Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

FIGS Front Lower Arm Rear Mount #2 Poly Bushing 90 duro HP

Old 05-24-13, 09:29 PM
ChickenIS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkchylde
Getting these installed tomorrow, has there been a noticeable improvement in inside tire wear since you installed them? Thanks.
Inner edges of front tires look really good and doesn't touch the road.
Old 06-04-13, 01:11 PM
Darkchylde
Driver School Candidate

Very nice to hear, thanks for the reply!
Old 09-07-13, 03:36 PM
ChickenIS
Pole Position

I drove the car last weekend and lastnight, still feels good. The inside rear view mirror does rattle more than before.
Old 09-09-13, 03:27 AM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ChickenIS
I drove the car last weekend and lastnight, still feels good. The inside rear view mirror does rattle more than before.
Mine rattled prior to the bushing install so no change there. As for the tires, I don't have uneven wear like I used to.
Old 09-09-13, 02:55 PM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Could you guys with these bushings and no uneven tire wear comment on how many miles since you installed the bushings?
Old 09-10-13, 09:26 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

really GOOD INVESTMENT MAN! FIGS products are the best around! and the owner Mike is a really cool guy! Nice pics!
Old 11-14-13, 06:04 PM
ChickenIS
Pole Position

The bushings have been on the car for just under 1 year and 19k+ miles. I just did an oil change Monday and the inside of the front tires look good. I will post photos soon.
Old 11-23-13, 01:19 PM
joedad
Rookie

Question Figs front LCA poly bushing

If the tire tread pattern allows, do you think it would be a good idea to spent the money and have a tire shop cross swap front tires putting the outer tread to the inside for greater distance , maybe around 15K depending on how they look? Earlier or later as needed.
Old 11-27-13, 05:15 PM
joedad
Rookie

I read the instructions for the bushings install and they are vague about what does get greased and what doesn't. Are there any better directions? I don't want to grease something I'm not supposed to. Thanks for any info.
Old 12-04-13, 02:01 AM
240M3SRT
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, im very interested in this. I like that you can take your hands off the wheel when stopping over bumps and still track straight...thats overly impressive. But how does this mod actually allow the front tires to not wear down on the inside? Is it similar to a camber correction kit...meaning you will surely have to tell the Lexus dealer(or whomever) exact custom alignment settings seeing as how if they set it to "Lexus spec" it will be no different than stock? Maybe im missing something here, please advise.
Old 12-08-13, 01:16 PM
ChickenIS
Pole Position

Default Photos of tires (finally) 20k miles old with FIGS

First time getting 20k miles our of front tires. The way they look now we should be able to get a full 40k miles out of these.
Attached Thumbnails FIGS Front Lower Arm Rear Mount #2 Poly Bushing 90 duro HP-img_4019.jpg   FIGS Front Lower Arm Rear Mount #2 Poly Bushing 90 duro HP-img_4028.jpg  
Old 12-08-13, 01:21 PM
ChickenIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by joedad
I read the instructions for the bushings install and they are vague about what does get greased and what doesn't. Are there any better directions? I don't want to grease something I'm not supposed to. Thanks for any info.
The only part that needs grease is the outside of the insert where the bolt goes.
Old 12-08-13, 01:24 PM
ChickenIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by joedad
If the tire tread pattern allows, do you think it would be a good idea to spent the money and have a tire shop cross swap front tires putting the outer tread to the inside for greater distance , maybe around 15K depending on how they look? Earlier or later as needed.
Yes, but the steering will be very darty. I did this twice since the car was new and it bought more time until we ended up buying more tires. Looking at the baldness on the outside of the tires after swapping them made we want to get tires sooner.
Old 12-08-13, 01:33 PM
ChickenIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
OK, im very interested in this. I like that you can take your hands off the wheel when stopping over bumps and still track straight...thats overly impressive. But how does this mod actually allow the front tires to not wear down on the inside? Is it similar to a camber correction kit...meaning you will surely have to tell the Lexus dealer(or whomever) exact custom alignment settings seeing as how if they set it to "Lexus spec" it will be no different than stock? Maybe im missing something here, please advise.
No alignment needed after installing the bushings. I did an alignment after installing the new bushings because the car has lifetime alignments. The alignment was the same and needed no adjustment.

The amount of toe change while driving is where this mod helps inner tire wear as no alignment changes are necessary. The toe change is just whacky with the amount of deflection on the stock bushings. The FIGS video of the ISF shows this.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...eo-inside.html
Old 12-08-13, 07:27 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

^That is WAY too soft; I would have never expected that to be honest! Guess there's another upgrade I'll have to go down the road. LOL!

Last edited by Gville350; 12-09-13 at 12:03 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FIGS Front Lower Arm Rear Mount #2 Poly Bushing 90 duro HP