Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: What FIG's part would you like to see released next?
Spherical Tension Arm Bushing
20.63%
Front Upper Arms, with Angled Ball Joint Mount
31.75%
Hi-Steer/RCA/Ball Joint combo
17.46%
Adjustable Tension Arms with Spherical/Heim Joints
7.94%
Front Lower Control Arms
15.87%
Rear Upper Control Arms
6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Upcoming FIGS GS Parts, By order of Importance.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-12, 08:24 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Update from Brian (Sakataj).. Both arms have the bushings in!

How can i get this done? I have my extra 2003 LCA #2 laying around and will pay decent $ for this!!

Thank you!!
Old 02-20-12, 08:42 AM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by istundra
How can i get this done? I have my extra 2003 LCA #2 laying around and will pay decent $ for this!!

Thank you!!
the bearings for the 01-05 arms are still in the works by FIGS.
Old 02-20-12, 09:32 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Got things measured and designed guys. Should have somthing soon.
Thanks for the spare 01+ arm to measure Brian. will get it sorted out.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 02-20-12, 10:21 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by istundra

Thank you!!
you have a passenger side one? i will buy it from you?

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
I PM'd FIGS on 2/17 asking him if he needed the arms and haven't heard back from him.

Not sure what the deal is, i told him numerous times you needed a Pass side, he always replied and never about that.

I'm glad I got the set, so FIGS can work on these!
you know FIGS is busy so its all good mike

Originally Posted by FIGS
Got things measured and designed guys. Should have somthing soon.
Thanks for the spare 01+ arm to measure Brian. will get it sorted out.
you know your welcome and thanks to you mike for getting these made for us....

so that little nick wasnt a issue correct? unfortunately i wont be able to install those 98-00 arms i did press the bushings into until i return from Florida around 3/1/12. i will try to have the complete DIY for it by then also

Last edited by sakataj; 02-20-12 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-20-12, 10:54 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hey brian,

i have a set of left and right. These are my originals from my car.... i had about 60K on them and they are cracked!

anyway i bought those problem solver bushings from sewell and gosh.. they are a ***** to install.. so i ended up buying a new set and not installing these bushings.

anyway... i'm not planning to sell them because i know in due time. they will wear out and i need replacements.!

sorry bro! i need these as backups when my new one goes out...
Old 02-21-12, 08:23 AM
gs400rpg
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ Figs, Once all the GS model year sepherical bearings have been released for sale can we still expect to see an adjustable caster arm or will the other projects UCA, histeer, ect come first?
Old 02-21-12, 01:01 PM
justablkv8
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

any 98-00 progress on where we can get those castor arm inserts?

thanks.
Old 02-23-12, 06:24 PM
00Formula
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to drag race my GS430 after swapping a turbo'd LS engine in, what parts of the rear suspension would help with launching? I'm use to solid axles, not IRS, so I'm unsure. Are you selling any of these parts for SC's or Supra's as more of them seem to drag race? I'm looking to run 10's in the 1/4, so I need to set the suspension up properly.
Old 02-26-12, 09:40 AM
TRBOSQRL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its taking too long spherical lower control arm bushing ,upper control arms
Old 02-26-12, 10:14 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Formula
I'm looking to drag race my GS430 after swapping a turbo'd LS engine in, what parts of the rear suspension would help with launching? I'm use to solid axles, not IRS, so I'm unsure. Are you selling any of these parts for SC's or Supra's as more of them seem to drag race? I'm looking to run 10's in the 1/4, so I need to set the suspension up properly.
You've got a long road ahead. I'd get the LS in, then turbo'd and tuned properly before worrying about any solid axle craziness.

Yes solid rears are obviously better for drag racing. Cobra guys rip out the rear IRS and bolt in a mustang gt solid rear because it's a 100% bolt in deal. You'll be 100% custom and it's fine to do, but your gonna have clearance issue with any travel in these cars, you will likely be needing to tub/notch into the trunk to run a 8.8" or 9" rear which are both great platforms to build from.

Although to break the 10's there really is no need to go there with this car. You can do it on the IRS without much issue.

And honestly I'd spend the money on a race logic traction control before I'd mess with a solid axle.

Last edited by 99 GS3; 02-26-12 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-26-12, 06:07 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

OK, so I installed the spherical bushings friday after work and drove the car today. Here are my first impressions.

On the installation I still had to use the press to push these in. I was under the assumption with the recommendation of the 620 Bearing Compound that these would be a slip fit. There was no way these would be easily pushed or hammered in. It took about as much force to press as most ball joints I've changed usually need.

So to Brian and Figs did you also need to press them in the 98-00 arms?

This is by no way an issue, and I prefer the press fit. I still used the 620 but didn't really see why it was required. A groove and retaining ring on the back would be a nice addition and seemingly eliminate the 620 if they are all this tight of a press.

OK, so driving. I had wondered how much the road would transfer to the car going with a solid bushing. And it is defiantly noticeable, bumps and cracks in the road are more prominent but are not necessarily harsh. It took a small bit of the luxury feel from the car, but on the other hand the steering feels more direct and the car definitely is a bit more stable taking turns that also have bumps or dips in them that cycle the suspension while your turning at the same time..

I would say it is overall a great upgrade and I no longer have to worry about the condition of the caster bushings and hopefully stop losing alignments in a few thousand miles from the accelerated wear those bushings take on when on coilovers since these will never change position on the bolt.

The full adjustable arm would be nice to have to be able to adjust the caster just a little, as these old people cars steer a bit lazy for my taste, it would be much more nimble even for it's size if you could straighten up the spindle just a little. Even though I just said that, I would much rather see the hi-steer/balljoint combo released next..

Last edited by 99 GS3; 02-26-12 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-27-12, 12:04 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
OK, so I installed the spherical bushings friday after work and drove the car today. Here are my first impressions.

On the installation I still had to use the press to push these in. I was under the assumption with the recommendation of the 620 Bearing Compound that these would be a slip fit. There was no way these would be easily pushed or hammered in. It took about as much force to press as most ball joints I've changed usually need.

This is by no way an issue, and I prefer the press fit. I still used the 620 but didn't really see why it was required. A groove and retaining ring on the back would be a nice addition and seemingly eliminate the 620 if they are all this tight of a press.

OK, so driving. I had wondered how much the road would transfer to the car going with a solid bushing. And it is defiantly noticeable, bumps and cracks in the road are more prominent but are not necessarily harsh. It took a small bit of the luxury feel from the car, but on the other hand the steering feels more direct and the car definitely is a bit more stable taking turns that also have bumps or dips in them that cycle the suspension while your turning at the same time..

I would say it is overall a great upgrade and I no longer have to worry about the condition of the caster bushings and hopefully stop losing alignments in a few thousand miles from the accelerated wear those bushings take on when on coilovers since these will never change position on the bolt.

The full adjustable arm would be nice to have to be able to adjust the caster just a little, as these old people cars steer a bit lazy for my taste, it would be much more nimble even for it's size if you could straighten up the spindle just a little. Even though I just said that, I would much rather see the hi-steer/balljoint combo released next..
Interesting on the press-fit as the diameter on the arms I have seen has been such that it passes through by hand, maybe a little push but not a press. Could have been the tolerance on the arm or perhaps contamination? I remember you did remove the existing ring, so that was not it. Good it installed anyway and that is the intent is to add the 620 to take up tolerance. We can look at augmenting the design with and OD snap ring but it might add more cost if we can find one of appropriate size.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 02-27-12, 12:39 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
Interesting on the press-fit as the diameter on the arms I have seen has been such that it passes through by hand, maybe a little push but not a press. Could have been the tolerance on the arm or perhaps contamination? I remember you did remove the existing ring, so that was not it. Good it installed anyway and that is the intent is to add the 620 to take up tolerance. We can look at augmenting the design with and OD snap ring but it might add more cost if we can find one of appropriate size.
I think we're all ready for a release now and most of us won't mind having to use a bit of a press to get it in.

No more delay, let's do it!
Old 03-01-12, 09:28 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99 GS3

no press required...well not a typical press. i will explain it all with pics shortly. playing catch up from a week gone not to mention im sick now also dang weather changes
Old 03-06-12, 09:10 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

still working on this....but still playing catch up. laptop is in shop so i need to bring my external haddrive up to work to upload the pics. everything is done except writing it up....

sorry for the delays guys

Quick Reply: Upcoming FIGS GS Parts, By order of Importance.....