Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Road Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-12, 08:43 AM
boosting
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Race

I want to Road Race with the SC300 and TimeAttack

Where can i find upgraded suspension components for the SC300/Soarer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also whats the widest tire you can run up front and does anyone on here sell the Brackets to run the Z06 Calipers on our cars or is it better to just buy a BBK kit?
Old 06-11-12, 09:19 AM
teezlr
Rookie

I like the sound of this. I just sold my mk3 supra that was a track car, picked up a sc300 last week. Should do very well if set up proplerly!

I've been looking around at suspension and bushing kits myself and find that there isn't as much available directly for our cars, it seems that most of the parts are made for the jza80 supra chasis and need to be fitted.
Old 06-11-12, 09:24 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Firstly, DO NOT ROAD RACE YOU IDIOT!

Secondly, all the information you guys need is on this website, just search. There are plenty suspension options for the SC, as well as Supra suspensions that will work.
Old 06-11-12, 09:36 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Maaaaaaaaan, how the heck are you even gonna "race" when you don't even know where and how to begin modding your vehicle?!?!? Go play GTA or Need for Speed first before you do anything stupid!
Old 06-11-12, 09:43 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Guys, knock off the personal commentary please.

scENFORCER, I don't think you understand what the OP means by "Road race and time attack". He's talking about going to closed road courses like Watkins Glen (or Mosport closer to you).
Old 06-11-12, 03:37 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have the money, you can go with KW V3 coilovers for the MKIV. If you're on more of a budget, bilsteins with custom perches and springs of your choosing will do great. Also, I would replace the control arm and steering rack bushings. They really tighten up the feel of the car during cornering.

As for tires, up front, you can probably run a 265-275 given the right offsets and a fender roll.

For brakes, common upgrades are Supra TT brakes F/R, and 95-99? LS400 brakes (front only). If you do the LS brakes in the front, make sure to at least upgrade your pads in the rear, or else you'll end up with some funky brake bias, especially after a few hard laps.

I would also add a power steering cooler, as well as an oil cooler, just for good measure.
Old 06-11-12, 05:03 PM
boosting
Driver

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Firstly, DO NOT ROAD RACE YOU IDIOT!

Secondly, all the information you guys need is on this website, just search. There are plenty suspension options for the SC, as well as Supra suspensions that will work.
how am i an Idiot for Road Racing? Its an accredited sport, plus its better than "stancing" out your SC so you can go park it in a parking lot and take pictures.

I already race other cars, just have trouble finding parts for this chassis.

Its always easier to help people rather than bash them because you dont understand yourself what the correct answer is.

I already have Coilovers, and LS400 brakes, but i want MORE COMPETITIVE racing suspension components.

If anyone on here has some valuable information please let me know, if not than i guess ill figure out a way. I know what it needs, just dont know if i need to fabricate it.

Thanks for all the negative feedback, im sure the ones who bashed are the ones who dont participate in any REAL racing. I guess HardParking is cool if you are 18
Old 06-11-12, 05:09 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys, knock off the personal commentary please.
boosting, this request applies to you as well please. Don't think some of the folks understood what you meant or needed as you didn't give a lot of details.
Old 06-11-12, 09:14 PM
boosting
Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
boosting, this request applies to you as well please. Don't think some of the folks understood what you meant or needed as you didn't give a lot of details.
sorry. and thanks for clearing it up
Old 06-11-12, 10:51 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My bad as well. Thought he meant 'street racing'.
Old 06-11-12, 11:53 PM
Dai Kaiju
Driver

I'm pretty curious about those Z06 brackets myself. I know someone had them up front but I never heard about the brackets being sold or if they were available for the rear as well.
Old 06-12-12, 05:45 AM
boosting
Driver

Originally Posted by Dai Kaiju
I'm pretty curious about those Z06 brackets myself. I know someone had them up front but I never heard about the brackets being sold or if they were available for the rear as well.
im going to make a set soon.. ill see if anyone is interested. This car will take longer than expected to get out on track but ill make it happen
Old 06-12-12, 09:30 AM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look up battle version, he carries many upgraded suspension components for the sc and ive been wanting to try them out for a while now
Old 06-12-12, 10:13 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

For the Z06 brake calipers, you need to contact LRD, he's the one who 1st used it, if I'm not mistaken, anyways...
Old 06-12-12, 10:54 AM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At this point, if you're really serious about upgrading the suspension components, go find a reputable shop in your area and get some custom made pieces. If you can make a lot for cheap, sell them here, i'm sure there are many people here who would love a cheaper alternative to adjustable arms and links.

Quick Reply: Road Race