Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

**** All 2GS300 Air Suspensions Info Thread****

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-12, 02:04 PM
1SickGS300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **** All 2GS300 Air Suspensions Info Thread****

**** This Section Is not for whose product is better than the others but more less whose product will fit and function properly on our Model vehicle, Preferably for budget builders. There is no since in spending 6 grand for a kit. I've seriously searched Months on all the Air suspension full kits, Air Management kits, Air bags, Air Struts, Universal air bags / struts, Cup kits and air cylinders.

Im still a little confused on whose setups work and doesn't ,when it come to the different suspension setups. There are numerous options to go with and all the info seems to be scattered around.

So i hope that this thread can help out any New and Old owners, looking to add Air to there rides. If we can collect any info pertaining to the 2nd generation Gs300 1998-2005 models only. This is some of the info that i have found/collecting by searching from other sites as well...

** Full bolt on Air Management Kits **
-These kits should come with everything needed to bolt in and be complete with air bags,struts,or shocks...Note: Our 98-2005 model is only shocks- Non McPherson and not struts, but some people still call them struts... Some of these kits cost more than others but basically do the same things. ( i will speak more on the suspension parts later)

** Air Management Kits **
- Most air managements kits consist of only the management portion of your system either by Digital and Manuel controls. These kits usually comes with all your air lines, DOT fittings, manifolds, choice of size tank and compressors of choice. ( I will speak about these more in detail later)

** Digital Management **
- There are many Companies that have these kits (no particular order)
Accuair, Airlift Auto Pilot V2, Air-Rex, K sport, Air Ride Technologies, Dakota digital, Air Runners. there are probably a few that i left out, but these are most notable..

** Manuel air kits **
-These kit are mostly used either with a Switch box or paddle shift toggles. Most of the above companies have these for less money, but they do the job. Some people still like running these setups because it does the job with out worrying bout your Digi going out.

**** These kits do vary because some are height base and pressured based, but they all will work and do what you need. Some just need a few adjustment on the fly, but really no biggie!! REALLY NO BIG ISSUE.

** Airbags,shocks.ETC **
- This is the part that gets loose in all the info///
I have been searching and from what i have gathered, is that Universal Air Suspension AKA UAS makes an air bag that goes over our Factory or Coil overs of choice with a 2.14 diameter. It will need extra brackets. also a company Uvair (aero sport bag) they look the same!
The brackets needed looks like flat plates and they make a billet upper mount..( Still haven't came to a conclusion of what both these do for our cars?) any info would be appreciated. also our cars will need a rear mount to place the air bag lower on the shock.. Same with certain coil overs but really haven't figured out which ones yet and how that works. so chime in cause this is what i hope this thread can be. A collection of info for our car model.
?? about some of these other products that i have notice out there. Anyone can chime in if you have any real experience with these. I have seen some companies that have universal air shocks/struts, Air over Easy street ,air ride short ,medium, and long AOS bellows and sleeves. What will work and what will be more efficient for the price?? What is our stock shock dimensions?

What are some good quality extra parts to keep the maintenance low for our kits? water traps, shut valves?

Where are the best spots to mount these extra parts? Water raps ,Etc..

Does any one have pics or a video of the best way to route the air lines and the air management wire harness through out the vehicle?

I have a Skinny 5 gallon Tank. Trying to figure out how to mount it in the trunk in the back of the raised section of our trunks. Do they make a mounting plate that will lift the tank higher for me?

Any info that i have left out or forgotten please kindly post the info here! Thanks Guys and Hope this helps everyone out!!

Last edited by 1SickGS300; 09-09-12 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-11-12, 03:50 PM
1SickGS300
Driver

Here is the link to the UAS Bracket info with The Aero Sport bags..Seems to still have a slight rubbing issue if you ride slammed?? Anyone can chime in if they know the exact fix for this. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...yb-struts.html
Old 09-11-12, 04:46 PM
1SickGS300
Driver

Here is another link with better detail pics on how to mount the bags with the UAS Brackets!http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/s...d-help!-please
Old 09-11-12, 07:41 PM
1SickGS300
Driver

How to custom build your air shocks ---> http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/07/h...-crafter-pack/
Old 09-11-12, 09:15 PM
1SickGS300
Driver

I still cant find the stock shock measurement but here are the measurements from the aftermarket coilover that fits are car. So a airshock close to this should be fine...

SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES:

APPLICATION: Lexus GS300/400 98-05

SPRING RATES:
F: 62mm ID; 200mm length; 10 kg/mm
R: 62mm ID; 200mm length; 8 kg/mm

DAMPER SPECS:
F: 115mm stroke; 250mm length; A2 valving code
R: 135mm stroke; 260mm length; A1 valving code
Old 09-27-12, 08:23 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I came on specifically to search this topic right now... Thanx
Im fine with my near stock H&R lowering springs... Until i go to a CL meet and everyone around me is dumpin down... Needless to say Air is on my list
Old 09-28-12, 04:54 PM
1SickGS300
Driver

Im glad i could help out in some way. Hopefully we can get more info directed to this thread. Im currently working on a suspension setup that we possibly will be able to run for half the cost of every air suspension company . so ill post more info once everything test out. Hopefully lol!
Old 10-12-12, 08:26 AM
4eign
Lead Lap

this is good! i see air-runner seems to be the setup of choice? i'm seriously considering going air, just concerned about ride quality etc.
Old 04-10-13, 09:46 AM
jtroger22
Driver School Candidate

OP, any update on the air suspension you have been working on?