 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
I might not be following something correctly.

I am not sure how one can lubricate the inner sleeve after the whole assembly is installed on the car...there is no way you can push it out of the poly bushing while the two body mounting nuts are still on the LCA bushing bracket. You would have to take the whole assembly back off the car and then gently tap it out with rubber hammer and some sort of punch (maybe end of a wrench?).

Since I installed mine a few months ago, I haven't had the need to relube the inner sleeve but from reading the instructional posts on page 6 such as this...

you should be able to loosen the LCA nut and push the center tube out with a screw driver, then coat the leading edge and push it back in.
...it looks like there's enough of a gap between the center bolt and the inner sleeve to insert a very thin screwdriver (like the ones you get for repairing glasses) in order to slide that sleeve out. Hopefully that assumption is correct.

When I installed my LCA brackets, I had simply put the car on jackstands and left the front tires on.
Old 04-20-15, 01:57 PM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Mike
Replying to an old post, but...

What about rear sub-frame bushings, any plans for upgrades to those? I would think that these cars (IS F especially) would benefit greatly from stiffer bushings there. IIRC redspencer had to adapt some from a Supra.
Old 04-21-15, 10:10 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by WylieKylie
What about rear sub-frame bushings, any plans for upgrades to those? I would think that these cars (IS F especially) would benefit greatly from stiffer bushings there. IIRC redspencer had to adapt some from a Supra.
The bushings that I replaced using Supra race parts were for the rear differential ear mounts. The OEM rubber bushings were swapped out with solid aluminum ones that were originally designed for the Supra but were slightly modified by Titan Motorsports to fit my differential carrier.

The only rear sub-frame mod I've done was replacing the OEM rear crossmember braces with some billet aluminum ones. You can see both the solid aluminum differential mounts and the rear sub-frame braces here:

The following users liked this post:
Hasny999 (08-27-22)
Old 04-28-15, 11:32 AM
andper10
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I believe you have to use jackstands on the front (or a lift) so the front tires are off the ground in order to get the necessary deflection (recommended to use the spare tire wrench for this) of the front suspension (and attached wheel/tire) to remove the old bracket/bushing and install the new one. Wheel removal was not necessary for me, but it would probably make the deflection less difficult by reducing the weight you have to push against.

After hand tightening everything, I jacked up the car, removed the front jack stands, and lowered it onto front ramps in order to torque everything down while the front suspension was loaded to prevent the bushings from being under stress while parked.
Old 05-09-15, 02:59 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

I put my bushings on today....

First, some things:

1) Get an impact gun to loosen the bolts.
2) Get a long pry bar to deflect the Lower Control Arm.
3) Take the wheels off, so you can use the longer pry bar and get leverage without the wheel in the way.
4) If you use the jack spot in front of the oil pan, you will probably have to jack one side of the car up first a bit to get the big jack under the front of the car...

The steering seems better at higher/spirited speeds...haven't notice any low speed improvement. This could all be in my head.

I'll take the car to get aligned later, but it appears to track straight.

Also, I see absolutely no way you are lubing up the bushing between the poly material and the small tube that the LCA threaded stud goes through without taking the whole bushing assembly off the car.

I'm assuming no, but do these bushings impact our caster?
Old 05-11-15, 08:49 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm assuming no, but do these bushings impact our caster?
The only affect that the bushings have on static alignment is the ever-so-small change in the position of the bushing that happens when you remove bolts and re-install them.

It won't affect castor in a noticeable way, and even if it did there is no way to adjust it.
Old 05-11-15, 10:04 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 580 Likes on 390 Posts

You can adjust caster +/- 20' (0.33°) by replacing the bracket (Lexus offers both) if you really want to.

I ended up trying to avoid the maintenance of poly bushings, so I ordered these bushings from an RC F instead. They are noticeably stiffer than the factory 2IS, but still retain the rubber design like the factory ones.

Never having used the Figs ones I can't compare them, but the stability under braking is definitely improved.

Jeff
The following users liked this post:
bradwal (07-27-23)
Old 05-11-15, 02:26 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
You can adjust caster +/- 20' (0.33°) by replacing the bracket (Lexus offers both) if you really want to.

I ended up trying to avoid the maintenance of poly bushings, so I ordered these bushings from an RC F instead. They are noticeably stiffer than the factory 2IS, but still retain the rubber design like the factory ones.

Never having used the Figs ones I can't compare them, but the stability under braking is definitely improved.

Jeff
Thanks for the caster tip Jeff!

What part number are you using for your LCA bushings? And how much did you pay?

I'm coming from an 08 IS-F, which as I understand it has a different part number from a regular 2nd gen IS.

Quick Reply: FIGS Front Lower Arm Rear Mount #2 Poly Bushing 90 duro HP