Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

lowering spring quest?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-12, 09:39 PM
hovsc400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering spring quest?

To the guys who are lowered on just springs just wanted to know if you guys were satisfied with drop and ride most springs i see drop the car 1.7 in front and something like .9 in the rear.

My car is a budget build and i am not quite ready to shell out all the cash for coilovers as i currently need lca's 1 broke already, sway bar links, and some other random suspension components so i figured with the cost of a quality set of coilovers i can do all the required work and grab a set of springs at the same time.

So just give me a little feedback on how you felt after you got your lowering springs and yes i have read through a bunch of threads on it just wanted some fresh thoughts.
Old 02-28-12, 09:53 PM
durps
Lead Lap

I don't know how they feel because I'm still trying to buy and find my perfect SC, but I do know that if you wanna get the most drop out of lowering springs, I recommend you buy supra struts and supra lowering springs as it lowers the car an extra inch more or so than the SC lowering springs.
Old 03-05-12, 03:47 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hovsc400
To the guys who are lowered on just springs just wanted to know if you guys were satisfied with drop and ride most springs i see drop the car 1.7 in front and something like .9 in the rear.

My car is a budget build and i am not quite ready to shell out all the cash for coilovers as i currently need lca's 1 broke already, sway bar links, and some other random suspension components so i figured with the cost of a quality set of coilovers i can do all the required work and grab a set of springs at the same time.

So just give me a little feedback on how you felt after you got your lowering springs and yes i have read through a bunch of threads on it just wanted some fresh thoughts.
When I first did a spring job I was ok with it... for like a week. There aren't many options for lowering springs on an SC to begin with, and once you lower on stock wheels you might not like that battleship look.

It basically comes down to this: If you plan on staying with stock wheels, lowering springs are fine. If you are going to go with bigger wheels/tires, then save up more money and go coilovers, because that's the only way to do it.
Old 03-09-12, 01:22 AM
zacknguyen
Driver School Candidate

My friend cleaned up his garage and gave me a set of Tein lower spring from his 97 supra turbo JZA80L. (part number: SKL18-AUB00). The condition is very good. I wonder will it fit for my daily 92 SC400?
Old 03-09-12, 01:36 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by zacknguyen
My friend cleaned up his garage and gave me a set of Tein lower spring from his 97 supra turbo JZA80L. (part number: SKL18-AUB00). The condition is very good. I wonder will it fit for my daily 92 SC400?
From what I remember Supra springs have a different diameter compared to SC's