Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS250 - best brake upgrade?

Old 05-30-13, 12:44 PM
jsibayan
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks everyone for your reply. Yeah, if there is no difference in performance then I'll probably stick with the stock ones. I was also looking at some caliper covers from MGP just for looks. Does anyone have any comments about this route?
Old 05-30-13, 01:06 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jsibayan
Thanks everyone for your reply. Yeah, if there is no difference in performance then I'll probably stick with the stock ones. I was also looking at some caliper covers from MGP just for looks. Does anyone have any comments about this route?
Thats like putting ISF badges on your 250/350, dont do it.......
Old 05-30-13, 05:16 PM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not worth it, it will just build up all the brake dust on it and cause you more problems. I would just upgrade to a bigger caliper like a 6 piston, or if you have a is250 get the brakes from the is350 or from the isf.
Old 05-31-13, 11:32 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
Thats like putting ISF badges on your 250/350, dont do it.......
womp womp sensitive subject.....

[...]I was also looking at some caliper covers from MGP just for looks. Does anyone have any comments about this route?
Don't go that route. I have not seen them in person but they look cheap. I am all for you doing what you want but personally I say dont get something that fakes it. no-name bbk, fine. fake bbk, stupid.
Old 05-31-13, 11:49 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
womp womp sensitive subject.....

Don't go that route. I have not seen them in person but they look cheap. I am all for you doing what you want but personally I say dont get something that fakes it. no-name bbk, fine. fake bbk, stupid.
It seems to be on this forum for some reason

Dont fake something that you dont have. If you have a 250 with an ISF body kit, dont put F badges on. If you dont have a bbk, dont put brembo covers (this is not directed at the OP btw, just in general), if you have rep lip kit (like me) dont try and pass it off as authentic.

Dont know why people do any of these things
Old 05-31-13, 02:53 PM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I track my IS350 a few times a year and the brakes on those seem to hold up pretty well on the track with a few modifications so I think they would be fine for 250 as well. First few times out I had all sorts of problems with fade and my brake fluid boiling (no fun having your brake pedal go to the floor going into a corner) but I updated to StopTec pads and slotted rotors, and racing brake fluid and that make a huge improvment. I can go hard for a 25 min session at the track and have my brakes still work pretty well at the end. May upgrade to more aggressive pads next time but don't know if I want to deal with the side effects on the street.
Old 06-11-13, 12:44 AM
fantastic1
Rookie

Couldn't have said it better myself.
It's all about marketing. And those who fall for it are fools.
In this case. cross drilled rotor consumers lol
Old 10-08-14, 08:30 AM
AceDon111
Driver School Candidate

Kurtz bro major thanks but, planning on supercharging my 2IS and i was totally stuck on what kind of brakes to get any ideas? NOT GOING TO BE A TRACK CAR AT ALL!!! daily driven.
Old 11-04-14, 09:08 AM
CooperT
Driver School Candidate

I'm new to this forum, and I have a IS250, 2010. Got my rear brakes replaced in December 2012 and the dealership is telling me I need to replace the rear brakes again. It has not even been 2 years. Has anyone else experienced this situation.
Old 11-04-14, 12:34 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

someone call the ambulance because somebody got burned
Old 11-06-14, 03:49 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 396 Likes on 241 Posts

***** just go ceramic not need slotted or crossed drilled hahaha.

I prefer slotted, you can google crossed drilled fractures and thats just a day on the track. Whether or not it's cheap stuff or not I don't know.
Old 11-10-14, 08:20 AM
CooperT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by reyoasian
someone call the ambulance because somebody got burned
Didn't get burned because I didn't replace them. But thanks.
Old 11-10-14, 01:40 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CooperT
Didn't get burned because I didn't replace them. But thanks.
nobody's talking to you
Old 12-02-14, 11:01 AM
TehBotol
Driver School Candidate

I never drive my car on the track but I have the f-sport big brake kit. I can tell the difference in braking compared to the stock brakes, it has a much better bite on high speed and consistent braking force compared to low speed braking. The stock brake requires additional force when applied on high speed. Not sure about stopping distance, because you can only test that on a track. I don't think it would make that much difference because the brake only help make the tire grip sooner.
Old 12-10-14, 09:51 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TehBotol
I never drive my car on the track but I have the f-sport big brake kit. I can tell the difference in braking compared to the stock brakes, it has a much better bite on high speed and consistent braking force compared to low speed braking. The stock brake requires additional force when applied on high speed. Not sure about stopping distance, because you can only test that on a track. I don't think it would make that much difference because the brake only help make the tire grip sooner.
Congrats on the F Sport big brake kit. They look super nice!

For your information, the tires also make a difference in braking and even braking distance with the same brake system.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IS250 - best brake upgrade?