Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

My GS430 is finally lowered! YAY!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-12, 04:40 PM
USMCLexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I have it now? Since it is finished?
Old 09-05-12, 05:55 PM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowGS4
Does your tire get caught in the rear fender well when driving on the freeway and hitting a dip? Im having this problem with my 20s and ez's. Car looks good!
Have you rolled your fenders? That might solve your problem. If its rolled and you're still having the same issue, I would look into a camber kit. I had 20x8.5/10 + 35 all around and it was rubbing. When I rolled the fenders, it eliminated the problem but now a new problem came into play. My tires were rubber against the rubber piece inside the wheel wells. You have 3 options. You can either use a heat gun and mold the plastic piece to make it higher, raise the car up, or remove the rubber piece all together. Last option isn't a wise idea but I chose to use the heat gun.
Old 09-05-12, 06:58 PM
CptCrunch
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YxUxMADDDD
I had mines at full stiff on stance coilovers with 10k/8k spring rate and the rides like chopped springs. The softer it is, the more it absorbs. If you're going over a small bump at 40 and your setting is at soft and at the drop you're at, your uca would most likely knock and you will have rubbing issues. As stated previously, you would have to keep adjusting and test driving to your liking. I'm currently at 6 click from soft in front and full stiff on rears. I'm still playing with mines though and I'm on stock 16 and tucking! I recently raised it to the top of the tires until I get rims. Hope that helps! 20's look good btw. I'd rock 20's cause tires are cheaper than 19's and 18's too small.. But that's just me. As far as the batwing, you can use it for cover from the sun or a coat hanger!
Thanks for your input. i will have to play with the dampening some more. maybe try full stiff in the rear and see how that feels. I was wondering if i raise up my car about 1 inch... will i need to set the preload on the springs again?

Originally Posted by SlowGS4
Does your tire get caught in the rear fender well when driving on the freeway and hitting a dip? Im having this problem with my 20s and ez's. Car looks good!
it barely hits but what i did was take off the wheels and start banging the part where its rubbing with a rubber mallet. now its alll GOOOD!

Originally Posted by repugnante
My how times have changed. What's funny is that you wouldn't have said this ten years ago...LOL

10 years ago i thought 18s were big lol. thats when i had my mustang with 18" saleen wheels.

Looks good homie. Love the black
Thanks breh haha. black on black gs430 my FAV!!!

Originally Posted by Lextasy671
good start man. take the wing out..and just cover it up with black tape. hahahaha..thats what i did for a lil while till i had it welded up at the shop.
its okay. sometimes i feel like using my car as a shopping cart lol when i go to walmart! hahahahha!

Originally Posted by PHML
Looks good!!! congrats
Thanks my dude!
Old 09-05-12, 07:02 PM
CptCrunch
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by USMCLexus
Can I have it now? Since it is finished?
sure i'll sell it to you cheap.

Have you rolled your fenders? That might solve your problem. If its rolled and you're still having the same issue, I would look into a camber kit. I had 20x8.5/10 + 35 all around and it was rubbing. When I rolled the fenders, it eliminated the problem but now a new problem came into play. My tires were rubber against the rubber piece inside the wheel wells. You have 3 options. You can either use a heat gun and mold the plastic piece to make it higher, raise the car up, or remove the rubber piece all together. Last option isn't a wise idea but I chose to use the heat gun.
Yup. what he said. i had mine roll on all four corners and i took off the fender liner in the front. while i was doing that i starts banging metal parts that seems to be hitting the tires until its flat. no rubbing here except 3 point turns. lol!!
Old 09-06-12, 07:41 AM
gs400rpg
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toe links and RCA's next? How did the Alignment turn out? Some figs parts might help you out.
Old 09-06-12, 09:05 AM
CptCrunch
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gs400rpg
Toe links and RCA's next? How did the Alignment turn out? Some figs parts might help you out.
The shop near my place couldnt do the alignment. They have the machine where it attach on the outter tire instead on the outter rim. If anything I might raise up yhe car half an inch.
Old 09-06-12, 04:34 PM
msarahalex
Driver

looks clean
Old 09-06-12, 08:31 PM
AM21GS400
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Set it on 5-7 then test drive it. I'd also try to get rid of the bat wing on your bat mobile during your test drive =p

Looking good though bro!
haha idk why everyone hates on the stock wing, I love that thing.. looks dope! nice ride man!
Old 09-08-12, 11:56 AM
CptCrunch
Lead Lap

So I got my alignment done. Did it at Performance Auto in Fremont. My toe is within specs but man my camber is crazy. Rear camber is around -3.2 to -3.7 lol! Front is -2.3 to -2.6. Is it okay to drive like this? all I want is the toe to be within specs. Camber is already maxed out.
Old 09-12-12, 12:56 AM
a#'z
Lead Lap

After the drop, the gs looks cleaner. Thumbs up
Old 09-12-12, 12:58 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

looks a lot better
Old 09-12-12, 02:28 AM
vipers
Rookie

i like it!
Old 09-12-12, 11:26 AM
818GS
Lead Lap

I have my Megan ezs on full stiff. Doesn't really bother me.
Old 09-12-12, 07:04 PM
CptCrunch
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 818GS
I have my Megan ezs on full stiff. Doesn't really bother me.
Bouncey???? Thanks everyone for liking my whip. I came a long way from mustang, integra, sc300, gs300 and now my lovely gs430.
Old 09-13-12, 09:36 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great. I like the 20's and your setting as far as how lowered it is. The angle make the wheels look like 22". Very clean, classy, love it!

Quick Reply: My GS430 is finally lowered! YAY!