Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

DIY: Remove stock abs/vsc master cylinder ---> Install power brake booster & master

Old 10-06-13, 05:37 PM
Dscustoms
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know. We are all running these with LS1 swaps, which have a port for the brake booster. Why are you removing ABS on a non swapped car? Mine doesn't work without the lexus ECU.
Old 10-09-13, 10:05 PM
boombastic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dscustoms
Don't know. We are all running these with LS1 swaps, which have a port for the brake booster. Why are you removing ABS on a non swapped car? Mine doesn't work without the lexus ECU.
Did the mod because my original unit was broke for good. Didn't wanna pay lexus a bunch of money for a new unit and I also didn't wanna take a risk on an used one for a hefty price as well over the internet cause unfortunately the GS model of car isn't too common around my area. This was a much cheaper alternative for me. I figured out my vacuum situation as well. So far my mod hasn't produced any issues and is working very well.
Old 10-13-13, 11:03 PM
Dscustoms
Driver

Shoulda just bought my used one. What parts did you use on your conversion? Might as well post it in here along with some pics, so that other people benefit from your experience.
Old 10-19-13, 01:02 PM
boombastic
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dscustoms
Shoulda just bought my used one. What parts did you use on your conversion? Might as well post it in here along with some pics, so that other people benefit from your experience.
Yeah sure that sounds good I'll get a couple pics. Question for you though. How hard was your LS swap on your car? What LS motor did you use? Just curious cause it seems that engine is more abundant in my area then a VVTI 2jz
Old 10-19-13, 04:12 PM
Dscustoms
Driver

I could have gone either way, but it is so much fun with the big torque of the V8. Check my other posts for some pics and details, doesn't really belong in this thread. Seriously after this swap, I want to put LSx motors into everything.
Old 11-17-13, 07:36 PM
azndriver
Driver

Please delete

Last edited by azndriver; 12-25-13 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-02-13, 03:06 PM
Cbrmaniak
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boombastic
Did the mod because my original unit was broke for good. Didn't wanna pay lexus a bunch of money for a new unit and I also didn't wanna take a risk on an used one for a hefty price as well over the internet cause unfortunately the GS model of car isn't too common around my area. This was a much cheaper alternative for me. I figured out my vacuum situation as well. So far my mod hasn't produced any issues and is working very well.

Where did you tap into the vacuum on your car?
Old 12-02-13, 06:28 PM
MasterKwan
Driver

Where did you tap into the vacuum on your car?
I'm going to tap into the PCV line. It's big and fat. The other vacuum lines look too skinny.
Old 12-07-13, 05:25 AM
Cbrmaniak
Driver School Candidate

I completed this conversion yesterday on a 99 gs300! It was really easy, I went to junkyard and got 2 brake tees for the front and rear lines off of 2 older corollas. Mounted up booster/master was able to directly put old lines into tees with a little bending, no cutting. (Just in case I came across a good deal on a factory setup at a later date) bought a 90 degree elbow and drilled and tapped it into intake. Bled the system and pulled fuses. I now have a driving Gs that has been sitting for a year! Thanks for this write up, I was able to do this for 175.00 and a little bit of time! Thanks Thanks Thanks again!
The following 2 users liked this post by Cbrmaniak:
Aeok18109 (05-16-19), Snowyrhoads (03-20-24)
Old 12-07-13, 11:16 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cbrmaniak
I completed this conversion yesterday on a 99 gs300! It was really easy, I went to junkyard and got 2 brake tees for the front and rear lines off of 2 older corollas. Mounted up booster/master was able to directly put old lines into tees with a little bending, no cutting. (Just in case I came across a good deal on a factory setup at a later date) bought a 90 degree elbow and drilled and tapped it into intake. Bled the system and pulled fuses. I now have a driving Gs that has been sitting for a year! Thanks for this write up, I was able to do this for 175.00 and a little bit of time! Thanks Thanks Thanks again!
Damn, 175 is cheap to do this. Please take some pictures on your setup.
Old 12-09-13, 10:38 AM
Cbrmaniak
Driver School Candidate

Bought used master and booster for 100 on ebay, wilwood proportion for 40 and about 35.00 for line and tees!
learned something a little later that there is a vacuum port already in the intake for the booster. On the back corner is a bolt blocking it off, the fitting is on 93 and up supra's. Still working great!

Name:  AAF4076C-D15E-476E-867E-B8A815C130FE_zps5tpwwnsn.jpg
Views: 5585
Size:  121.8 KB
The following users liked this post:
Snowyrhoads (03-20-24)
Old 12-25-13, 10:48 PM
azndriver
Driver

delete this

Last edited by azndriver; 03-19-16 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-27-13, 06:14 AM
perrychad1
Driver

which wilwood prop valve did you get? looked on website and they listed more than one. thanx
Old 12-31-13, 10:27 AM
articmonke
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cbrmaniak
Bought used master and booster for 100 on ebay, wilwood proportion for 40 and about 35.00 for line and tees!
learned something a little later that there is a vacuum port already in the intake for the booster. On the back corner is a bolt blocking it off, the fitting is on 93 and up supra's. Still working great!

by any chance can you tell us the part number on that brake booster plz thanks
Old 12-31-13, 10:38 AM
articmonke
Rookie

will the 98 brake booster w/out traction control fit properly???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY: Remove stock abs/vsc master cylinder ---> Install power brake booster & master