Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-sport Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-12, 09:16 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^40,000 when they sunk @1"
@55000 when the left front was not responding properly and caused scalloped tire wear.

By the way I got my car back and it definitely rides better than the standard. Just a very nice clean road feel. I love it.
Old 10-29-12, 06:00 AM
lexusis07
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

im at 73k and i just thought my ride sucked *** because i ride on 25 series tires lol, then when i was getting the brakes done last weekend the mechanic asked if i had ever replaced shocks n struts. did some research on here and sure enough i probably should have done that about 20k miles ago. but i called my dealer and im taking it in this week to get new shocks under warrantee.
Old 10-29-12, 07:37 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Shocks are covered under warranty?
Old 10-29-12, 08:29 AM
lexusis07
Driver

yeah i guess i called them just for ****s and giggles to see and sure enough they said bring it down and we'll do it. its certified pro owned warrantee, idk if that makes any difference..
Old 10-29-12, 09:40 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Huh...the dumb nuts at Sewell Lexus did nothing when I took my car in for harsh suspension. They claimed everything is OK. I even left the car with them for a full week. Finally, I just replaced all of mine with F-sport and what a difference it makes. Evidently they claimed that no shocks were leaking, which means everything is OK.
Old 10-29-12, 11:23 AM
lexusis07
Driver

i even told the lady on the phone there just wore out from milage and she said yeah no problems there covered. but yeah i looked at the f sports they look sick i want them but im still recovering from my wheels lol
Old 10-29-12, 05:53 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

I have now about 300 miles on the new shocks and they keep getting better and better. Today driving back home, they were absolutely comfortable. None of the harshness that was there initially. Awesome!

Oh...and they are definitely better than the stock luxury shocks. The factory shocks are just a shame because they are neither firm nor comfortable. The F-sport shocks with the factory springs is definitely turning out the way I expected.

Last edited by chikoo; 10-29-12 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-01-12, 06:28 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Hooves of a galloping horse!

That is the sound to die for in a sports car when it goes over the road joints at speed. That is the sound I now hear with the f-sport shocks in place after 500 miles. Woooohooo!!!!!
Old 11-02-12, 07:56 AM
lexusis07
Driver

so i took it in for the shocks, my service advisor first tells me that my warrantee expired the night before my appointment, fml. but after some arguing and a quick talk with the manager they were willing to do it just because i had made the appointment a week ago, and no one had contacted me saying hey come in a day early if you want it done under warrantee. but in the end they determined that the shocks are preforming 100% and because i have 20" wheels and quote lots of heavy stereo equipment thats why it might feel like the shocks are dead. i just shook my head and left. idc how good a shock is there not ment to last more then 50-60k so it looks like ill be going f sport soon.
Old 11-02-12, 08:41 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Sad to hear. I got the BS that shocks are not leaking so they are OK.
I told them that the ride height has dropped and they looked at me like I was speaking klingonese.
Old 11-13-12, 06:11 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

So this weekend, I filled up the car with 4 adults and went on 2 hour trip on all the good, bad and ugly roads in Dallas. Wow. What a difference that made. The suspension is now PERFECT !!!! It sure looks like it got the exercise it so badly needed to break in.
Old 08-20-13, 08:07 AM
rosschang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
The car stands a lot higher now. The factory shocks were *shot* and the huggers at Sewell Lexus kept saying All Ok. What a bunch of crock.
Digging up an old thread, I'm headed the same route, stock spring + F-sport dampers

What do you mean 'The car stands a lot higher now' ? do you mean putting in the F-sport dampers increased your car's height? bigger wheel gaps?...
Old 08-20-13, 12:01 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

didnt make it higher, his old shocks were blown and sagged lower than stock. The new ones just brought it back to stock height

this thread is good to know whenever my shocks go out I will just get F Sport ones
Old 07-23-14, 12:01 PM
shiro123
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was on factory f-sport suspension and after reading ur post i switched shocks to bilsteins f sport as well. The ride is so much better no more jittery ride from the original stock ride. However, when the stock springs were going on, the old insulators wouldn't fit the new perches........ so all 4 springs were installed without the insulators.. wonderin if thats going to do anything. But so far no problems
Old 08-25-15, 05:37 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Default Update

As of today, I have 107,000 miles on the car with the f-sport shocks. The car rides beautiful even today. Also to note I have no longer the inner tread wear problem.

Quick Reply: F-sport Shocks