Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SC300 Lowering springs options? Comfort enough?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-12, 08:11 PM
300ZXSC300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 Lowering springs options? Comfort enough?

I'm about to lower my Lexus SC300. Been selling alot of cars and saving up tons of money. Time to get some goodies for my Lexus. First and foremost, I want to drop my Lexus on aftermarket springs.

I know there are alot of aftermarket springs out there for the Lexus SC300. I would like to know what people's experiences with them are.

How's the following I have in mind, How is the ride comfort?

Tanabe NF210 Springs?
Espelir Active Super Down Springs?
Eibach Pro Springs?

I'm not looking for Coilovers System, maybe in the future but not right now, they ride too rough from my experiences.
Old 02-28-12, 08:36 PM
TTslug
Rookie

buy a set of TT struts and springs. that will net u a 1 - 1.25 drop. if you want a 2 inch drop. buy TT supra struts and a set of springs, ebaich makes a nice spring, always had pretty good ride with those. on my other cars. i did megans this time, but there not installed yet, so i cant tell u how they feel,

i went with TT supra struts and megan lowering springs for my set-up
Old 02-28-12, 10:39 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not all coilovers ride rough, depends on which ones you get. I've been in Buddy Club Race Specs and KW V3's and they both rode better than factory while out performing factory. I had Tein Flex on my car and they do ride rough.
Old 03-05-12, 03:43 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SChema
Not all coilovers ride rough, depends on which ones you get. I've been in Buddy Club Race Specs and KW V3's and they both rode better than factory while out performing factory. I had Tein Flex on my car and they do ride rough.
I disagree, I daily on Flex and they're the best I've driven on when it comes to the "comfort/coilover" trade-off. Better than Sustecs, way better than Zeals, much better than Megans, so much better than HKS/Apexi.

As for springs, Tanabe NF210 will actually be a waste of money - they don't really lower, they just stiffen the spring rate a tad. A smapp tad. As in once you are done installing you'l wonder why you wasted $$ and labor to look EXACTLY THE SAME as before. Espelir ASDs are a nice mild drop, brings the fender gap closer to the tire without looking too low, not bad for the price either. Eibach Pro Springs pretty much the same result as Espelir, but cost a little more.

The word "rough" is misleading, and can be defined differently between individuals. For example, "rough" to me is bouncy, super stiff, make me want to have to pee after driving down the street- type feeling. If you do go coilover you have to understand that there is a trade-off involved simply because of the parts involved - you're swapping OEM soft shock with OEM soft spring and OEM rubber bushings for aftermarket stiffer tuned shock, higher-rate performance spring, and solid aluminum bushings (depending on brand). But you gain performance and a better stance.

BTW I've been on all of the above, not speaking from heresay
Old 03-12-12, 06:40 PM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

TTslug took the words out of my mouth, er fingers