Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

AP GB Brakes installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-02, 12:34 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool AP GB Brakes installed [Added Pics]

Got the brakes installed today. Can't say much yet other than the pedal feel is *good*. Much more linear than before.

Had some serious heartburn until I figured out the brackets had been misboxed and the one for the left side was in the right side caliper/rotor box and vice-versa. They also put the stillen sticker on the brakes instead of the yellow AP Racing. I'll see if I can have them send that out and replace it.

Weather is crappy and it gets dark too soon to have gotten decent pics but I'll get some soon.

Last edited by Mr Johnson; 11-24-02 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-12-02, 12:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

put on the brakes already too, it's awesome. i was in the car during the break in, man what a nice setup. and my break in is almost over too, the pedal feeling is awesome and the braking power is definitely incredible.

been raining like hell the past few days so can't take any pics. will do that this weekend.

it's weird that they messed up the bracket, mine came ok. and yes, request the sticker, i got my yellow ap racing stickers already
Old 11-12-02, 01:22 AM
see_fu
Pole Position

hahah i had the same problem with my bimbos. For some reason the entire setup was put in the wrong box. More likely bimbo just put the wrong sticker on the wrong box. Thank god for them directional arrows on the caliper =)
Old 11-12-02, 09:14 PM
gsbill
Driver School Candidate

I'm glad to hear that everybody likes their brakes. I'm getting mine installed on the 18th. I've also got a L-sportline spring and shock kit I want to get installed at the same time and they quoted 4-5 hours (plus the brake install at appx 4.5 hours) Is this about right? seems a little long to me if the brakes are already off. Who installed your brake kit? Are you happy with the installation? Thanks for your help!
Old 11-13-02, 12:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

which part of CA are you in? so you are the 5th buyer?!?!?!

anyway, i got mine installed at tm engineering, top notch work i have to say. the installation would be like 4 hrs i would say. for spring, it won't take more than 2 hrs to install.
Old 11-13-02, 10:46 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Got mine installed at a friend of the familys shop. Took about 4.5 hrs clock time but a lot of that was due to the confusion over the mis-boxed part. Only got charged for 3 hrs of actual work.

I'm happy with the installation except for a really minor rubbing of the parking brake. They set the adjustment out as far as possible and I guess I'll just have to see if stops after some number of miles (BTW: I hope it's obvious but I'll state it explicitly. I also bought the rear rotors/pads/lines).

Last edited by Mr Johnson; 11-13-02 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-13-02, 12:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

umm.... can you explain a bit more on the rear parking brake adjustment? what exactly do you mean by rubbing?
Old 11-16-02, 03:52 PM
gsbill
Driver School Candidate

I'm in So Cal-Huntington Beach-. Yes I'm the 5th buyer, picked up my brakes last thursday and have an appt with TM Engineering to install next Tuesday. I CAN HARDLY WAIT!! I really appreciate the info you guys have available on this site and I am looking forward to meeting more of you. What are the chances of getting a track day together? My wifes MR2 club put together a day at willow springs (the big track-not streets of willow) last spring. The cost was about $200 and gave you ALL day on the track. We had so much fun-I was tuckered out by 3:30 and went home early. I was the only one there with a lexus and it went over real well (especially after I lost it on the back straight).
Old 11-16-02, 08:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it's great man, thanks for the help, without you we wouldn't have been able to pull the deal actually i am in san jose, but i went down last week, picked up the brake, and installed it at tm engineering too let me tell you, todd is a great guy. not only cool to hang out with, and his work is TOP notch. the kind of attention he paid on my car was awesome. i am going to make another post about my brake later on and will talk more about that

thanks todd!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-02, 06:07 PM
gsbill
Driver School Candidate

Well They're installed and they are GGReat (to quote a famous tiger). Very good stopping power. Progressive feel and not too grabby-waiting for my wife to drive it to get her impressions. I can't wait to get it back to the track and see how much lap times have improved! between the brakes and the suspension, I feel they will be greatly improved.
Old 11-24-02, 09:17 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally posted by rominl
umm.... can you explain a bit more on the rear parking brake adjustment? what exactly do you mean by rubbing?
I got to take the rear rotor off at our Chicagoland meet and I found some broken springs. The place I got them installed broke them and didn't want to tell me cause the pieces are hard to find.

I took the offending parts out and the rubbing has stopped. I'll order the parts either this week or next since it only affects the parking brake.
Old 11-24-02, 09:19 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Here are some pics, yes that's snow you can see starting to fall:

Not brakes but I thought fun pics:

Old 11-24-02, 09:27 PM
see_fu
Pole Position

omg! what are you runnin in the rears! those rotors look monsterous!
Old 11-25-02, 12:26 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally posted by see_fu
omg! what are you runnin in the rears! those rotors look monsterous!
Must be an optical illusion, those are the stock size just the Stillen sport rotor.
Old 11-25-02, 03:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Mr Johnson

I got to take the rear rotor off at our Chicagoland meet and I found some broken springs. The place I got them installed broke them and didn't want to tell me cause the pieces are hard to find.

I took the offending parts out and the rubbing has stopped. I'll order the parts either this week or next since it only affects the parking brake.
oh.... that's bad.... i hate when shops try to hide things from you

Quick Reply: AP GB Brakes installed