Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS250 - best brake upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-12, 10:09 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I know this is an old tread but I just read Kurtz's responses. DAMN that kid shut up pretty quick lol
The following users liked this post:
breeza (04-04-23)
Old 11-29-12, 09:22 AM
lISaMarie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
I know this is an old tread but I just read Kurtz's responses. DAMN that kid shut up pretty quick lol
lol! I was thinking the same thing. Kurtz is greatness
Old 11-29-12, 10:27 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Kurtz and I have had our moments, but I certainly agree with him when it comes to rotors. I am replacing the front pads and all the rotors on my F. I am going with slotted rotors and front pads from Ferodo. I'm getting the pads from http://speed-freaks.net I have a couple of discount codes from them, if any of you guys are interested. They're great folks to work with.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 06-26-13 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-29-12, 10:29 AM
lISaMarie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Kurtz and I have had our moments, but I certainly agree with him when it comes to rotors. I am replacing the front pads and all the rotors on my F. I am going with slotted rotors from our forum sponsor, AdansRotors, and front pads from Ferodo. I'm getting the pads from http://speed-freaks.net I have a couple of discount codes from them, if any of you guys are interested. They're great folks to work with.

Lou

Thanks for the info Lou! I'm lookin for some slotted rotors. I'll check out the site and let you know

Last edited by lISaMarie; 11-29-12 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Totally read your post wrong! Sorry bout that
Old 11-29-12, 01:34 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by M32H32IS
Nice myth, but driling doesn't make them weaker. AMG, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and every high performance car has drilled rotors - not slotted.

Are ISF and Fsport the same? Just rebadged 6 piston Brembos?

I found stop tech drilled rotors and hawk pads - anyone ran this on stock is250?
ISF = Brembo
FSport = StopTech
Old 01-30-13, 08:38 AM
korupt1
Driver School Candidate

Kurtz nice references.
I am sooo verdue for my brake upgrade and finally putting my set up together, Does anyone know if the IS300 Rear Calipers bolt up to the ISx? I want to have at least a 2 pot caliper in the rear. I have heard from many that upgrading the rears is a waste of money but I happen to personally disagree. That is just my opinion. I am not interested in spending couple grand on a performance BBK, but I still want a good functional brake set up. Fronts are the IS350 calipers with IS350 rotors. Going to shop on Thursday to get powdercoated before I put them on the car. Any help would be greatly appriciated. thanks.
Old 01-30-13, 03:20 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steezy
Kurtz you're boss
+1 on that.
Old 02-06-13, 03:52 PM
skullkandy
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow someone just got raped in this thread
The following users liked this post:
lilwatty19 (05-31-23)
Old 04-08-13, 11:13 AM
tarheel01
Driver School Candidate

Kurtz - Just read this today. Honestly, you made my day! I have lived almost 20 years just south of the infamous Nurburgring. I see "track" cars regularly being driven to and tested there. You have stated what is known. Or should I say, what development has proven. Many consumers however, are blinded by brands, trends or asthetics and fail to do their homework. Let alone, just "blah" something off to seem like they know or are "hip to the game". Thanks for the post. Made a fellow NC native abroad proud...
Old 05-21-13, 12:41 PM
jsibayan
Rookie

Hello Sir, I have a 2006 IS250 and thinking of upgrading to the IS350 front calipers, do you think by upgrading to this set up, powerslot rotors and pads, will give a noticeable difference in performance or should I just stay with the stock front calipers on my IS250 and upgrade the rotors and pads? Please reply.
Old 05-22-13, 11:35 AM
nastyemu
Driver

Originally Posted by jsibayan
Hello Sir, I have a 2006 IS250 and thinking of upgrading to the IS350 front calipers, do you think by upgrading to this set up, powerslot rotors and pads, will give a noticeable difference in performance or should I just stay with the stock front calipers on my IS250 and upgrade the rotors and pads? Please reply.
I recently upgraded to powerslot slotted rotors and stoptech street pads. no difference in 'performance' as far as braking distance and feel. they just look a little better and cost a little less...
Old 05-23-13, 06:53 PM
jsibayan
Rookie

Thank you Nasty, any other comments from anyone...????
Old 05-24-13, 03:55 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I considered getting slotted rotors when i upgraded my brakes to 350 brakes...but after driving my boys car that has them and them my car..i don't see the need to..but then again I only drive my car for looks..i hardly ever do more than 55mph
Old 05-24-13, 09:17 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, theyre pretty much just for looks + a little less pad life ^^
Old 05-24-13, 09:50 AM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jsibayan
There is no difference on them from stock. If you are looking into getting powerslot rotors then you are better off getting the best brake pads out there. You don't need the slotted rotors unless you are racing, because our brakes are vented and we have a direct air coming from the front bumper.

If you really want noticeable difference on your brakes, upgrade to a big brake kit, or a 6 piston caliper system or the best of the best carbon rotors and again ITS ALL ON THE PADS.

otherwise its just asthetics.

Quick Reply: IS250 - best brake upgrade?