Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Looking to buy this complete brake kit on ebay, recommendations??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-12, 09:02 AM
snaggle
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking to buy this complete brake kit on ebay, recommendations??

Hey guys, so I was looking to get some slotted/drilled rotors for my 08 IS350. I did a search on ebay and found a complete set including ceramic brake pads for a great deal.

So I figured I might aswell buy the whole thing.

So here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-K...5465de&vxp=mtr

So, do you guys think it seems to be of good quality? Is it worth it? Are there other better brands out there in a similar price range worth mentioning/looking at?
Old 10-25-12, 09:32 AM
azndriver
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://knsbrakes.com/

give this place a try...

sure they can plan out a brake setup that is within your budget and better quality then ebay

and when doing brakes, dont forget to change the brake fluid as well
Old 10-25-12, 12:08 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

I've purchased items from R1 in the past, and they are a good ebay company to purchase from. BUT, even with them being a good company to purchase from...those rotors could be of higher quality. The details they listed on the close-up of the rotor are all good attributes to have, but you have to have a solid core/rotor to start from. I would recommend a Centric/PowerSlot rotor, as their cores are of higher quality. I have their slotted (not drilled) front and rear rotors. Very nice pieces, quality machining, and R&D behind each rotor design unique to the vehicle.

Though I purchased my rotors from importRP.com, I found that after a coupon code for buybrakes.com was added this site was cheaper.

http://www.buybrakes.com/c-76-brake-rotors.aspx
Old 10-25-12, 12:34 PM
snaggle
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
I've purchased items from R1 in the past, and they are a good ebay company to purchase from. BUT, even with them being a good company to purchase from...those rotors could be of higher quality. The details they listed on the close-up of the rotor are all good attributes to have, but you have to have a solid core/rotor to start from. I would recommend a Centric/PowerSlot rotor, as their cores are of higher quality. I have their slotted (not drilled) front and rear rotors. Very nice pieces, quality machining, and R&D behind each rotor design unique to the vehicle.

Though I purchased my rotors from importRP.com, I found that after a coupon code for buybrakes.com was added this site was cheaper.

http://www.buybrakes.com/c-76-brake-rotors.aspx
Thanks for the input, makes a lot of sense. HOWEVER, the question that I have now, is that is it really worth paying THAT much more to get one of these better brands? Because in the deal I have here on Ebay, you get front, rear, AND Ceramic pads for F & R. So the full complete kit for $280... As opposed to paying at least double (600+) for the full kit?

In addition, though, I did like the site you linked me! Many good brands here! Im gonna be looking into them for sure, and see what deals I can find...
Old 10-25-12, 02:28 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Well, put it this way...would you do dare tempt faint with so-so brakes from an unknown manufacturer or spend the money on good. proven parts? No saying those rotors won't work or do the job, but they don't release many details about from whom/where the blanks/cores are sourced and whom does the slotting/drilling.

GL on your decision.