Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

rear camber kit that creates negative camber?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-12, 08:12 AM
AtlantaVIP
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't you just negative Camber on the stock arms?
Old 03-03-12, 08:34 AM
21SF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlantaVIP
Yea but it maxes out at 4-6 I believe.
Old 03-03-12, 11:10 AM
FULLMOONG

Also if looking for wheel clearance the stock adj does just alittle bit.
Old 12-26-12, 07:24 PM
tqtmails
Driver School Candidate

Hi im new to this club. Im thinking abt to get negative camber for my 2nd gs too. Please anione sugguest me a place to install and where i can get the front/rear camber. Im located in rosemead ca. Let me know if ya'll around my place
Old 02-09-14, 04:54 PM
FloridaKid
Driver School Candidate

sorry for bringing this back from the graveyard

i recently bought some new wheels and they need some camber to clear my fenders. so i contacted megan racing and they told me that the rear lower control arm that they sell only fixes camber. right now im running about -4.3 degrees of camber on the stock arms looking for about 2 more degrees to get around -6.5 to clear my fenders with my new wheels. i heard about rca blocks but cant seem to find anything. i called figs engineering up and they have a solution for me but its pricey.

if anyone could help me that would be great

my wheels specs are 19x11 et -6
Old 02-09-14, 06:22 PM
FloridaKid
Driver School Candidate

this is how much its pokes lol. what are your guys input on stretched tires?
Attached Thumbnails rear camber kit that creates negative camber?-img_3964.jpg   rear camber kit that creates negative camber?-img_3955.jpg   rear camber kit that creates negative camber?-img_3962.jpg  
Old 02-10-14, 08:55 AM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FULLMOONG
Ah ok if your looking for camber to run a more aggressive wheel in the rear and clear the fender your going to need to run the Rear Upper Control Arm and Toe Links, The Lower Control Arm that Megan And Figs offer increase camber by extending the lower arm and don't really give you any more clearance.

I know that there are some people on here running the Studio, Nigisa and Ikeya arms.

I have installed them for afew people to and 1 guy I know is running a 19x11 +/- 0 with basically just a rolled fender.
I'm in the same situation except I refuse to modify my rear quarters. I'm having some Leon's rebuilt right now and they are 19x10 +27 in the rear. With the possibility of rubbing the rear fenders edge I might need to dial in negative camber as well to avoid rubbing. Unfortunately my Stance coilovers don't have this option as they did in other cars I've built. So are you saying I need adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms and Toe Links? Also what brand do you recommend?
Old 02-10-14, 09:18 AM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AtlantaVIP
Originally Posted by 21SF
Yea but it maxes out at 4-6 I believe.
So the stock rear upper control arms give you up to -6 adjustable rear camber? That may be all I need.
Old 02-10-14, 01:02 PM
FloridaKid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RCFC89
I'm in the same situation except I refuse to modify my rear quarters. I'm having some Leon's rebuilt right now and they are 19x10 +27 in the rear. With the possibility of rubbing the rear fenders edge I might need to dial in negative camber as well to avoid rubbing. Unfortunately my Stance coilovers don't have this option as they did in other cars I've built. So are you saying I need adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms and Toe Links? Also what brand do you recommend?
i ran a 19x10 +11 in the rear with a 235/35 tire with shaved rear quarter panel and a slight pull with fender roller. so i think you should be okay with a 19x10 +27 with just shaved quarter panel
Old 02-10-14, 01:37 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FloridaKid
i ran a 19x10 +11 in the rear with a 235/35 tire with shaved rear quarter panel and a slight pull with fender roller. so i think you should be okay with a 19x10 +27 with just shaved quarter panel
Thanks for the insight but I'm trying to avoid doing any fender work. I've done so much pulling and rolling on previous builds. I've heard enough horror stories with the rear fenders on this car that I'm not going to risk it. The car is effing Mint. I want to leave it that way. Based of your numbers I think I might be able to pull it off without shaving anything and adding a little negative camber.
http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php...et2=11#content

Can you verify that you can add negative camber with the lower control arm alignment bolt?

Last edited by RCFC89; 02-10-14 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-10-14, 10:45 PM
FloridaKid
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the insight but I'm trying to avoid doing any fender work. I've done so much pulling and rolling on previous builds. I've heard enough horror stories with the rear fenders on this car that I'm not going to risk it. The car is effing Mint. I want to leave it that way. Based of your numbers I think I might be able to pull it off without shaving anything and adding a little negative camber.

Can you verify that you can add negative camber with the lower control arm alignment bolt?
I know that our stock arms can adjust to about -3 to -5
I'm running about -4.3 on stock arms but my car is pretty low. What kind of suspension are you running? How much are you planning to lower the car? If you are even lowering it?
Old 02-10-14, 10:51 PM
FloridaKid
Driver School Candidate

I know when you pull you could get dimples in the quater panel. If you shave it you avoid getting any dimples and the car remains mint. After you shave it just get some black spray paint to seal the metal.
Old 02-11-14, 02:03 AM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm 19x9.5 +20 with -5.5-6* camber all around, roles fenders nothing else, I have a good 1 1/2 to 2 inches of clearance still.yeah I'm battleship sunk. Stock arms and I recommend a shave, you get more clearance and a cleaner appearance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pjurisprudencia/12455011924/http://www.flickr.com/photos/pjurisprudencia/12455011924/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/pjurisprudencia/, on Flickr

Last edited by SC4Paulo; 02-11-14 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-11-14, 08:40 AM
RCFC89
Pole Position

I know that our stock arms can adjust to about -3 to -5
I'm running about -4.3 on stock arms but my car is pretty low. What kind of suspension are you running? How much are you planning to lower the car? If you are even lowering it?
I have Stance SS coilovers. Its pretty damn low. Does the amount of negative camber already produced by lowering the car have any effect on the amount of adjustment the lower control arm camber bolt provides?

I know when you pull you could get dimples in the quater panel. If you shave it you avoid getting any dimples and the car remains mint. After you shave it just get some black spray paint to seal the metal.
I've shaved fenders before. From my research it seems as long as you don't shave past the welds on the lip you can avoid separation issues with the metal panels. If I'm forced to do it I will but I'd like not to.
Attached Thumbnails rear camber kit that creates negative camber?-photo2.jpg  
Old 02-22-14, 02:40 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by FULLMOONG
Ah ok if your looking for camber to run a more aggressive wheel in the rear and clear the fender your going to need to run the Rear Upper Control Arm and Toe Links, The Lower Control Arm that Megan And Figs offer increase camber by extending the lower arm and don't really give you any more clearance.

I know that there are some people on here running the Studio, Nigisa and Ikeya arms.

I have installed them for afew people to and 1 guy I know is running a 19x11 +/- 0 with basically just a rolled fender.
extending the rear arms does add clearance because the ball joint is within the radius of the rim. So it pivots about the upper ball joint.
We also have rear upper control arm bushings that take an additional 10mm off the top arm if needed. Most people have been able to achieve desired wheel clearance with out rear lowers. we can custom build whatever, so our catalog product is just a start as each kit is made to order.

Also something to consider when just adjusting the top is the rear axle length. If you just pull in the top you might run into axle length issues because there is very little room to go inward and more room to go outward. That is why the bottom is best. not to mention you get the benefit of the longer linkage lengths for less toe change and longer tread wear.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions