F-sport lowering springs? - Page 3 - Club Lexus Forums


F-sport lowering springs?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-12, 11:43 AM   #31
nitrotang
Lead Lap
iTrader: (2)
 
nitrotang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 514
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I thought that getting larger diameter wheels would lessen the wheel gap, no? Isn't going from 17's to 18's, assuming tires being constant size, a 1/2" up from the ground, and a 1/2" decrease in wheel gap?
nitrotang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 12:13 PM   #32
reyoasian
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
reyoasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrotang View Post
I thought that getting larger diameter wheels would lessen the wheel gap, no? Isn't going from 17's to 18's, assuming tires being constant size, a 1/2" up from the ground, and a 1/2" decrease in wheel gap?

For example

I had stock 17 on 225/45 meaning sidewall is 225*0.45=101.25mm
Total diameter would be 101.25*2 + (17*25.4) = 634.3mm

My new 18 is on 225/40 meaning sidewall is 225*40=90mm
Total diameter would be 90*x + (18*25.4) = 637.2mm

Difference is only 2.9mm which means my wheel gap shrunk by like 1.5mm which is nothing

If I got 225/45 on my 18 then yes would be half inch increase all around, but there's also problem of rubbing
Usually people always go lower profile than stock, but like 225/40 is a pretty common size on 18x9

Last edited by reyoasian; 09-28-12 at 12:17 PM.
reyoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 12:58 PM   #33
nitrotang
Lead Lap
iTrader: (2)
 
nitrotang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 514
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyoasian View Post
For example

I had stock 17 on 225/45 meaning sidewall is 225*0.45=101.25mm
Total diameter would be 101.25*2 + (17*25.4) = 634.3mm

My new 18 is on 225/40 meaning sidewall is 225*40=90mm
Total diameter would be 90*x + (18*25.4) = 637.2mm

Difference is only 2.9mm which means my wheel gap shrunk by like 1.5mm which is nothing

If I got 225/45 on my 18 then yes would be half inch increase all around, but there's also problem of rubbing
Usually people always go lower profile than stock, but like 225/40 is a pretty common size on 18x9
Ahh, okay. That makes much more sense. Thanks for the explanation!
nitrotang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 01:06 PM   #34
reyoasian
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
reyoasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Try to stay away from anything with a 35 in it lol they get expensive
reyoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 01:11 PM   #35
KeleIS250
Driver
 
KeleIS250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wa
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
KeleIS250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 01:16 PM   #36
nitrotang
Lead Lap
iTrader: (2)
 
nitrotang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 514
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeleIS250 View Post


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Are you dropped on F-sports? Are those 19's?
nitrotang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 01:23 PM   #37
KeleIS250
Driver
 
KeleIS250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wa
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrotang View Post
Are you dropped on F-sports? Are those 19's?
Yes and Yes
KeleIS250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 03:02 PM   #38
mcontis13
Driver School Candidate
 
mcontis13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ca
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just got done with putting the H&R on mine. Its a perfect drop for me, not too much at all, and i like the new feel. Just went with springs, might go for struts next. But for now, really impressed with the feel.
mcontis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-12, 08:15 AM   #39
reyoasian
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
reyoasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcontis13 View Post
Just got done with putting the H&R on mine. Its a perfect drop for me, not too much at all, and i like the new feel. Just went with springs, might go for struts next. But for now, really impressed with the feel.
H&R ftw not a HUGE difference in drop (in numbers) compared to like FSport or HTech but makes a big difference in the looks I think
reyoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 09:53 AM   #40
jsmacks
Lead Lap
 
jsmacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kailua, HI
Posts: 459
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Here you go.. some facts taken directly from each source:

2IS F-Sport springs:



Eibach Pro Kit:




F-Sport drop level = Front - .98" / Rear - .75"

Eibach drop level = Front - 1" / Rear - .8"


As you can see.. the difference here is literally down to hundredths of a decimal. How can anyone say that Eibach's make that much of a difference when compared to genuine Lexus F-Sport springs?


Give me F-Sport.. all.. day.. long.
jsmacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 10:04 AM   #41
bob4256
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
bob4256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 4,964
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmacks View Post
Here you go.. some facts taken directly from each source:

2IS F-Sport springs:



Eibach Pro Kit:




F-Sport drop level = Front - .98" / Rear - .75"

Eibach drop level = Front - 1" / Rear - .8"


As you can see.. the difference here is literally down to hundredths of a decimal. How can anyone say that Eibach's make that much of a difference when compared to genuine Lexus F-Sport springs?


Give me F-Sport.. all.. day.. long.
Fsport springs are made by eibach, they just have the Fsport logo slapped on.
bob4256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 11:10 AM   #42
jsmacks
Lead Lap
 
jsmacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kailua, HI
Posts: 459
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4256 View Post
Fsport springs are made by eibach, they just have the Fsport logo slapped on.


..which makes this debate get even funnier by the minute..


..and in that case, there's no question which I would install. Less aftermarket/more OEM = better resale value and appeal.

If it's not made by or for Lexus/Toyota, it doesn't go on my vehicle. Just me.
jsmacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-14, 08:14 AM   #43
albertgoq
Pole Position
 
albertgoq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Antipolo
Posts: 206
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

quite surprised with the drop, thought it wouldn't drop this low

albertgoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 01:23 PM   #44
FSportIS
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 2,182
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

First of all, Eibach makes the lower springs for Lexus and Lexus calls it F Sport.

Second of all, there are 2 Eibach Pro Kit for the IS:

Eibach Pro Kit for IS350 part# 8287.140: Front - 1" / Rear - .8"

such as this on Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EIBACH-PRO-K...75a76c&vxp=mtr

Eibach Pro Kit for IS250 part # 8288.140:
Front - 1.4'' / Rear - .8''


such as this on Ebay




Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmacks View Post
Here you go.. some facts taken directly from each source:

2IS F-Sport springs:



Eibach Pro Kit:




F-Sport drop level = Front - .98" / Rear - .75"

Eibach drop level = Front - 1" / Rear - .8"


As you can see.. the difference here is literally down to hundredths of a decimal. How can anyone say that Eibach's make that much of a difference when compared to genuine Lexus F-Sport springs?


Give me F-Sport.. all.. day.. long.
FSportIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 05:44 PM   #45
comcongen
Rookie
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Look up RSXiMUS recent post for his car pictures, he just had the F-sport springs put in, the car looks low and really nice. If I didn't have a baby coming and 5 speedbumps and 2 dips close to my house, I would consider the F-port springs and shocks combo for simplicity.
comcongen is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lower Spring Insulator Rubbers albertgoq Suspension and Brakes 1 04-07-15 11:58 AM
Pics of lowered IS250 Non F-sport felixlau IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 25 05-19-14 01:34 PM
does anyone change the F-sport spring at Lexus dealer? sears1234 CT 200h Model (2011-present) 6 07-08-12 08:40 AM
f-sport springs with 20's linus73 Suspension and Brakes 23 02-27-12 06:56 AM
Question 4 one of F-Sporrts Line Part mrsardar IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 1 11-11-07 08:38 AM


Tags
2012, 3m, bra, club, coilovers, drop, fsport, gs350, is250, lexus, lowering, sale, sport, springs, stance

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved