Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sway Bar Link Tip

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-12, 05:51 PM
lexusben
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
I just bought Moogs as well...all 4 corners...if they last 1/2 as long as my OEMs...I'll be a happy camper. OEM lasted 10+ years.
Where did you find the rears, I could only get a hold of the Front Sway Bar Links from Moog.
Old 01-03-12, 06:52 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusben
Where did you find the rears, I could only get a hold of the Front Sway Bar Links from Moog.
RockAuto.com
Old 02-21-12, 09:45 PM
SinisterIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are adjustable end links required for a lowered car? What about if it's just lowered about and inch like with the Eibach Pro Kit? The FIGS are certainly higher than the Moog end links and I wouldn't want to spend all that extra on something that isn't completely necessary.
Old 02-21-12, 09:49 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I got Daizen Sway bar kit...its rear is adjustable to 3 settings using OEM endlinks...not sure how adjustable endlinks work with stock sway bars tho...do you feel any difference in the body roll?
Old 02-22-12, 04:04 PM
SinisterIS
Driver School Candidate

My suspension is 100% stock at the moment, but its mostly just a street car that I want to get into a little light auto-x with. I already have a TRD Yellow front sway bar to put on there and I was looking at some options for a rear sway that would go well with it. I am probably just gonna go with an Eibach Pro kit after that with stock shock/struts and maybe something like a Tokico Illumina later on. I was just wondering if the adjustable end links would be a big improvement to that setup or if it's only with a more aggressive drop that they really come into play. Also, if you rear adjustable end links are necessary, does that necessarily mean the fronts are always too?
Old 08-02-12, 12:11 AM
2eXceL
Driver

I had to replace my Front Sway bar link because I broke the studs on the original OEM one when trying to tighten to the torque spec. I think this is a common failure either to incorrect spec or because your probably have to hand- tighten both bolts to the Sway bar then torque slowly each one.

When I installed the Moog replacement Swaybar link I also noticed it kept spinning the ball joint side this is because the Moog part comes with a Nut with Serated surface that "catches" the LCA bracket as you tighten and starts spinning the link. Instead I just used the original OEM nut with the Mood Sway link and did not have to worry about it spinning.
Old 08-05-12, 08:40 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can always try some needle nose vice grips on the inside portion of the end link if the center doesnt have the hex allan bolt fitting to hold the ball joint of the sway bar end link in place. should be just enough to give you some counter grip to tighten the nut on.
Old 01-19-13, 02:06 PM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

In case anyone else has trouble with installing the Moog links this is what I did:

Used a C clamp to apply pressure on the end opposite of the nut to push the "ribbed threads" against the control arm. This held the bolt in place and stopped it from spinning.
Old 03-18-13, 01:40 AM
Iparkcars
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2eXceL
I had to replace my Front Sway bar link because I broke the studs on the original OEM one when trying to tighten to the torque spec. I think this is a common failure either to incorrect spec or because your probably have to hand- tighten both bolts to the Sway bar then torque slowly each one.

When I installed the Moog replacement Swaybar link I also noticed it kept spinning the ball joint side this is because the Moog part comes with a Nut with Serated surface that "catches" the LCA bracket as you tighten and starts spinning the link. Instead I just used the original OEM nut with the Mood Sway link and did not have to worry about it spinning.

I'm putting moog sway bar links in how do I get the sway bar link out on the lower part with the long threaded bolt and nut
Old 03-18-13, 03:24 AM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bottom bolt should be 17mm 18mm or 19mm.Break the nut loose remove. then with a mallet or hammer tap the bolt out of the lower control arm. to make it easier take some the the weight off the lower arm by supporting it by a jack.
Old 07-12-15, 06:24 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So is everyone happy with figs' end links? I'm considering getting these.